What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Forward Pack

Overseas dragon

Juniors
The bench should be something like this.
14 au may
15 all good. Or Kerr or lawrie
16 leilua or host
17 seles and hopefully not a back in sight .please mister Mcgregor don't waste approximately 8 hr's and 20 minutes like you did last season getting splinters .......:grin::grin:........

Last edited:

The Friz

Juniors
There's not a lot of upside to 4 forwards on the bench if one of them can't play dummy half or fill a backline position if required.
IMO a bench utility is a must as none of our forwards are genuinely able to fill any other positions if injury occur to McInnes a half or outside back/fullback.
Either Field, Duffy or Mann needs to be on the pine depending on who gets the fullback and centre spots.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
This 100%
LAM gives it all, bends the line on most runs, and last year had a 94% tackle efficiency from 593 tackles and averaged 119m per game.
JDB 93% AND 146
Friz 92% and 108
Sims 91% and 109
I don't see any of these names being bandied about as weak links.
LAM does his job without fuss and fanfare and is the perfect bench forward.

By comparison: just a few
Josh Maguire (Broncos) - 89% and 146
Jesse Bromich (Storm) - 91% and 126
NAS (Storm) - 90% and 83
Dylan Napa - 87% and 98
Angus Crichton - 90% and 121

LAM is the least of our worries.

Well put Dragonslayer.
Also the player seem to love him.
He quiet guy but well repected

TruSaint

Referee
This 100%
LAM gives it all, bends the line on most runs, and last year had a 94% tackle efficiency from 593 tackles and averaged 119m per game.
JDB 93% AND 146
Friz 92% and 108
Sims 91% and 109
I don't see any of these names being bandied about as weak links.
LAM does his job without fuss and fanfare and is the perfect bench forward.

By comparison: just a few
Josh Maguire (Broncos) - 89% and 146
Jesse Bromich (Storm) - 91% and 126
NAS (Storm) - 90% and 83
Dylan Napa - 87% and 98
Angus Crichton - 90% and 121

LAM is the least of our worries.

GReat post...
always the unsung hero is our LAM.

Pumps those legs, as you say bends the line and tackles his heart out.

A keeper.
Love his humble nature which is the opposite to his on field fire.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
GReat post...
always the unsung hero is our LAM.

Pumps those legs, as you say bends the line and tackles his heart out.

A keeper.
Love his humble nature which is the opposite to his on field fire.

Thanks.
Just because one is quiet and unassuming doesn't make him a lesser of a player than the others.

Some other stats that are also interesting that support his value to our team are tackle breaks and post contact metres and remember he's a bench prop.
LAM - 58 TB and 1065 PCM
Maguire - 26 and 1372
Bromwich - 33 and 999
NAS - 70 and 811
Napa - 19 and 708
Tolman - 15 and 1011
Klemmer - 40 and 1516
JDB - 64 and 972
Sims - 53 and 924
Vaughan - 54 and 1334

So, LAM had more tackle breaks than all but 2 including more than Vaughan and only Maguire, Klemmer and Vaughan have more pcm's.

TruSaint

Referee
Thanks.
Just because one is quiet and unassuming doesn't make him a lesser of a player than the others.

Some other stats that are also interesting that support his value to our team are tackle breaks and post contact metres and remember he's a bench prop.
LAM - 58 TB and 1065 PCM
Maguire - 26 and 1372
Bromwich - 33 and 999
NAS - 70 and 811
Napa - 19 and 708
Tolman - 15 and 1011
Klemmer - 40 and 1516
JDB - 64 and 972
Sims - 53 and 924
Vaughan - 54 and 1334

So, LAM had more tackle breaks than all but 2 including more than Vaughan and only Maguire, Klemmer and Vaughan have more pcm's.

Yeah, impressive stuff.
Like i said, a keeper.

slippery5

Juniors
I don't think he's saying that at all but merely trying to refute claims by yourself and others that Ah Mau is a bit of a useless plodder that should be replaced by some untested, inexperienced young'n just for the sake of it. That would undo all time and hard work Leeson and the coaches have put in for the last six years. 2017 was arguably Ah Mau's best so far and he's just turned 28, the age at which a lot of props come into their own and all that experience, hard work and learning begins to pay off. The proof's in the pudding though and I guarantee Ah Mau will be the first picked on the bench every week of 2018 and deservedly so.
Fair point, although I thought he was better in 2016 & fell off a little last year, maybe due to the inclusion of Vaughan ahead of him. My opinion he hasn't got much variety in his game, but that could be due to the game plan from you know who, I wonder what a coach like Bellamy would do if he had Kerr, Lawrie, or bringing on Leilua for a stint.

Last edited:

kit66

Bench
Thanks.

LAM - 58 TB and 1065 PCM
Maguire - 26 and 1372
Bromwich - 33 and 999
NAS - 70 and 811
Napa - 19 and 708
Tolman - 15 and 1011
Klemmer - 40 and 1516
JDB - 64 and 972
Sims - 53 and 924
Vaughan - 54 and 1334

The more of his stats I see the more impressed I am. He's also better than any on that list when it comes to Missed Tackles (12 ), Errors ( 4 ) and Penalties conceded ( 4 ) - ( except Napa conceded 1 less penalty - 3 but missed 53 tackles ).

Ah Mau is 11th in metres gained but played a lot less minutes than those above and below him, for example all the following players played 120 or more minutes more than Leeson ( 1009 ) but made less metres ; Tamou, S.Burgess, J.Bromwhich, A.Tolman and our own T. Sims. Which means his work rate is immense.
The man's a superhero or a Saint take your pick but we'll have no more of this Ah Mau is average malarky.

getsmarty

Immortal
The more of his stats I see the more impressed I am. He's also better than any on that list when it comes to Missed Tackles (12 ), Errors ( 4 ) and Penalties conceded ( 4 ) - ( except Napa conceded 1 less penalty - 3 but missed 53 tackles ).

Ah Mau is 11th in metres gained but played a lot less minutes than those above and below him, for example all the following players played 120 or more minutes more than Leeson ( 1009 ) but made less metres ; Tamou, S.Burgess, J.Bromwhich, A.Tolman and our own T. Sims. Which means his work rate is immense.
The man's a superhero or a Saint take your pick but we'll have no more of this Ah Mau is average malarky.

Agree...Goes about his work in tradesman like fashion...Unsung Hero...Every team needs a player Like LAM to be competitive...Glad he is ours.

possm

Coach

Every team needs a workhorse and Ah Mau is the Dragons workhorse. I doubt that we will replace him over the next few years, providing he wants to stay and is not asking too much.

Latest posts