What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 SG Ball / Harold Matts Junior Rep News

KAB

Juniors
If true

Are Easts still running their U18s and U16s ?
Yes they are, apparently playing in the away strip (white jersey) but that could be talk. Ourimbah magpies said the coast won against the Roosters but like someone else has said the have a few players training in the 20's. wait till next year when the 20s go back to state comp run by NSW RL.

kbw

Bench
I have heard the central coast centurions are no longer they have changed their name to the Central Coast Roosters. is this true. Would it be time for the CRL to off load the Central Coast side and sort out the bush footy, are they keeping people in jobs that are doing damage to the game to better themselves.

I think you are wrong, (and hope so) but regardless you crap about people looking after themselves is absolute rubbish. The Roosters provide funding and a pathway for the CC local kids. There are several in the Roosters U20s.

KAB

Juniors
I think you are wrong, (and hope so) but regardless you crap about people looking after themselves is absolute rubbish. The Roosters provide funding and a pathway for the CC local kids. There are several in the Roosters U20s.
Time will tell, I'm aware that the amount of boys that have gone through the Roosters pathway via the Centurions and credit to those boys and the coaching staff. I'm also very aware of the funding that is provided by the Roosters. sorry to offend you regarding to better themselves.
I have been a great supporter of the CC competitions and players and know the wealth of talent that is on the is coast. I'm a supporter, go the coast. In total I believe that there is 5 players that have played for the coast playing NRL, 3 played matts and ball, 2 played matts. Out of a squad that played in 2015 or 14. 8 or ten players are playing or played 20's.

kbw

Bench
the main reason I hope its not true is despite the funding the CC needs to keep its identity.
I wasn't offended regarding, would be a lot more offended if thats happening, in that I see enough people around the place that "do it for the kids" that are doing it for themselves

Tigers1986

Juniors
How'd you get that?

Back on with pools, you could structure it based on the previous seasons' finishing position. That means, for example, teams 1, 18, 3, 16, 5, 14, 7, 12, 9 form one pool, the others form the second pool.

How'd you get that?

Back on with pools, you could structure it based on the previous seasons' finishing position. That means, for example, teams 1, 18, 3, 16, 5, 14, 7, 12, 9 form one pool, the others form the second pool.

From Club management sent it to me tonight., Apparently there has been a lot of changes with a few clubs not happy with previous draws but so far all indications are this will be the final draw,

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Question. has the u18 always been a shortened season or was there a point when it was a full season format?

What happens to the players after the SG ball season,do most filter back to district competitions or.would many continue the season into U20?

rightleftin

Juniors
Question. has the u18 always been a shortened season or was there a point when it was a full season format?

What happens to the players after the SG ball season,do most filter back to district competitions or.would many continue the season into U20?

In at least one season in the 1990's SG Ball ran for the whole season.

Most SG Ball players go back to local age comps but some are added to the U20's squads or Sydney Shield squads.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Yep Central Coast Roosters now and yes the Sydney Roosters still have their own sides.

Don't get that tbh and don't see what it really does foe the coast? they had a unique moniker that was associated with the rep teams on thr coast but now are duplicating the roosters name while they still play in the comp?! if it were the case that easts merged their under age program with the coast to form a single team based on the CC then I would support it but otherwise it's a bit silly.

Don't get that tbh and don't see what it really does foe the coast? they had a unique moniker that was associated with the rep teams on thr coast but now are duplicating the roosters name while they still play in the comp?! if it were the case that easts merged their under age program with the coast to form a single team based on the CC then I would support it but otherwise it's a bit silly.
CC_Roosters you could sue them for breach of copyright lol. The Roosters are putting in a fair bit of money so maybe they want a return on their investment.

MyRoots

Juniors
Coast do have some boys again included in there matts and ball squads that are there for reasons unbeknown..
Aaron Cummins in matts is very good, Ryan Dowman playing a year up in ball also very good..

This Saturday the Central Coast play South Sydney at Erskinville oval while the Newcastle Knights take on Manly in Toronto also on Saturday.
I know that the Coast side will be taken down to 30 players and that the Knights will also be cutting around 13 players.
Both squads are also resting between 8-10 players this weekend.