What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC - B - W3 - NZL 22-28 TON @ Hamilton

Result: NZL v TON

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

TL-NZ18.png

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 2. Dallin Watene Zelezniak 3. Dean Whare 4. Brad Takairangi 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Kodi Nikorima 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Martin Taupau 9. Thomas Leuluai 10. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 11. Simon Mannering 12. Joseph Tapine 13. Adam Blair

14. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 15. Russell Packer 16. Isaac Liu 17. Danny Levi
18. Kenneath Bromwich 19. Te Maire Martin 20. Elijah Taylor 21. Peta Hiku

TL-TON18.png

1. William Hopoate 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Michael Jennings 4. Konrad Hurrell 5. David Fusitua 6. Tuimoala Lolohea 7. Mafoa'aeata Hingano 8. Andrew Fifita 9. Sione Katoa 10. Sio Siua Taukeiaho 11. Manu Ma'u 12. Sika Manu 13. Jason Taumalolo

14. Siliva Havili 15. Sam Moa 16. Peni Terepo 17. Ben Murdoch-Masila
18. Mahe Fonua 19. Manu Vatuvei 20. Ukuma Ta'ai 21. Tevita Pangai Junior

Match Officials
Referees: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Chris Butler, Mark Craven
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy​

Clifferd

Coach
Would be amazing to see an upset but reckon NZ show their class here.

NZ 26
Tonga 16

mxlegend99

Referee
Aside from Johnson. Theres not much difference between these two teams IMO.

Tonga are a genuine chance if they can keep him out of the game.

Krzzystuff

Juniors
Going for Tonga here just because as a new fan of the game it's what would make me happy. Just seems that the victory would mean more to the Tongan team, nation and RL world than a NZ win.

adamkungl

Immortal
I think NZ will get them but it should be a hell of a scrap.
If Tonga win and all other results go as expected, the comp lines up for an Australia v NZ semi final.

Go Tonga!

TheDMC

Bench
Whatever the result, it will be a cracking game to watch.

Hope the Kiwis smash Turncoat Taumololo.

Clifferd

Coach
Aside from Johnson. Theres not much difference between these two teams IMO.

Tonga are a genuine chance if they can keep him out of the game.

NZ bench >>> Tonga’s bench also. Nelson is a cement truck then add Packer into the mix aswell

Krzzystuff

Juniors
Whatever the result, it will be a cracking game to watch.

Hope the Kiwis smash Turncoat Taumololo.
But he is Tongan isn't he? When players turn their backs last minute on their home nations to represent NZ or Oz are you pissed at them too or just when it goes the other way?

TheDMC

Bench
But he is Tongan isn't he? When players turn their backs last minute on their home nations to represent NZ or Oz are you pissed at them too or just when it goes the other way?

Generally just when it goes the other way probably.

More than happy for JT to play for Tonga, just not last minute considering he had already played for NZ and was obviously in the team for the WC. Hope he get's smashed. But he won't, cause he is a beast.

mxlegend99

Referee
NZ bench >>> Tonga’s bench also. Nelson is a cement truck then add Packer into the mix aswell
Levi / Havili, Packer / Moa, BMM / Liu.. On any given day anyone of those could perform aswell as each other. NAS over Terepo I'll give you. Although as awhole its still not much between the benches.

Looking at all players head to head like that, Johnson is the only player that absolutely destroys his opponent.

Kiwis have the edge in a few areas, Tonga in a few others. I think they round out to be pretty close across all positions aside from 7. Which is a landslide victory to NZ.

Krzzystuff

Juniors
Generally just when it goes the other way probably.

More than happy for JT to play for Tonga, just not last minute considering he had already played for NZ and was obviously in the team for the WC. Hope he get's smashed. But he won't, cause he is a beast.
Lol love the honest answer.
I'm neutral so I'm going for a crazy ass game with a Tonga win. Gota mess with the status quo to see what changes it brings. Will be a great game either way.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
This will be the game of the tournament IMO.

Would love the underdogs to win.

But I never write off a team with Johnson.

Billythekid

First Grade
Probably the most hyped match of the tournament. I think tonga will put up a fight for a bit only for NZ to show their class and win fairly comfortably. Johnson to really make the difference.

If LoLo and Fifita are at their best Tonga have a chance. They have a lot of size in the forwards and the backs. They'll have to dominate the metres battle. They'll also have to get on top early their bench is much weaker than NZ. Tonga need to start off strongly if they're a chance.

Would be great for the tournament.

This Year?

Immortal
Would be great for the tournament if Tonga won but I think NZ in a close one with a spirited performance from Tonga.

Latest posts