What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Offseason thread

Haffa

He’s been cut. He was always a stretch to make the squad with the depth at CB.

Torrey Smith was effectively cut now which was always going to happen.

Zigwaa

Bench
Browns to feature on Hard Knocks this year, will be interesting to watch their "rebuild". Do they still show it on 7mate?

shiznit

Coach
We just traded for Christian Hackenberg... a conditional 7th rounder.

I see a lot of people getting on Gruden about it... which I don’t understand TBH...

Sure he’s rubbish... but we gave up a conditional 7th rounder... The Jets only get the 7th rounder if he makes the final roster.

So he would need to beat out Conor Cook or EJ Manuel for one of the back up jobs and it would cost us a 7th. That’s okay to me IMO...

Gruden see’s something in him so if he wants to take a good look at him then that’s okay.

nick87

Coach
Na im one of the guys who is on Gruden about this
Fine, fine, a conditional 7th is nothing, but this is Hackenberg, the player the Jets, THE JETS OF ALL PEOPLE! were too embarrassed to play even in a lost season, even when they wanted to lose games

If Chucky see's something in him, just f**king chill for like 2-3 months and Hack's going to get released, and you'll get him for nothing.

This Gruden thing has all the makings of a total and utter disaster

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
#FreeFoster

DV charges dropped, gun charge reduced. Will probably still sit out some games but it's all looking good so far.

nick87

Coach
Nothing about that situation sits well with me.
I wouldnt feel very comfortable with him as a cornerstone of my young ascending defense. I mean hopefully he keeps his nose clean and it's all good because on the field he's a difference maker and could be one of the best defensive players in the game, but there is a lot here that for me just doesn't pass a sniff test... I would be willing to bet there is more trouble on the horizon for Foster at some point in his career.

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
Na im one of the guys who is on Gruden about this
Fine, fine, a conditional 7th is nothing, but this is Hackenberg, the player the Jets, THE JETS OF ALL PEOPLE! were too embarrassed to play even in a lost season, even when they wanted to lose games

If Chucky see's something in him, just f**king chill for like 2-3 months and Hack's going to get released, and you'll get him for nothing.

This Gruden thing has all the makings of a total and utter disaster
I think there 2 things that triggered the trade...

#1 - Houston were interested in him. Bill O’Brien worked with him at Penn State as was a huge supporter of the kid... for Gruden the thought was that if it came down to a choice between the Texans under O’Brien with Deshawn Watson & Brandon Weedon ahead of him on the depth chart or the Raiders with Carr, Ej Manuel & Connor Cook he would go with Houston.

#2 - I think they want to give Hack a decent chance to succeed...

They can wait for the Jets to release him in 2-3 months and then pick him up in free agency just before camp... but he would come in on the back foot which doesn’t help create competition.

But at least now he comes in at OTA’s and works with the team and can go into camp on an equal footing with the others in the QB room.

Gruden has made some questionable decisions over this off season... but this one to me makes sense... if he truly sees something in the kid...

Then if he does nothing then the only thing we lost was the 9th string CB in our depth chart...

If he comes good on what Gruden see’s in him then he cost us a 7th rounder...

I don’t see the downside TBH...

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Nothing about that situation sits well with me.
I wouldnt feel very comfortable with him as a cornerstone of my young ascending defense. I mean hopefully he keeps his nose clean and it's all good because on the field he's a difference maker and could be one of the best defensive players in the game, but there is a lot here that for me just doesn't pass a sniff test... I would be willing to bet there is more trouble on the horizon for Foster at some point in his career.

Got no issue with it. Granted there's always that element of "did she really make it all up or was she paid off" but I don't think that applies here from what I've been reading.

He's had a bad run and hopefully it comes down to maturity issues rather than anything deep rooted.

I'm comfortable with it all. Taking out the DV which he's now been cleared of the other things are minor issues (combine argument, wee charge, gun charge etc) that point towards maturity imo rather than being a shit person (Aldon Smith).

shiznit

Coach
Got no issue with it. Granted there's always that element of "did she really make it all up or was she paid off" but I don't think that applies here from what I've been reading.

He's had a bad run and hopefully it comes down to maturity issues rather than anything deep rooted.

I'm comfortable with it all. Taking out the DV which he's now been cleared of the other things are minor issues (combine argument, wee charge, gun charge etc) that point towards maturity imo rather than being a shit person (Aldon Smith).

He paid her off... we ALL know he paid the woman off.

But at the end of the day if she’s happy with that then who can complain.

The problem for the 49ers is DV is about the douchiest thing you can do... the fact he managed to get away with it doesn’t change the fact it’s a serious red flag about his character.

I think Lynch and co will be worried about the fact that if he’s done this in the past and pretty much gotten away with it by paying his way out... there’s a decent chance he does something like this again.

I think for the 9ers they may just trade him in the next season or so while he has value and before he does something like this again.

I do think Lynch played this whole thing really well though... he didn’t jump to cut the kid when he may have been tempted to... buy he also made it very clear that if it comes out that he laid a finger on this woman he will be sacked... even after this news broke he was still pretty firm about the situation.

I think Lynch is turning into a hell of a football executive IMO...

I do think your jab in Aldon Smith is unfair... say what you like about Smith... his problems are just idiotic and related to his addiction issues...

but as far as I know he has never been accused of what this scumbag has just paid himself out of...

Also interesting to see he’s now being managed by Malki Kawa... i can see why Lynch ain’t f**king around...

kurt faulk

Coach
He paid her off... we ALL know he paid the woman off.

But at the end of the day if she’s happy with that then who can complain.

The problem for the 49ers is DV is about the douchiest thing you can do... the fact he managed to get away with it doesn’t change the fact it’s a serious red flag about his character.

I think Lynch and co will be worried about the fact that if he’s done this in the past and pretty much gotten away with it by paying his way out... there’s a decent chance he does something like this again.

I think for the 9ers they may just trade him in the next season or so while he has value and before he does something like this again.

I do think Lynch played this whole thing really well though... he didn’t jump to cut the kid when he may have been tempted to... buy he also made it very clear that if it comes out that he laid a finger on this woman he will be sacked... even after this news broke he was still pretty firm about the situation.

I think Lynch is turning into a hell of a football executive IMO...

I do think your jab in Aldon Smith is unfair... say what you like about Smith... his problems are just idiotic and related to his addiction issues...

but as far as I know he has never been accused of what this scumbag has just paid himself out of...

Also interesting to see he’s now being managed by Malki Kawa... i can see why Lynch ain’t f**king around...

Hasn't the woman tried this before? They're both dodgy as f**k.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Do you have anything to back up "he paid her off" other than saying "he paid her off".

What is in his record that even comes close to DV? He has no history of violence.

You can say he paid her off, but what about the video that showed her in a fight with another woman earlier that day, the fact she's been in trouble before because of false accusations for this very thing, the injuries not being at all consistent with a guy of Fosters size hitting her in the head 8-10 times as claimed?

The judge absolutely chewed the DA apart and the burden of proof to go to trial is very low. For a female judge to throw the charges out so easily suggest the DA had nothing.

This isn't a purely "he said, she said" there's genuine evidence in Fosters favour.

Why would you condemn Foster for DV he's been found innocent of while defending Aldon who is still yet to have his DV case heard?

Addiction is terrible but it's not an excuse. Aldon's record speaks for itself. Funny enough Fosters joy for the weed is my biggest concern about him.

Tom155

Coach
Pretty damning evidence against her

Saying she wanted to “f*** up his career” after the San Francisco 49ers linebacker tried to break up with her, according to The Athletic.

Ennis told responding officers in February that Foster had dragged her down the stairs by her hair, threw her out of the house, punched her in the head eight to 10 times and spit on her.

“I wanted to sue Reuben,” Ennis said under oath. “It was a money scheme. It was all about money. I wanted to get him.

“I really wanted to kill him. I was so hurt.”

Ennis said she became visibly upset the morning Foster said he wanted to break up with her and that she chased after him with threats as he tried to run away from her.

“I told him I’m about to f*** yo s*** up, make sure you don’t have a job tomorrow,” she said, as reported by The Athletic.

Ennis said she made three 911 calls, two of which she hung up before getting an answer, and ultimately flagged down someone riding by to call the police on her behalf. The passer-by who made the call reportedly testified that he remembered Ennis looking “very calm” and without injuries.

Ennis later admitted to falsely accusing a former boyfriend of assault in 2011, for which she said she went to jail.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...s/news-story/9f3bf27bd5e35b6aed5dc143785dbb85

Seems like a real headcase people should stay away from

shiznit

Coach
Do you have anything to back up "he paid her off" other than saying "he paid her off".

What is in his record that even comes close to DV? He has no history of violence.

You can say he paid her off, but what about the video that showed her in a fight with another woman earlier that day, the fact she's been in trouble before because of false accusations for this very thing, the injuries not being at all consistent with a guy of Fosters size hitting her in the head 8-10 times as claimed?

The judge absolutely chewed the DA apart and the burden of proof to go to trial is very low. For a female judge to throw the charges out so easily suggest the DA had nothing.

This isn't a purely "he said, she said" there's genuine evidence in Fosters favour.

Why would you condemn Foster for DV he's been found innocent of while defending Aldon who is still yet to have his DV case heard?

Addiction is terrible but it's not an excuse. Aldon's record speaks for itself. Funny enough Fosters joy for the weed is my biggest concern about him.
Take your 49er goggles off bro...

This nutbag openly confessed to setting this guy up...

Then all of a sudden once she has him exactly where she wants him she has a change of heart and comes out and gives up her plan... :joy::joy:

Mother f**ker please... :joy::joy:

If you seriously believe this chick hasn’t been paid out by someone then I’m a Nigerian prince and I need your help to access my fortune... :joy::joy:

But who knows... maybe the chick that Greg Hardy beat up just decided out of the blue that she wanted to just disappear from the state so he couldn’t stand trial... :rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Take your 49er goggles off bro...

This nutbag openly confessed to setting this guy up...

Then all of a sudden once she has him exactly where she wants him she has a change of heart and comes out and gives up her plan... :joy::joy:

Mother f**ker please... :joy::joy:

If you seriously believe this chick hasn’t been paid out by someone then I’m a Nigerian prince and I need your help to access my fortune... :joy::joy:

But who knows... maybe the chick that Greg Hardy beat up just decided out of the blue that she wanted to just disappear from the state so he couldn’t stand trial... :rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes:

I think your inability to consider anything other than absolute guilt says more about your perception issues than any goggles I might have.

Cheers for ignoring her priors, lack of physical evidence, video of previous altercation etc that I mentioned. I'm sure thosee dismissive quips gives your opinion far more weight than any real evidence ever could.

shiznit

Coach
Pretty damning evidence against her

Saying she wanted to “f*** up his career” after the San Francisco 49ers linebacker tried to break up with her, according to The Athletic.

Ennis told responding officers in February that Foster had dragged her down the stairs by her hair, threw her out of the house, punched her in the head eight to 10 times and spit on her.

“I wanted to sue Reuben,” Ennis said under oath. “It was a money scheme. It was all about money. I wanted to get him.

“I really wanted to kill him. I was so hurt.”

Ennis said she became visibly upset the morning Foster said he wanted to break up with her and that she chased after him with threats as he tried to run away from her.

“I told him I’m about to f*** yo s*** up, make sure you don’t have a job tomorrow,” she said, as reported by The Athletic.

Ennis said she made three 911 calls, two of which she hung up before getting an answer, and ultimately flagged down someone riding by to call the police on her behalf. The passer-by who made the call reportedly testified that he remembered Ennis looking “very calm” and without injuries.

Ennis later admitted to falsely accusing a former boyfriend of assault in 2011, for which she said she went to jail.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...s/news-story/9f3bf27bd5e35b6aed5dc143785dbb85

Seems like a real headcase people should stay away from

The fact she had to come out and admit everything so strongly says to how much evidence the DA had.

The evidence was strong enough that they were clearly willing to prosecute him even without her pressing charges... so the only way he was going to get out of it before a trial(which is what he needed as even if he went to trial the 9ers would have sacked him) was if she cane out and absolutely destroyed her credibility which was the basis of the DA’s case.

The scary thing about this for the 9ers is that even after she came out last week admitted all of this... the DA was still pressing on even though they knew this would serious embarrass them if it played out like this.

That says there was some serious smoke to this fire...

shiznit

Coach
I think your inability to consider anything other than absolute guilt says more about your perception issues than any goggles I might have.

Cheers for ignoring her priors, lack of physical evidence, video of previous altercation etc that I mentioned. I'm sure thosee dismissive quips gives your opinion far more weight than any real evidence ever could.
I think the fact that you seriously can’t comprehend that this chick has been paid out is f**king funny... :joy::joy:

I bet the mormons love knocking on your door... :joy::joy:

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I bet the mormons love knocking on your door... :joy::joy:

Wouldn't know, I never answer.

Still, it beats being cynical of everything and walking around like you're clued into things that you really have no idea about (neither of us will actually ever know what really happened with 100% certainty).

Guilty until proven innocent, and even then still guilty.

Don't forgot to use more crying with laughter emoji's. Nothing strengthens an opinion like a fake display of hysterics.