What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Offseason thread

Haffa

Can you blame him? Even now he’s suspicious of Captains Bomes and the BucWildBoyz. :joy:

shiznit

Coach

suh has cancelled his visit to the raiders. he's seen enough. if he's all about winning now the decision would have to be between the rams and the saints, two bonafide playoff teams that could go all the way to win the championship.

Yup.... as I thought... :joy::joy:

I got excited when I heard he was coming to visit... and then it came out that he was still in LA negotiating with the Rams and the news of his upcoming visit to the Raiders came out while he was in negotiation with them...

I’d love to have him... and he would elevate our team... but we just seriously don’t have the cap space to fit what he wants.

Not until we know what Mack is getting.

And Mckenzie is notorious for not liking to backload guarantees on contracts as when he took over we were crippled with dead money.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade

suh has cancelled his visit to the raiders. he's seen enough. if he's all about winning now the decision would have to be between the rams and the saints, two bonafide playoff teams that could go all the way to win the championship.

Rams won’t even get out of their division next season

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Who's gonna stop them, Jimmy G? Haha.

jimmy.jpeg

shiznit

Coach
Marshawn Lynch restructures contract to stay with the Raiders.

Source: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-likely-solidifying-a-spot-on-raiders-roster/

shiznit and other Raiders fans, you may want to have a read of this opinion piece and see whether you agree or not - https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-gruden-create-more-questions-than-solutions/
Yeah he did that a yesterday I think... it saves about a mill I think...

As for the article... theres a heap of articles like that bashing Gruden since he effectively said he was wanting to step back a little bit on the analytics... which has offended a heap of analytics dorks.

I don’t mind what Gruden and Reggie have done... I think at the end of the day we just don’t have the money to make a splashy FA signing to turn the defence... we need to get Khalil Mack signed first and foremost....

Drafting well will be the key for us...

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I'm hoping the 9ers go for a defensive draft too. Kyle/Jimmy can score points, not concerned about that, but still lacking a pass rush, CB depth is non-existent, and Foster could miss a large chunk of the season so an LB wouldn't hurt either.

I'm hoping the 9ers go for a defensive draft too. Kyle/Jimmy can score points, not concerned about that, but still lacking a pass rush, CB depth is non-existent, and Foster could miss a large chunk of the season so an LB wouldn't hurt either.

Yeah secondary is poor for the us 49ers, LB could use reinforcements, but so could the o-line too. Our offensive linemen are not the greatest. Ask Ben Rothlisberger and/or Andrew Luck what its like when your o-line can't keep the defenders off you due to poor blocking.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Yeah secondary is poor for the us 49ers, LB could use reinforcements, but so could the o-line too. Our offensive linemen are not the greatest. Ask Ben Rothlisberger and/or Andrew Luck what its like when your o-line can't keep the defenders off you due to poor blocking.

Our guards are horrible. The rest is good. Fortunately this is a very deep guard draft so I have no doubt we will pick up at least one capable of competing if not starting straight away.

Deep LB class too.

Edge is thin, CB decent but not as good as in previous years so have to take those guys while you can get them this year.

JPP traded to Bucs. Good pick-up

Yeah the Bucs landed him by giving theGiants their 3rd Round pick (pick 69 overall) and agreeing to swap their 4th round picks. Source: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...rs-in-blockbuster-trade-that-shakes-up-draft/

Wonder if that means the Giants are looking to draft Bradley Chubb then at pick #2?

In other news -

Frank Gore reportedly has signed 1 yearedal with the Miami Dolphins (Source: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...y-signs-one-year-deal-with-hometown-dolphins/),

Philadelphia Eagles reportedly have signed Mike Wallace on a 1 year deal (Source: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-wide-receiver-mike-wallace-to-one-year-deal/)

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Giants could trade back to 5 with Denver and still get Chubb or if the Browns are feeling really keen they could swap their 4th to take a QB and Barkley 1 and 2.

It's not like the Browns are short on picks to make that move.

Zigwaa

Bench
The Browns would have to be pretty worried to move up to 2 for Barkley. He'll most likely still be there at 4 for them to pick.

shiznit

Coach
Giants could trade back to 5 with Denver and still get Chubb or if the Browns are feeling really keen they could swap their 4th to take a QB and Barkley 1 and 2.

It's not like the Browns are short on picks to make that move.
Interesting to hear Mike Lombardi talk about the Giants...

He’s absolutely sure that if they stay at #2 and the Browns go with a QB... they will take Chubb over Barkley.

He said he knows that organisation and he knows how they think and they would definitely have Chubb ranked higher than Barkley...

kurt faulk

Coach
Interesting to hear Mike Lombardi talk about the Giants...

He’s absolutely sure that if they stay at #2 and the Browns go with a QB... they will take Chubb over Barkley.

He said he knows that organisation and he knows how they think and they would definitely have Chubb ranked higher than Barkley...

He knows absolutely nothing.