What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 SG Ball / Harold Matts Junior Rep News

ALX25

Juniors
Agreed, players health comes first. But, could the games have gone ahead during the week or still extreme weather?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Nah, expecting juniors (particularly the 16s) to have such a short turnaround isn't a good idea.

siv

First Grade
Will round 1 be played at a later date ?

Or do we now have a 8 round juniors comp ?

T-Boon

Coach
Will round 1 be played at a later date ?

Or do we now have a 8 round juniors comp ?

It should be a 4 or 5 round comp anyway - they play too many games in general and too many with the other elite players specifically. They would be better off playing one game a week in regular competition with the wider jnr competition.

Timmah

Staff member
Eight round comp - R1 simply scrubbed out as per the link posted previously.

Teams are in for Round 2 across all grades

Hatchy

Juniors
Hopefully we get round 1 of the junior reps under way this weekend.
Have watched a few Harold Matt trial games so far, I definitely think Canterbury, Manly, Parramatta and Newcastle will be up there. But I think Illawarra are the dark horses for a top 4 spot. Good luck to all teams.

Have watched a few Harold Matt trial games so far, I definitely think Canterbury, Manly, Parramatta and Newcastle will be up there. But I think Illawarra are the dark horses for a top 4 spot. Good luck to all teams.

Id throw in the Sharks as well.

But a lot depends on the draw. 16 teams and only 8 games.

Family Guy

Juniors
I agree Illawarra may be the dark horse. Unfortunately they lost their gun 1/2 through injury. He will be missed dearly. They have 2 aggresive Fijian centres from down south coast area. And yes the luck of an easy draw may mean not the best 4 teams make the semis.

Hatchy

Juniors
I agree Illawarra may be the dark horse. Unfortunately they lost their gun 1/2 through injury. He will be missed dearly. They have 2 aggresive Fijian centres from down south coast area. And yes the luck of an easy draw may mean not the best 4 teams make the semis.
Yes, we have lost our gun half back for the season and we have 2 very good centres, but now we start with 2 of the possibly best teams in the comp with Canterbury followed by Parramatta so I don't think we have an easy draw

Timmah

Staff member
Matts so far (Raiders v Knights to play at 4:30pm)
Manly 54 Souths 8
Norths & Balmain 22-all
Eels 20 St George 18
Steelers 18 Bulldogs 16
Sharks 32 Easts 18
Penrith 32 WSAS 10
CC Roosters 36 Wests 22

Timmah

Staff member
SG Ball so far - Perth/Wests about to kickoff and Raiders v Knights at 3pm

Balmain 56 Norths 12
Eels 40 Saints 26
Souths 24 Manly 22
Sharks 36 Easts 14
Bulldogs 30 Steelers 28

Penrith lead WSAS 32-4 early 2nd half.

Timmah

Staff member
Tarsha Gale Cup results

Sharks 38 Syd Indig 0
Souths 56 Wests Tigers 16
Steelers 26 Bulldogs 22

Raiders & Panthers postponed to midweek after Penrith's bus broke down.

Latest posts