What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommy

Coach
If true yeah, the other teams have no excuse. Souths could do this ffs...

Souths don’t do it So as to have two distinct kits, when you pair them with the same colour shorts and collar they do look very different.
If the side panels were the same colour we would have to have an away shirt that is very different.

kdalymc

Bench
Souths don’t do it So as to have two distinct kits, when you pair them with the same colour shorts and collar they do look very different.
If the side panels were the same colour we would have to have an away shirt that is very different.
Poor example...
EVERY other team then

Nuke

Staff member
Cronulla had indigenous artwork on their side panels today. It is doable.

Saint Doc

Coach
Souths WCC jersey has stripes all the way around. Not sure if they had side panels or not

photo_197901-670x430.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
I wouldn't say very different, not different enough to not cause additional clashing issues.

TheDalek079

Bench
I personally thought the Tiges/Cowbs jerseys looked awesome on Thursday night.

NQ are auctioning theirs off to raise funds for education in Indigenious communties in NQ which is an awesome initiative. I was tempted to throw some $$ down for one but I would rather not be reminded how f**king shit we are in 2018.

Roosters auctioning theirs for the Beetson Foundation

Rooster8

Juniors
I’ve watched James Graham give his match worn jersey away after the charity shield and Anzac game, yet watched as people bidded over $1000 for ‘his match worn’ online. I know they might swap jerseys at half time, but it’s still not the exact jersey buyers are bidding for.

He done the same thing again yesterday, giving the position of the dragons, wouldn’t be surprised if some people bid over $1,500-$2000 for the ‘match worn’.

kdalymc

Bench
Anyone remember when the roosters had the worse jersey in the comp ?23A55B70-6FD9-49B9-8699-CD91F0DD0ED6.jpeg

Lucky they staying away from CCC...

Pommy

Coach
Souths WCC jersey has stripes all the way around. Not sure if they had side panels or not

photo_197901-670x430.jpg

It doesn’t neither did the heritage jersey from that year. The panels on the Souths jersey are to allow for two distinct home and away kits whilst still playing in red and green ‘hoops’ in both kits.

cooko

Juniors
Wests Tigers NRL Touch Premiership men’s uniforms. The girls will play in singlets and tights.89847559-66D6-47D4-8F08-EA1A9BACC450.jpeg

Zigwaa

Bench
The side panel...been in our game for years now. Unanimously a pain in the ass to jersey nerds like us..but alas I think i have discovered a use for this uninterrupted sponsor free piece of rectangular fabric that may bring peace to the whole themed jersey debate. Why not use the side panel space for themed rounds. Weather it be local Aboriginal art, a bunch of poppies, a man in a spider suit or just a plain piece of hot pink fabric, this untapped part of the jersey may have a use after all.

Wrong. I'm a self confessed jersey nerd and I like side panels. Like most jersey elements, when done well they look great, when done poorly they look terrible.

IMO I think when they are not considered as a part of the overall design and just thrown in there for sake of it it misses the mark.

kdalymc

Bench
I respect your opinion and should have used the word "most" and not "unanimous" however, honest question and not trying to be smart ass...I'm just curious...your examples of the great ones?
I don’t think there’s ever been one?
Canberra this year? Still yuk

Zerô

Juniors
I respect your opinion and should have used the word "most" and not "unanimous" however, honest question and not trying to be smart ass...I'm just curious...your examples of the great ones?

Sharks with black side panels look better than the sky blue. Continuing hoops would be perfect but it's never going to happen

images

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts