What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Origin I - QLD 12-22 NSW @ MCG

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ed-grimley

Bench
This thread has clearly shown that statistics can be manipulated to back up someone's crap agenda.
At the end of the day only one stat matters and that's the one right at the top.

GongPanther

Referee

How utterly deluded and desparate must one get for an excuse for a SOO Qld loss,as not only put together a piece as badly as this,but to leave himself wide open to ridicule from readers and fellow journalists far and wide.

Honestly,this is the poorest piece of sports journalism that is so pathetically bad,it deserves a place in Media Watch's Hall Of Fame.

TheFrog

Coach
There was a time from about the 30th to 60th minutes when Queensland were winning the rucks convincingly. It coincided with NSW having an edge forward playing in the middle. At the same time, Queensland left alarming holes for Tedesco and Cook to stroll through. I think he's right, having Slater at the back will make Queensland a much tougher proposition the way he directs the defence. He was sorely missed. I hope Fittler is not so flushed with victory that he doesn't address the problems that this game showed his side has.

GongPanther

Referee
JAC was 2 metres behind Maloney when the pass was thrown and had to stand back to take it rather than lunge forward. At absolute worst it was 50/50.
I'll hedge a bet were it was one of those passes that got thrown marginally backward,but floated 1 yard or so forward. We have to take in consideration the length of the pass, and those balls have a tendancy to do anything through the air at a fair distance.

Spot On

Coach

He was disgraceful - at best. So too his brother.

Poor recruitment on the Knight's behalf as niether are leaders. Need a good pack around them to get them to play to standard.

Happy to see Tariq playing to his potental now though. Be interesting to see if he could at least hold his form if the Drags lost a few key forwards or even go up a gear if needed.

GongPanther

Referee
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...e/news-story/1dfdd008335291b7f28798b0d0ef95fc

what's more alarming about that vid is how disorganised the QLD defence was. Munster came up with the initial miss, but was inside Cooper as the #4 defender. Munsters poor attempt to even slow Teddy down led to a Napa jersey grab. And Hunt's attempt is reason enough as to why he should never be playing as a hooker at this level - Milford replaced McCulloch and was defending on the right as the #3. I don't watch too many Broncos games - does McCulloch not play 80 mins? In hindsight, you'd keep the spine as is and probably would've had Ponga on bench and brought him on and moved Morgan somewhere in the final 20 mins. Still Teddy took advantage of some poor defending there. At least Morgan stopped him somewhat but needed to wrap him up.

Should've all bee moot though. Pass was forward.
OK,take the try back. FT score,18-12 NSW.

Spot On

Coach
Peats had some good years at Souths as a deputy to Luke as well. Didn't want to let him go, but we had Api who practically turned the GF for Souths in 2014, McInnes coming through and then we found Cookie. Why we f**king took Farah off the Tigers hands I don't know but it probably stunted Cooks development by a season.

Being offloaded to GC after Parra's salary cap shit seems to have f**ked Peats up

What you see is what you get with Peats.

Pass and tackle. The bare minimum skill set of a firstgrade rake.

He seems quick to jump on social media if someone points this out but his game never goes up a notch.

Weird.