What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Origin III - QLD 18-12 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheFrog

Coach
I think Crichton will replace Frizell on the edge and Frizell will move to the middle in his second stint.
This happened in game 1. It didn't really succeed. Freddy ended up bringing Klemmer back on sooner than you'd expect.

big hit!

Bench
This happened in game 1. It didn't really succeed. Freddy ended up bringing Klemmer back on sooner than you'd expect.

I don't understand the tactic. Maybe Fittler is of the opinion that Crichton is better than the 5 best props/middle forwards NSW can pick. IMO, Frizell on the field for the majority of the match terrorising the QLD left edge is better than moving him into the middle and gassing him so Crichton can play there.

I don't think it matters in this match though. QLD with Arrow as a starting prop? He had a much better impact as a middle forward off the bench in game 2 than he had in game 1, but an elite level prop? Likewise Papalii really. He'll give you 15 mins before he's reaching for the oxygen mask starting as a prop at this level. Freddy has even gone into this match with only 2 recognised props & 2 recognised middle forwards. He's got 4 edge forwards though. Kevvie has gone smaller too. Oates will be expected to get through a mountain of work from the wing.

Last edited:

beave

Coach
with the rest of that dog shit QLD team around him, it's pretty hard to lay all the blame of a loss on DCE, unless he has some massive brain explosion.

Don't envy him really. Picked for a high level game where the opposition has a settled spine and a bloke that has already directed his team around successfully in two matches. Cherry has to form a new spine combo and direct a bunch of other spuds around with just 4 or 5 sessions in prep.

Maybe QLD are setting him up to fail and they'll start a new era next season with Taylor at HB and Ponga at FB. Need to find a young #9 somewhere though, because McCulloch isn't taking QLD anywhere.

I love how everyone has forgotten about Morgan in the halves for 2019 for QLD. Everyone forgets the last 3 season of very decent #6 play and in 2014 was very good at fullback where he had to step in when Coote went down in 9’s.

Silent Knight

First Grade
which edge is that?

Gagai has exclusively been a right-sided player which means Chambers switching to the left (already done this when O'Neil was in the team and represent AUS on the left too while Dugan & Fergo have been on the right) and so Mitchell could be running over a Dane 'speed hump' Gagai all match.

I could expect Holmes to swap sides too to accommodate Oates on the left wing.

Oates - Chambers - Munster - Cooper <-------------------> Kaufusi - DCE - Gagai - Holmes

That right edge is in for a hell of a night, LOL!

I was talking to my mate about this and he reckons Gagai will line up against Mitchell and as a result he has put money on Mitchell being FTS. I'd say that's easy money.

I had no idea that edge would potentially comprise of DCE, Gagai and Holmes. If it does farkin' LOL the game will be over at halftime. Passion can't compensate for that much defensive deficiency.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Queensland's succession plan was meant to be so perfect.

Ponga will be fullback, Munster will be as good as Thurston at 5/8, Hunt replaces Cronk seamlessly, Smith will play forever, then there's Brodie Croft blah blah blah.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Queensland's succession plan was meant to be so perfect.

Ponga will be fullback, Munster will be as good as Thurston at 5/8, Hunt replaces Cronk seamlessly, Smith will play forever, then there's Brodie Croft blah blah blah.

Too bad they've got POPEYE for coach. Ponga at fullback for game 2? Nah put him at lock, that'll have NSW pissing their pants faster than Todd Carney and the rough crowd in the men's shed.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Pffft. Faking an injury to drop our worst player. Fittler needs to grow set.

But seriously its a nothing game. I wouldn't mind a few changes. Drop those shit merkin halves for a start. And the utility.

Maybe throw Blake Green in at 6.

What you did there, I see it.

Spot On

Coach
I was talking to my mate about this and he reckons Gagai will line up against Mitchell and as a result he has put money on Mitchell being FTS. I'd say that's easy money.

I had no idea that edge would potentially comprise of DCE, Gagai and Holmes. If it does farkin' LOL the game will be over at halftime. Passion can't compensate for that much defensive deficiency.

Kevvie will be shitting his pants about this all week. I'll be pleasantly suprised if Kevvie dare changes Chambers over.

DeBelin has cut Gagai in half this series every time he's touched the ball. Gags has been very ordinary defensively on the wing as well. That Addo-Carr effort was not up to standard. He failed to help his centre when Mitchell crashed over for his try in game 2. Freddy had better 'unleash Big Latrell' if he is lucky enough to get Gags on his side and target him all night.

big hit!

Bench
I love how everyone has forgotten about Morgan in the halves for 2019 for QLD. Everyone forgets the last 3 season of very decent #6 play and in 2014 was very good at fullback where he had to step in when Coote went down in 9’s.

True. Completely forgot about him, rather than dismissing him

matrightyeh

Juniors
queensland to win this one
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

King hit

Coach
Did anyone hear Gordon Tallis on 'I call bullshit' on triple m? Calling bullshit on NSW about QLD loyalty and selecting Sims. Kent and the other bloke made him look like the gibberer he is.

King hit

Coach
I heard this sort of talk after Origin 2, 2014. How did that work out for you?

Difference is that there is no Thurston, Slater, Smith or Cronk guiding the team around and the Maroons are going through a transition period that always follows great dynasties.

Anyone’s guess how good Queensland will be next year.

Latest posts