What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Origin III - QLD 18-12 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BranVan3000

Coach
Jamie Buhrer got slammed on here for getting picked for NSW when he was about 22. Played a handful of minutes, did nothing wrong, defended well. He didn't pick himself to be there. Had massive potential but has fallen away now that he has moved away from the massive talent he started his career surrounded by.

Crichton is in the same situation. Shouldn't have been there but did nothing wrong. Perhaps should be looked at again in the future.
I don’t agree he didn’t pick himself. Has been a hardworking rock for Souths this year. Not quite as dynamic as last year but still a form second rower

He also has a Roosters contract which is instant increase in NSW Blues eligibility

footyballin'

Juniors
Amazing for Slater to get Man of the Series award in his last game and only one as captain. Highly deserved. Was carving up the Blues all series and if it wasn't for often downright ridiculous and sometimes mind boggling calls from the refs he would have gone out a series winner as well but I digress, well deserved and bravo.

typicalfan

Coach
Qld deserved the win Tedesco or Cook should have won the player of the series and Holmes probably player of the game

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
Amazing for Slater to get Man of the Series award in his last game and only one as captain. Highly deserved. Was carving up the Blues all series and if it wasn't for often downright ridiculous and sometimes mind boggling calls from the refs he would have gone out a series winner as well but I digress, well deserved and bravo.

I'd like to join everyone in the LU community in welcoming Billy's wife to the forum.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
On the game we really shot ourselves in the foot, especially after managing the most improbable lead at half time . Credit to Qld for sticking in there when they looked done after 5 minutes of the second half.

After those opening two sets we just seemed to put the cue in the rack, barely completed a set and somehow managed to give away two penalties with the ball in hand. (anyone got any idea the last time that happened in any game let alone origin?)

Have to rewatch the last 10 min especially but both halves had a bit of a shocker.. seemed every time we were in their 20 the ball was ending up in Angus, Sims or Peach's hands instead of these guys getting in there and directing the team. Jimmy really had a pretty poor game all round (that chip kick on our own 20 FFS?).

Hope Freddy has gotten into Klemmer (who was great all series) and Sims about how those things don't just lose you games they lose you series.

beave

Coach
Tariq confirmed what most of us have known for a while.

He’s a pot plant of epic proportions.

And then followed closely by Klemmer and Ben Hunt.

NSW thoroughly deserved the series win but I think once QLD get their full strength team back and some stability, next year will be an even more closer and enthralling contest.

Origin has been pretty meh for mine over the last few years but I feel with both teams now a lot more closer in talent there’s going to be some gripping contests.

Good on DCE for shutting up 95% of people (including me). If QLD continue with him in the 7, I think Morgan has to be the utility on the bench. Ben Hunt is a huge liability in attack/kick.

Spade

Juniors
Is there a more useless f**k then Laurie Daley? absolute dumb as dogshit, ruined NSW over the last 3 years constantly picking players he classed as "origin tough" or "origin experienced" and now he can't even select a Man of Series correctly, wouldn't feed the piece of shit.

SBD82

Coach
Is there a more useless f**k then Laurie Daley? absolute dumb as dogshit, ruined NSW over the last 3 years constantly picking players he classed as "origin tough" or "origin experienced" and now he can't even select a Man of Series correctly, wouldn't feed the piece of shit.
To be fair to Daley, he picked Aaron woods for man of the series, but was outvoted by the other two selectors.

Latest posts