What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 What a year in Tigertown

super_coach

First Grade
During the off season I was quietly confident we were in for a good year...How wrong can you be. We have had one set back after another

1..Lovett caught with white stuff
2..Simona bombshell
3-Taylors axeing
4--the defection of the three egos and all the crap that went with it
5--the continuous flak from the press
6-Idris probably plays his last game in our colours.

All the above and we are not half way through the year. Of course we have had one positive...Cleary

The joys of being addicted to the Tigers

Clifferd

Coach
The first 6 weeks (well except for round 1) looked like some of the darkest days in WT history.

How much has it changed the last 4 weeks though into a more positive future

I'd say the positives far outweigh the negatives. Except I would like to still see simona running around, through no fault of his own of course

stryker

First Grade
We had to go through that crap to free up tonnes of cash to start over. Hard yakka but itll be worth it.

Das Hassler

Bench
There are no negatives now above and beyond what any club has...14 other sides wont have tedesco..coach seems to tick everyone's boxes and the bus has been serviced ...washed and polished. Time at last to enjoy a ride without the bumps

BuffaloRules

Coach
I admire the optimism of some of you blokes but this has been the most disappointing year I ran recall post the merger...

My interest in the NRL completion in 2017 is probably at an all time low since Super League days....

Well, not much any of us can do I guess but hope for better days...

Still hoping that there are a couple of big name signings to come because there are still some holes in the starting 17 for next year...

Tiger05

First Grade
I admire the optimism of some of you blokes but this has been the most disappointing year I ran recall post the merger...

My interest in the NRL completion in 2017 is probably at an all time low since Super League days....

Well, not much any of us can do I guess but hope for better days...

Still hoping that there are a couple of big name signings to come because there are still some holes in the starting 17 for next year...

I agree with you. The traitors leaving and the way they've handled themselves pisses me off whenever I see them run on the field. The sooner they are gone the better.

The other stuff that happened doesn't bother me much but I'd like Simona to be in the team.

I reckon with a good coach like Cleary and if things went our way (Simona wasn't a moron, Idris didn't get injured & the 3 merkins weren't such merkins) we could have had a good year. I reckon this is a waste of a season. I feel though the club really stuffed up giving Taylor a coaching job. He just wasn't up to it. He has handled himself well since he has been sacked and maybe he will learn from the experience and develop into a quality coach but he was f**ken hopeless.

axl rose

Bench
Maybe its just the year we had to have. Surprisingly positive about the next few years.With captain cancer gone and some decent forwards headed our way. We wont be winning the comp, but will be a competitive unit.