What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Offseason thread

shiznit

Coach
Wouldn't know, I never answer.

Still, it beats being cynical of everything and walking around like you're clued into things that you really have no idea about (neither of us will actually ever know what really happened with 100% certainty).

Guilty until proven innocent, and even then still guilty.

Don't forgot to use more crying with laughter emoji's. Nothing strengthens an opinion like a fake display of hysterics.
:joy::joy:

Come on man... look at it logically...

This chick shot down her own credibility when she had him in exactly the position she wanted to get him in...

Do you seriously think she did it out of the goodness of her heart??

Then take in to account the fact the DA still tried to push on with it... even after she torpedoed her own evidence.

If you seriously can’t see that something is dodgy as f**k about this then your opinion can’t be taken seriously as you can’t be objective about it.

I have no horses in this race... in fact I praised the way the 9ers and Lynch have handled this...

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
:joy::joy:

Come on man... look at it logically...

This chick shot down her own credibility when she had him in exactly the position she wanted to get him in...

Do you seriously think she did it out of the goodness of her heart??

Then take in to account the fact the DA still tried to push on with it... even after she torpedoed her own evidence.

If you seriously can’t see that something is dodgy as f**k about this then your opinion can’t be taken seriously as you can’t be objective about it.

I have no horses in this race... in fact I praised the way the 9ers and Lynch have handled this...

Yeah. Video of earlier altercation, lack of injuries, priors, cops and eye witnesses not lining up with her story. Her case was foolproof. She had him right where she wanted him.

I never said that she didn't get anything out of it, I'm saying that there's more than enough evidence (or lack of) to suggest it did not go down the way it was initially claimed by her.

If she had gone through with it, taken it to trial and then lost (she would have) then she potentially faced jail for a second time for false accusations.

A settlement may have been reached to speed the process up, but that in no way equates to Foster's guilt.

I look forward to more emojis.

shiznit

Coach
Yeah. Video of earlier altercation, lack of injuries, priors, cops and eye witnesses not lining up with her story. Her case was foolproof. She had him right where she wanted him.

I never said that she didn't get anything out of it, I'm saying that there's more than enough evidence (or lack of) to suggest it did not go down the way it was initially claimed by her.

If she had gone through with it, taken it to trial and then lost (she would have) then she potentially faced jail for a second time for false accusations.

A settlement may have been reached to speed the process up, but that in no way equates to Foster's guilt.

I look forward to more emojis.
So basically now your agreeing with what I said...

I never said it happened exactly the way she said it... I also said she was a nutbag.

What I did say was that she obviously got paid out... which is what you initially resented... but you have now acknowledged more than likely happened.

Something happened here... it was enough to cause the DA to push this...

The fact the victim just randomly( :rolling_eyes: ) decided to torpedo her own credibility before this millionaire lost millions of dollars points to the fact something happened.

I think the 9ers dealt with it as best they could...

On monday morning Foster will get to carry on with his career... and no doubt the victim will be driving around in a new car... and Malki Kawa gets to go back to putting out Jon Jones’ fires...

It all worked out...

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I never said it was likely to have happened at all.

I said it was a possibility that couldn't be ruled out. The reason I said that was because I wasn't directly involved, I don't have the evidence in front of me therefore cannot claim it as a fact.

For all you know she realised that with all the evidence not in her favour she didn't want to risk another potential jail term.

For all the talk of me having 9ers goggles or objectivity, I'm the only one of us willing to look at multiple possibilities outside "this is my opinion, therefore it happened".

nick87

Coach
Hasn't the woman tried this before? They're both dodgy as f**k.

Yeah im with Kurt here.

This issue isnt really what it's about, there is enough going on here for me to say i have no idea what happened and what didn't and im not going to say Foster is some DV'er because of this, the charges were dismissed, the women has admitted to making it all up and there is video of her being involved in a fight days prior with another women... she's nuts... but this whole situation is indicative of a man who just some how always has drama going on in his life and im just willing to bet this wont the last of it.

Haffa

0521-terrance-howard-mug-shot-2.jpg

http://amp.tmz.com/2018/05/24/terrance-williams-crashed-car-photos?__twitter_impression=true

shiznit

Coach
Martavis Bryant facing another suspension?

Pretty bad if true... considering the Raiders gave up a 3rd for him and he’s in his last season of his contract.

If he’s suspended for the season before the start of the new season does that mean he’s effectively a free agent??

Reggie is looking pretty bad here.

shiznit

Coach
His contract will roll over I think, that's what happened with his 1-year suspension.
A lot of Raiders fans getting pissed off with the Steelers saying they knew he was likely to be charged when they traded him...

I listened to Greg Papa who runs a morning show in the Bay Area and he said there’s no way the Steelers would have done that as Gruden and Tomlin are very good friends.

kurt faulk

Coach
Pretty bad if true... considering the Raiders gave up a 3rd for him and he’s in his last season of his contract.

If he’s suspended for the season before the start of the new season does that mean he’s effectively a free agent??

Reggie is looking pretty bad here.

I thought gruden had taken over acquisitions.

shiznit

Coach
I thought gruden had taken over acquisitions.

For the amount of money he’s getting paid you would think so...

I think Gruden probably has the final and most important say... but you’d think Reggie will be in charge of clearing up any red flags before any trades are made.

To be fair... Reggie went out on a limb and drafted Gareon Conley when he had that rape charge hanging over him... that seemed to work out... as far as the charges go anyway....

Mind you... he did also give a contract extension to Aldon Smith... SMH

zombie jesus

Staff member
A lot of Raiders fans getting pissed off with the Steelers saying they knew he was likely to be charged when they traded him...

I listened to Greg Papa who runs a morning show in the Bay Area and he said there’s no way the Steelers would have done that as Gruden and Tomlin are very good friends.
No way they knew. If they did they would have shipped him for less, much earlier, not waited until the draft, even then I don't think it's the kind of move the Steelers would pull on anybody. I would have sent him away for a 4th or 5th months ago just based on the risk he presented, if I could see the risk then the Raiders certainly could.

shiznit

Coach
No way they knew. If they did they would have shipped him for less, much earlier, not waited until the draft, even then I don't think it's the kind of move the Steelers would pull on anybody. I would have sent him away for a 4th or 5th months ago just based on the risk he presented, if I could see the risk then the Raiders certainly could.
Yeah i didn’t think they would do that... the Rooney’s aren’t the type of people that would do that.

I DO however think that it was something Al Davis would have done... :joy::joy:

kurt faulk

Coach

yes, the rams extend cooks for 5 years. that means the whole gang will be together for at least another 3 seasons. good times.

5 years for $81m. including this season that works out to be 6 years for $89m. an average of $14.8m per year. good for both sides.

Latest posts