What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018/19 Coach Hirings/Firings + Interviews

Eelectrica

Referee
I think I'm on board with Flores to Miami. Gotta be given time though and expect some pain for a couple of years at least., this team ain't going to be rebuilt in a day.

Yeah I saw this mentioned during the Rams game on the weekend. At first I was surprised at the news being talked up during the playoffs when the Rams are right in the thick of it... then quickly pulled myself up. The National Rugby League anyone??

Hope the Bengals can sort this out quick smart. I've seen loads of other teams have quickly sewn up new head coaches, so a bit concerned ours is still vacant.

kurt faulk

Coach
Yeah I saw this mentioned during the Rams game on the weekend. At first I was surprised at the news being talked up during the playoffs when the Rams are right in the thick of it... then quickly pulled myself up. The National Rugby League anyone??

Hope the Bengals can sort this out quick smart. I've seen loads of other teams have quickly sewn up new head coaches, so a bit concerned ours is still vacant.

They were allowed to interview him because the rams had a bye week.

nick87

Coach
So seems like the jobs are filled

Bengals waiting out for rams for Taylor and Dolphins waiting out the Pats for Flores

nick87

Coach
Press will probably follow him to Cinci.
I hope not, we'll be able to block him if we want... the article recently gave me the feel that maybe they want to continue to carve their own path, but yeah... it's a concern.
IF he leaves, the eagles 100% have to bring back DeFilippo

zombie jesus

Staff member
Nooooooooooooooooo

This sucks.
Seems like Sarrett is a good replacement. Did some reading up and he took over OL duties second half of 2014 with good results and only missed out on the job because Munchak became available, been apprenticing since then. Safe to say there'll be continuity at least, that's one of the position groups that doesn't need tinkering with.

Frederick

Staff member
Seems like Sarrett is a good replacement. Did some reading up and he took over OL duties second half of 2014 with good results and only missed out on the job because Munchak became available, been apprenticing since then. Safe to say there'll be continuity at least, that's one of the position groups that doesn't need tinkering with.
That's good, although munch leaving means there's gonna be another strong O-line out there for us to struggle against

Eelectrica

Referee
Brian Flores now officially named Dolphins HC
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...s-announce-hire-of-brian-flores-as-head-coach

I'm actually excited for this hire now. I was sceptical, but seeing that Defense stop the Rams for an entire game and the Chiefs for a half, the bloke knows his stuff.

I'm not expecting instant results at all. I think Miami needs to give him a fews years at least.

Seeking instant results has got the Dolphins into the mess they're in today. Lets have a HC for 5 years at least and see where we are then.

Although 3 consectutive 1-15 or 2-14 seasons probably would be cause to move on after 3, but I don't think that will happen.