What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 ICC World Cup Qualifiers

undertaker

Coach
Just thought I would start a thread on this, as I haven't see it anywhere else on the forum.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/series/1132997.html

Has anyone here been keeping an eye on the qualifying tournament in Zimbabwe? Been a few close games so far. Hong Kong pulled off an upset to beat Afghanistan, leaving their WCQ hopes in tatters. Scotland has been the surprise package, remaining undefeated so far. A shame only 2 teams from this tournament can go through to next year's World Cup.

TheParraboy

Staff member
this bloke Rovman Powell scores a ton against Ireland and celebrates like he scored his 100th 100

Bazal

Post Whore
Windies get 8/197. Bit of a slow track, and the Afghan batting hasn't been good....need a patient approach to the chase

TheParraboy

Staff member
LOL WInides

Afghanistan got them in the 1st match of the super Sixers stage

(I’ll move this thread into the international game day thread shortly)

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Zimbabwe v Ireland

Zimbabwe 6/139. Pitch looks dry. A few fatties in the irish side, Stirling I'm looking at you.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Ireland beat Scotland.
Very tight at the top. Crucial game will be Zim v WI today - if Zimbabwe win they pretty much guarantee themselves a spot. If they lose it makes it even tighter at the top.

Afghanistan still need a miracle.

TheParraboy

Staff member
World cup being in England, kinda want Scotland or Ireland to make it

mainly to piss off the poms, but maybe they would go alright as well

I don't know why, but if WI make it hope they get destroyed in every match they play

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
WI in a tight one putting them at the top of the table again.
4 games to go over the next 4 days.
AFG v UAE
SCO V WI
ZIM V UAE
AFG V IRE

All but UAE still with a chance. If WI win they sew up a spot. The rest is still too tight to call and it may get down to net run rate.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Although I believe their should be at least 12 teams playing in the WC, having traditional cricket playing nations like the Windies playing off for a spot adds something and should be extended so that only the top 6 sides are guaranteed a position and the rest have to fight it out with the 'minnows'.

Bazal

Post Whore
Although I believe their should be at least 12 teams playing in the WC, having traditional cricket playing nations like the Windies playing off for a spot adds something and should be extended so that only the top 6 sides are guaranteed a position and the rest have to fight it out with the 'minnows'.

No problems with the qualifiers. Imo just make it part of the world cup, like an extra round immediately in the lead up. Give the sides a taste of the big stage

Ten teams is a pathetic world cup though.

Blade23

Juniors
World cup being in England, kinda want Scotland or Ireland to make it

mainly to piss off the poms, but maybe they would go alright as well

I'd would like one of those teams to make it. If one does they will probably go further than the poms who I think will crash with the home expectations on them.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Afghanistan beat UAE which gives them a sniff if everyone else falters.

Scotland v West Indies today. Windies win and they seal their spot. If Scotland win they will knock Ireland and Afghanistan and put the pressure right on Zimbabwe to win and sneak past the Windies to take the last spot.