What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Predictions

ouryear

Juniors
f**k this im tipping the Dragons to win the comp....
Dragons to finish minor premiers...
Hunt and Widdop will destroy the field this year...
With Widdop and Hunt in top form im looking forward to seeing Dufty emerge as the new and improved version of Billy Slater... Dufty will be Slater 2.0
With Jimmy up front leading, we shouldnt fall off like we did in 2017.... Graham has the experience, so does widdop and hunt, so does Friz, so does JDB....
We have the boys that can lead from the front, Graham will take there leadership qualities to the next level.
Say what you all want, im riding the boys home each and every week....
Must be great to dream, being positive is a great attribute, I am not knocking it.

We need to do something about Mary though. His bench rotation strategy is enough to kill us off. And must tell Mary to let McInnes run.

No team with a hooker who just goes dummy half and passes every time will win anything.

If we win the comp, it will be with the slowest backline since SNAILS were admitted into the rugby comp in russia.

Enjoy your ream sleep, I hope it's not just a dream.

Crush

Coach
1. Who cares? It won't be the Dragons.

2. Outside the eight.

3. Vaughan, although I'm keen on seeing what impact Graham will have on and off the field. Hopefully, Sims continues his late season form, and finally becomes the devastating player we all know he can be when focused.

4. After a hiccup or three, Widdop will finally deliver the form he's capable of providing thanks to the stability of a genuine halfback. We will witness the same, consistent form he showed at Melbourne with Cronk at his side.

This is Leiliua's last chance at redemption for a wasted year in 2017. It's make or break time for him. Fingers crossed his career doesn't go down the gurgular like Matt Mundine. The Dragons desperately need him to fire, particularly if Thompson departs.
Jimmy, I reckon if point 4 is correct then point 2 will be incorrect.

hazzbeen

Bench
I hope not, otherwise what cheat do we go for?
Well if that does happen which is very likely , it goes to show you how far behind our Club is with keeping up with these teams .Yea I know call them cheats and we don't want to do the same , but if we are not smarter we will never win a premiership again . NRL needs to really clamp down on this .....

ouryear

Juniors
Well if that does happen which is very likely , it goes to show you how far behind our Club is with keeping up with these teams .Yea I know call them cheats and we don't want to do the same , but if we are not smarter we will never win a premiership again . NRL needs to really clamp down on this .....

The Dragons will never win another comp up against Storm, Roosters, Broncos with their $1.5 - 2 million or so TPA advantage.

We are doomed to 5th at best forever, unless the club can hook into some good TPAs.

Eventually, supporters of all clubs except the few TPA rich clubs will get jack of it, crowds will continue to fall, Soccer and AFL will make massive inroads.

And the rise and fall of Rugby League will be complete. A backwater game.

Crush

Coach
1. Who will win the comp?
Dragons.
2. Where will dragons finish?
4th, if we can keep our spine injury free.
3. Who will be the most damaging player for Dragons and why?
Aitken, McDonald and Lafai on the other side. This will be mostly due to an improved forward pack and halves combination and improved kicking game.
4. Which Dragons player are you mostexcited about watching next year?
Dufty, Luciano, Field and Lomax.

Our forwards are very good. Our spine is good, potentially great if McInnes can do more than tackle and pass, and Dufty could be anything with an off season under his belt.
Our backs I think are actually very good. I think Aitken and McDonald will both benefit from Hunt and our right edge will be a weapon. I’d like to see Field replace Nighty on the Wing.
Mann and Luciano coming of the bench will complete our attack.
Lets hope that Luciano, Field, Lomax get a run next year. You will be disappointed otherwise.
Not sure where Field would fit in, the other 2 I can see playing perhaps......

Frank Facer

First Grade
Id love to hear the forums predictions on the following.
4. Which Dragons player are you most excited about watching next year?

1. Roosters. I think Teddy at the back will be the extra 5% they need to go all the way.
2. 3rd. I reckon we will be the most improved team next year. I think we lack speed in our outside backs but if we can find a solution to that problem we will be a powerful force.
3. Garreth Widdop. Ive never been a fan but I think Hunt may just take the pressure off him and when he is hot he is certainly a damaging player. Im putting a pineapple on him to win Dally M.
4. I am really looking forward to seeing what Dufty can do. I think if he fires we will go far. He needs some help in defence but with the right attacking structures he could score a lot of meat pies.

1 I think either Easts or Melbourne will win the comp. As soon as Easts signed Tedesco, I said that I would be backing them to win next year's comp. With the addition of Cronk, they look even stronger. Melbourne continue to perform year in year out. They have lost Cronk and Harris. They look to have ready made replacement for Cronk in Croft. Harris missed most of last year, so they can cover him. I see Nth Qld and us as the next 2 best chances.

2 I too think that we will be the most improved team in the comp too next year. Hunt is going to be a massive upgrade on Mcrone. I see Graham as an upgrade on Packer and think that he will be our new pack leader. I think our best chances lie in blooding Lomax and Matherson Johns from the beginning of the year. We have one of the best forward packs and the one of the best pair's of halves, they can provide the right conditions to blood Lomax and Matherson Johns. I actually have us finishing 4th on the ladder. We showed what was possible at the beginning of this year, I am hoping that we have improve on that form and become a genuine premiership contender. Dufty having a good year is very important to our chances. I think it is good that he had the 7 or so games at the end of the year. He will be better prepared mentally and physically next year than he was at the beginning of this year. I think he we have more self belief.

3 Most damaging player for us. I am hoping that Hunt can have massive year and be one of the games top players. If he does, the rest of the team should go well around him. I am hoping that Dufty is our most damaging player.

4 The players that I am most interested in watching next year are

Hunt. We finally have top class halfback. I like that Hunt plays both sides of the field and that we plan to use him that way. I like that Hunt has a good running game. I can see us playing an attractive brand of football with Hunt at halfback.

Dufty. I am hoping that he can have a big season and cement the number 1 jersey. I like his speed. I like that he can provide try assists. He provides X factor. He is the kind of player that brings crowds to their feet, like Steve Morris used to do.

Lomax. I want to see Lomax start the year off in first grade. I think he can provide some much needed attack in our backline. He will make it. He is good enough, so he is old enough.

I would also like to see either and or both Leilua or Host have good year's and to be talked about as future rep players.

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
1 I think either Easts or Melbourne will win the comp. As soon as Easts signed Tedesco, I said that I would be backing them to win next year's comp. With the addition of Cronk, they look even stronger. Melbourne continue to perform year in year out. They have lost Cronk and Harris. They look to have ready made replacement for Cronk in Croft. Harris missed most of last year, so they can cover him. I see Nth Qld and us as the next 2 best chances.

2 I too think that we will be the most improved team in the comp too next year. Hunt is going to be a massive upgrade on Mcrone. I see Graham as an upgrade on Packer and think that he will be our new pack leader. I think our best chances lie in blooding Lomax and Matherson Johns from the beginning of the year. We have one of the best forward packs and the one of the best pair's of halves, they can provide the right conditions to blood Lomax and Matherson Johns. I actually have us finishing 4th on the ladder. We showed what was possible at the beginning of this year, I am hoping that we have improve on that form and become a genuine premiership contender. Dufty having a good year is very important to our chances. I think it is good that he had the 7 or so games at the end of the year. He will be better prepared mentally and physically next year than he was at the beginning of this year. I think he we have more self belief.

3 Most damaging player for us. I am hoping that Hunt can have massive year and be one of the games top players. If he does, the rest of the team should go well around him. I am hoping that Dufty is our most damaging player.

4 The players that I am most interested in watching next year are

Hunt. We finally have top class halfback. I like that Hunt plays both sides of the field and that we plan to use him that way. I like that Hunt has a good running game. I can see us playing an attractive brand of football with Hunt at halfback.

Dufty. I am hoping that he can have a big season and cement the number 1 jersey. I like his speed. I like that he can provide try assists. He provides X factor. He is the kind of player that brings crowds to their feet, like Steve Morris used to do.

Lomax. I want to see Lomax start the year off in first grade. I think he can provide some much needed attack in our backline. He will make it. He is good enough, so he is old enough.

I would also like to see either and or both Leilua or Host have good year's and to be talked about as future rep players.
Quality post Frank!
I hope you are on the mark. Really looking forward to 2018.

JDHD

Juniors
My only prediction is that the Roosters either hilariously crash out in the prelim again or they let Pearce go and Cronk does an ACL in Round 1, demoralising an already fractured and mentally-weak playing group.

FlameThrower

Bench
My only prediction is that the Roosters either hilariously crash out in the prelim again or they let Pearce go and Cronk does an ACL in Round 1, demoralising an already fractured and mentally-weak playing group.
I really think the shenanigans going on at the Roosters have placed a spotlight on how that place runs. It's just a brand with fickle group of 'supporters ' who can't even be bothered turning up to hone games. Most other teams supporters will be death riding them and giving them the evil eye! BTW Peace just extended his contract and stated he did not test the market as he loved the Club and wanted to stay a 1 Club player .... now he could be turfed out. Surely the NRL should be checking carefully what and who are on the books and what $$ is TPA's??
This signing has caused a media circus and could be a huge master stroke or unravel very quickly.

JDHD

Juniors
I really think the shenanigans going on at the Roosters have placed a spotlight on how that place runs. It's just a brand with fickle group of 'supporters ' who can't even be bothered turning up to hone games. Most other teams supporters will be death riding them and giving them the evil eye! BTW Peace just extended his contract and stated he did not test the market as he loved the Club and wanted to stay a 1 Club player .... now he could be turfed out. Surely the NRL should be checking carefully what and who are on the books and what $$ is TPA's??
This signing has caused a media circus and could be a huge master stroke or unravel very quickly.

They don't have many fans, but those twelve guys are solid as a rock.

Id love to hear the forums predictions on the following.
4. Which Dragons player are you most excited about watching next year?

1. Roosters. I think Teddy at the back will be the extra 5% they need to go all the way.
2. 3rd. I reckon we will be the most improved team next year. I think we lack speed in our outside backs but if we can find a solution to that problem we will be a powerful force.
3. Garreth Widdop. Ive never been a fan but I think Hunt may just take the pressure off him and when he is hot he is certainly a damaging player. Im putting a pineapple on him to win Dally M.
4. I am really looking forward to seeing what Dufty can do. I think if he fires we will go far. He needs some help in defence but with the right attacking structures he could score a lot of meat pies.
1. Souths
2. 7th or 8th
3. Ben Hunt because he would love to give his ex team mates a bath up in Brisbane next week.
4. Zac Lomax - fully fit.