What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC - QF2 - NZL 2-4 FIJ @ Wellington

QF Result: NZL v FIJ

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

TL-NZ18.png

1. Roger Tuivasa-sheck 2. Dallin Watene Zelezniak 3. Dean Whare 4. Brad Takairangi 5. Jordan Rapana
6. Te Maire Martin 7. Shaun Johnson
8. Martin Taupau 9. Danny Levi 10. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 11. Simon Mannering 12. Joseph Tapine 13. Adam Blair

Interchange: 14. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 15. Russell Packer 16. Isaac Liu 17. Kodi Nikorima
18. Kenneath Bromwich 19. Jason Nightingale 20. Peta Hiku 21. Addin Fonua-Blake

TL-FIJ18.png

1. Kevin Naiqama 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. Taane Milne 4. Akuila Uate 5. Marcelo Montoya
6. Jarryd Hayne 7. Henry Raiwalui
8. Ashton Sims 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. Eloni Vunakece 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Brayden Wiliame 13. Tui Kamikamica

Interchange: 14. Joe Lovodua 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Junior Roqica 17. Ben Nakubuwai
18. James Storer 19. Salesi Faingaa 20. Sitiveni Moceidreke 21. Pio Sokobalavu

Match Officials
Referee: Matt Cecchin
Sideline Officials: Chris Kendall, Michael Wise
Video Referee: Bernard Sutton​

Burns

First Grade
Fiji just don’t have the forwards to match NZ. Could be close up to half time, but NZ should do it pretty easily, 12+

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I give Fiji every hope. Sure they have flogged some pretty low quality teams thus far, but you can only beat who you play.

Fiji have the most points scored.

Whilst NZ should win, the Kidwell factor gives Fiji a chance.

stormbati

Bench
Thing is no one really knows just how good Fiji really are. I like to think if the NZ played Fiji's opposition the scores would be similar so maybe Fiji are a lot closer than we think.
May be wishful thinking but the more I think about it the more I think Fiji can pull it off.

Krzzystuff

Juniors
Really would love to see Fiji win, only one to vote for them lol. But I think that NZ will be hurting and will look to bounce back with a statement. Haven't seen a Fiji game this tournament as they aren't playing for best opposition for me to watch it after I know the scores like Tonga vs Samoa and NZ so I don't know how strong they actually are, after Tonga I think Fiji have every right to think they can cause another upset. Will be watching this game for sure.

grouch

First Grade
Fiji have looked well-coached and play to their strengths - the edges. If they had a middle third anywhere near as strong as Tonga's I'd give them a great hope in this one. Kiwis by 18

Evil Homer

Staff member
Can't we get some different commentators for these Fiji matches? Sick of hearing about Kevin 'Nine-gama'.

Dakink

Bench
Come on Fiji!!

Of all the smaller pacific nations for me they have the most promise to be consistently competitive.

Iafeta

Referee
Well there have been several failed attempts to get a Wellington NRL team. I think this proves sadly that they couldn't be sustainable on crowd support if this is their roll up for a Kiwis test match World Cup quarter final.

Latest posts