What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Broncos NRL Matches Discussion

Nerd

Bench
Well that was depressing. Far too many unforced errors made the Dragons look like world beaters. I know the centres is a hard place to defend but Kahu looked lost out there tonight. Lodge went ok but looks to be 3-4 games short of NRL pace but that will come. Not many positives out of tonights game but Pangais offloads were a good sign of things to work on. Sims was very quiet but is probably still a bit tentative coming back from a broken arm.

gUt

Coach
Good to see the dragons fans jumping back on the bandwagon:
28795195_1671128169638186_8484894656386441267_n.jpg

renouf

Juniors
Could be a long year... never ceases to amaze me how many yards opposition teams can make against us

Showtime

Juniors
I know it's only the first round but it's hard to get excited about this list of players. At this stage I honestly believe top 8 is only an outside chance.

Negatives
- Thaiday is so far past his best it's not funny, he is a deadset liability now.
- Sims is trash, he always has been.
- I can't help but think Glenn wouldn't get a start at any decent team. Parks himself on an edge and makes stuff all metres. One dimensional player.
- Nikorima is an impact bench player and shouldn't be anywhere near a starting line up. Doesn't possess the ability to direct a team and isn't big enough to play hooker.
- We give Roberts stuff all ball.

Positives
- Pangai Jr is a talent
- Character aside at least Lodge went forward.

Watching the Cowboys game and now the Roosters.... Theyve both got massive skilful forward packs. Scott, McLean, Cooper, Lowe and Taumalolo will have fun next week.

I forgot to mention our $800,000 man Milford.

Nerd

Bench
Yes agree on Thaiday. Gave some really ordinary service from dummy half and looks to be playing well past his prime. Same with Glenn really struggles to have an impact in attack or defence.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Yes agree on Thaiday. Gave some really ordinary service from dummy half and looks to be playing well past his prime. Same with Glenn really struggles to have an impact in attack or defence.

Speaking of past their prime. Your coach ahem....

Thought u guys were good. Plenty of upside as well.

Andrew Gee must be so proud that all his ground work in laying the (carpet) foundation has been exexuted so well to the point where this talent coaches itself....

Nerd

Bench
For the first time in a long time I'm not confident of beating the Cows. Surely we can be better than last week because if we're not they will put 50 on us.

gUt

Coach
How good was that?! Has to be admitted that Morgan was a big loss for them, but f**k that we just outplayed them. Thurston is a freak.

McCullough, Pangai Jr, Lodge and Milford were our best but everyone put in and came up with one our best team efforts for a long time.

There will probably be a hangover from this but it shows they can lift for the big games.

blaza88z

Coach
We should've won by a lot more, Darius needs to lift.. that Nikorima try that he bombed would've really silenced a few critics in regard to our halves

Nerd

Bench
That was a pleasant surprise. The effort shown tonight was just outstanding especially the forwards. Pangai actually ran through Matt Scott for his try. Darius looks to be still struggling with his fitness and was definitely below his best. Lodge was solid tonight and as his match fitness builds up to NRL standard it's starting to look like a decent front row in the making. For mine Pangai was the best player tonight and was the difference between winning and losing.

Nerd

Bench
Way too much dropped ball from unforced errors just like in the Dragons game. The Tits were hitting hard with their shoulders and we looked not interested. Don't know whats going on with Roberts, misses training with a non footy related matter then has an absolute shocker in defence. Considering the amount of dropped ball on the first tackle I thought both Milford and Nikorima went ok except for their kicking game which was ordinary as usual.

renouf

Juniors
missing Blair and obviously Hunt, recruitment has really gone backwards. Tired of watching ex players at other clubs. Not sure what Bennett is doing?

Showtime

Juniors
Considering we could've potentially had a halves pair of Taylor and Norman, this is horrible viewing.

The Titans had Wallace, Taylor and Arrow run out for them and we had Thaiday, Nikorima and Lodge. That's disgraceful recruitment not to mention we have big money tied up in two centres who need decent halves to put them in holes.

Milford just has nothing upstairs and doesn't have it in him to steer a team around and Nikorima is a bench player at best.

If Boyd isn't injured then he looks to be on his last legs at an early age although I find it hard to believe that he's not injured.

I'd be throwing the cheque book at Green.

renouf

Juniors
Boyd does look past it...
Norman isn't that good, he often does nothing at Parramatta.

I know players go to other clubs for the money but something tells me a lot of these ex players don't want to play under Bennett.