What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC - QF3 - TON 24-22 LBN @ Christchurch

QF Result: TON v lebanese

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wibble

Bench
What a great game.

With no disrespect intended, I'm not convinced the Tigers, Titans or Knights would have performed as well as the Cedars. Which shows the potential some of those players have.

Tonga just did enough, definitely need better finishes to their sets. Their kicking was pretty poor.
They look good with offloads and quick play the balls.

Lebanon tackled their hearts out, and scored some of the best tries of the tournament. A few more experienced players and they'd have made the semis.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Brilliant game. Lebanon had no right to get that close and in the end they were very unlucky not to get the win.

Tonga need to think about their tactics, especially the spine. England may be limited in some areas but Graham, Burgess, Whitehead etc will have no fears if Tonga just want to attempt bash and barge for 80 minutes.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I've never seen Tim Mannah play that good ever in his career and probably one of the best 79 minutes of rugby league Mitchell Moses has ever played.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Doueihi is a very good young player......

He will do big things......

My tip is Cody Walker to go for more money elsewhere and Souths to keep Doueihi...

Jim from Oz

Juniors
Fantastic match, could barely watch at the end, great effort by Lebanon, they were the better side!! Loving this amazing RLWC !!!

Raiderdave

First Grade
Tonga thinking about Auckland & England next week id say
they were a level or 2 below last week
Full credit to Lebanon , the surprise packet of the tournament along side Ireland

Vee

First Grade
Excellent tactics from Fittler and Lebanon, constantly switching play to test Tonga’s lateral movement in defence.

The Partisan

Great effort by Lebanon who I do think got some tough calls ....but also made a few bad decisions themselves in the last few minutes. Do truly hope that they leverage from this campaign and get the game to a suitable level back in Lebanon so come 2037 we are watching boys from the Beirut based competition playing for their country.

Latest posts