What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys

callmack1

Staff member
So Souths will be wearing the red 110 year (Alternate) jersey this weekend.

Also, does anyone know what has happened to the Alcatel sponsor on our shorts? It wasn't there last week and isn't in this photo either:

Pommy

Coach
So Souths will be wearing the red 110 year (Alternate) jersey this weekend.

Also, does anyone know what has happened to the Alcatel sponsor on our shorts? It wasn't there last week and isn't in this photo either:

Guessed as much with it being a country tour jersey previously and the game being out there.

callmack1

Staff member
Are those members names on the jersey?
It hasn't been officially released yet so I'm not 100% sure (the full story will be revealed when the jersey is officially released) but I think they may be Souths players who served during the war.

Not 100% sure though.

ThingFish

Juniors
It hasn't been officially released yet so I'm not 100% sure (the full story will be revealed when the jersey is officially released) but I think they may be Souths players who served during the war.

Not 100% sure though.
Yeah a few have nicknames in brackets. If it’s members names I’m right in there, haven’t bought a jersey for a few years now, so I think it’s time to treat myself.

Back in the 90-00’s I used to complain that we very rarely changed our jersey while other clubs had some great alternatives. Now we have like freakn 4-5 jerseys a year, can’t keep up:joy::joy:

ThingFish

Juniors
A

Not 100% sure though.
Actually under the poppy it says “South Sydney Rabbitohs Armed Forces Roll of Honor” -Edit

callmack1

Staff member
A

Actually under the poppy it says “South Sydney Rabbitohs Armed Forces Roll of Honor” -Edit
Yep, so I think it may be soldiers. We'll findo ut when it's officially released.

That will be a pre order for me. Last years was a cash in with nothing to do with ANZAC day. This years is really nice. If anyone sees when pre order is up can they post in here please, I think it will sell fast.
I friggin love it bro, might get one myself! Just looks really classy and like you say, it actually has meaning and is a great tribute to those who fought for our freedom unlike last year which was cool but had no meaning.

On another note, I don't mind the shoulder panels on our regular strips but we should have done something similar to this and just had it green, looks way better imo.

Pommy

Coach
Yep, so I think it may be soldiers. We'll findo ut when it's officially released.

I friggin love it bro, might get one myself! Just looks really classy and like you say, it actually has meaning and is a great tribute to those who fought for our freedom unlike last year which was cool but had no meaning.

On another note, I don't mind the shoulder panels on our regular strips but we should have done something similar to this and just had it green, looks way better imo.

I have the 2015 one which has Redfern war memorial on it along with the titles of the two anthems. It had meaning but wasn’t a great design visually.

Rabbits20

Immortal
@callmack1 I hope our members buy this off our club and not elsewhere so the money goes to our club! Deserves to go off well!!!

I bloody hope the boys fire up in Round 8 against the Shoncos too!!

ThingFish

Juniors
I’ve always liked the trad “hooped” designs with no side panels. I don’t know if it’s the photo but the colours seem to move from the traditional cardinal and myrtle to a more poppy red and army uniform green. It really looks good.

callmack1

Staff member
What's all that small golden writing of?? Previous players or Souths veterans who fought??

I love that jersey but unfortunately I don't have spare cash for one!
Yep, I'd say it's previous Souths player who served.

I’ve always liked the trad “hooped” designs with no side panels. I don’t know if it’s the photo but the colours seem to move from the traditional cardinal and myrtle to a more poppy red and army uniform green. It really looks good.
Agreed and I really like these darker shades to give it a bit of a different look.

Pommy

Coach
Yep, I'd say it's previous Souths player who served.

Agreed and I really like these darker shades to give it a bit of a different look.

The darker shades look like an older indigenous shirt that I always see and wish I could still buy.
Think it was sponsored by Delonghi

Latest posts