What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R19 Fri - Sharks 28-24 Raiders @ SC Group

Round 19: Sharks v Raiders

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coolumsharkie

Referee
Hate when refs decide a result with their blundering...last night was the stuff of nightmares....I'm not Raiders fan....that was just chilling.

It didn't decide the result though, could have but didn't. Sharks were up 24-6 at half time.

TheFrog

Coach
There is a precedent for this. In the 2014 Roosters-Panthers final Remy Casty was tackled near the line and made a second effort. Ref had called held. Replays suggested he wasn't held, but because the ref called held it was ruled a double movement without going upstairs. The ref (Jared Maxwell) acted correctly in not going to video having called held, despite Roosters fans still whinging about it to this day. Video would not have picked up the refs held call.

The try last night should not have gone to video following the linesman raising the flag. It was also suggested one of the refs called knock on.

blaza88z

Coach
Worst piece of officiating I can recall and look I know I am a Brisbane fan and we've had some go our way but that was ridiculous, for the touchy to actually raise his flag but then to have play on, it's a joke

Then you couple that in with the "forward pass" that was flat at best, there's no 2 ways about it, the Raiders got f**ked hard, I think these 2 calls absolutely decided the game, both were wrong and both favoured the home side

coolumsharkie

Referee
What does the halftime score matter? The fact we were only 4 points behind at the end shows how crucial those calls were. What a weird argument.

We are talking about the refs changing the result, in which you can't be sure that it would have. The score matters because YOUR team leaked 24 points. Do you not think that that has anything to do with the result? Did the refs gift the Sharks 24 points in the first half?

blaza88z

Coach
Sharks fans are taking the piss here, should've heard the outrage when we beat them off the back of a contentious pass

Generalzod

Immortal
We are talking about the refs changing the result, in which you can't be sure that it would have. The score matters because YOUR team leaked 24 points. Do you not think that that has anything to do with the result? Did the refs gift the Sharks 24 points in the first half?
As if the Raiders never ever got a dubious referring decision that favoured them.....

coolumsharkie

Referee
Sharks fans are taking the piss here, should've heard the outrage when we beat them off the back of a contentious pass

lol contentious, 5 meters forward. The Raiders fans have every right to be annoyed, they are a better side than their 9th spot suggest, that's not the refs fault though.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Lol not even worth arguing really. Only Sharks fans are trying to justify it. Just thank the NRL for your gift and move on.

sup42

Juniors
It didn't decide the result though, could have but didn't. Sharks were up 24-6 at half time.
Save it I'm 100% Neutral...actually probably like the Raiders least because of sticky.

There was a tide of horrible calls...a flood....a Tsunami...

Like I said it was so bad it made years of getting rooted by NRL refs as a Warriors tragic...nightmarish to watch.

Mate fans across all clubs are calling this game out as bad news.

Take it as a bonus.

Save it I'm 100% Neutral...actually probably like the Raiders least because of sticky.

There was a tide of horrible calls...a flood....a Tsunami...

Like I said it was so bad it made years of getting rooted by NRL refs as a Warriors tragic...nightmarish to watch.

Mate fans across all clubs are calling this game out as bad news.

Take it as a bonus.
The whole thing was bad though, not just one way.

Refs are useless

Latest posts