What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

wazdog

Juniors
It doesn’t neither did the heritage jersey from that year. The panels on the Souths jersey are to allow for two distinct home and away kits whilst still playing in red and green ‘hoops’ in both kits.

Absolutely the reason. I wish they made the panels a lot thinner though. Subtle piping like the CCC template would look nice if done properly. Then white/black on the sleeves, collar and rabbit.

Will be interesting to see what the first WIL jersey will look like. Apparently they are replacing the red hoops with pink, I hope the keep the side panels green like the ANZAC strip.

greenBV4

Bench
Saw this blue tinted raiders jersey the titans put up

Chuck in some gold on the side panels and stripes and its a nice and simple but good Titans jersey

32407979_10156275060694593_1618309532142796800_o.jpg

Pommy

Coach
Absolutely the reason. I wish they made the panels a lot thinner though. Subtle piping like the CCC template would look nice if done properly. Then white/black on the sleeves, collar and rabbit.

Will be interesting to see what the first WIL jersey will look like. Apparently they are replacing the red hoops with pink, I hope the keep the side panels green like the ANZAC strip.

Is it confirmed we’re having a WIL shirt? After Marvel/DC it’s cerainly my least favourite round.

greenBV4

Bench
Utterly weak stuff from the Titans social media though. Surely they could've used something else?
thought the same.. for a second I actually thought it was a training jersey or something, then I realised it was just a poor photoshop of the raiders jersey

wazdog

Juniors
Is it confirmed we’re having a WIL shirt? After Marvel/DC it’s cerainly my least favourite round.

That's what I've heard! I'm hoping we don't have a Superman jersey this year. There's only so many ways you can integrate the logo and we've gone way over the quota.

Sharks with black side panels look better than the sky blue. Continuing hoops would be perfect but it's never going to happen

images

images
double hoops ftw

GAZF

First Grade
2 teams with black to white gradients
Yep, poor contrast. Different shorts save it.
I think the jerseys were distinct enough (ok but not great) but last night showed how much the shorts and socks can provide additional contrast. Requiring teams to have one pair of alternate shorts and socks would be a good way of ensuring that at least 2/3 items contrast with the other team.

Zigwaa

Bench
I respect your opinion and should have used the word "most" and not "unanimous" however, honest question and not trying to be smart ass...I'm just curious...your examples of the great ones?

I'm a little biased cos i support them, but i think the rabbitohs have done it well as it makes up their black home and white away differentiation.

The broncos 2005 and titans inaurgral jersey looked good with side panels, some others i can't recall.

Zerô

Juniors
I think the jerseys were distinct enough (ok but not great) but last night showed how much the shorts and socks can provide additional contrast. Requiring teams to have one pair of alternate shorts and socks would be a good way of ensuring that at least 2/3 items contrast with the other team.

Yeah they didn't clash at all, it's more of the fact it's rare for modern professional jerseys to have a colour gradient, let alone two teams playing each other, and the same two colours

greenBV4

Bench

Works for the first 3, not for the marvel one though
Like it or not the point of those jerseys is to sell them to kids/marvel fans and make money, no-one would bother forking out $$$ for a "spider-man" side panel, especially if they have already bought the home jersey

Keiran Murphy

Juniors
Works for the first 3, not for the marvel one though
Like it or not the point of those jerseys is to sell them to kids/marvel fans and make money, no-one would bother forking out $$$ for a "spider-man" side panel, especially if they have already bought the home jersey
Agreed

GAZF

First Grade
Good initiative, bad design. But you can only do so much then there's that many logos to cram in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts