What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R19 Sat - Cowboys 10-24 Dragons @ 1300SMILES

Round 19: Cowboys v Dragons

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2018 - Round 19
North Queensland Cowboys v St George Illawarra Dragons
1300SMILES Stadium, Townsville (TICKETS)
Saturday 21 July 2018

Gates 5:30pm / Laurie Spina Shield 5:45pm / NRL 7:30pm

TL-NQL18.png

1. Lachlan Coote 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Enari Tuala 4. Kane Linnett 5. Justin O'Neill 6. Te Maire Martin 7. Johnathan Thurston 8. John Asiata 9. Jake Granville 10. Scott Bolton 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Coen Hess 13. Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14. Ben Hampton 15. Shaun Fensom 16. Francis Molo 17. Corey Jensen 18. Jake Clifford 19. Ethan Lowe 20. Mitchell Dunn 21. Antonio Winterstein

TL-SGI18.png

1. Matthew Dufty 2. Nene Macdonald 3. Euan Aitken 4. Timoteo Lafai 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Gareth Widdop 7. Ben Hunt 8. James Graham 9. Cameron McInnes 10. Paul Vaughan 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Tariq Sims 13. Jack de Belin
Interchange: 14. Jeremy Latimore 15. Kurt Mann 16. Leeson Ah Mau 17. Luciano Leilua 18. Patrick Herbert 19. Blake Lawrie 20. Jai Field 21. Jordan Pereira

REF-YELLOW-1000px_1.jpg

Referees: Adam Gee, Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Sideline Officials: Alan Shortall, Rohan Best
Video Referees: Ashley Klein, Ben Galea

Feeder clubs
COWBOYS (QRL - Mackay, Pride & Townsville)
SAT
Falcons (MEL) v Mackay @ Denison Park Bowen, ISC 3:30pm
Pride v Ipswich (BRI) @ John Street Oval Cooktown, ISC 4pm
SUN
Tweed Heads (GLD) v Townsville @ Flinders Sports Ground Hughenden, ISC 2pm
Colts all clubs BYE

DRAGONS (NSWRL)
SUN
Norths (SOU) v Dragons @ North Sydney Oval, Flegg 12pm
Dragons ISP Bye​

Last edited by a moderator:

Life's Good

Coach
I've tipped us only out of loyalty. I have visions of the show & go from Thurston, that no one has fallen for this year, will be fallen for....

.....several times.

TheFrog

Coach
Saints. I can't back the cows anymore this year.
The Cows had a chance to level it up with under 20 to play with a kick from right in front, and went on to lose by 26. The Dragons had similar the week before, but at least that was against a top 8 side. The Cows are a basket case. If Thurston was Neville Nobody he'd be in reserve grade.

This Year?

Immortal
I have visions of Taumololo tearing us apart how Kasiano used to and Hess deciding he is a footballer again, plus Thurston having time and space to do pretty much whatever he wants. Cowboys edges have us completely covered so this could be embarrassing.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Cows are done, the ‘effort’ against the Raiders when they were a good chance of winning late was beyond embarrassing. They don’t give a shit. Dragons will lap them.

Maroon4life

Juniors
cowgirls gonna get their cheeks clapped.

Not even a cold one from the frosty mango will be enough to soothe the rage of the drivers who make that legendary 7 hour drive from Cooktown.

Can only imagine what the brave few who cross the Daintree barge think of their season, they didn’t go there with the trophy in 2015 but I wonder if they get helicoptered in as an apology for not raising their morale of 2018.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
Unless a change in attitude on the football field from the Cowboys changes,I can't see them getting close to the Dragons.Drags by 34-12.

SBD82

Coach
yeah i dunno
At the start of the season I had cowboys top 2.

In the early rounds I laughed whenever someone gave them shit. I knew they'd click sooner or later and put egg on everyone's faces.

Lately I've still been expecting them to find form, and am always surprised by their lackluster performances.

Knowing my luck I'll finally be right this week, and they'll put a clinic on for us.

Last edited:

This Year?

Immortal
At the start of the season I had cowboys top 2.

In the early rounds I laughed whenever someone gave them shit. I knew they'd click sooner or later and put egg on everyone's faces.

Lately I've still been expecting them to find form, and am always surprised by their lackluster performances.

Knowing my luck I'll finally be right this week, and they'll put a clinic on for us.
It will be their way of saying thanks for 2017.

beave

Coach
I’m at the point where I don’t f**king care.

Dragons by 20.

I’ve seen some NQ teams mail it in over the last 24 seasons, but this years team is up there with some of the worst. Sure they’ve competed at time against some good opposition but they are so f**king slow and behind the pace, it’s embarrassing watching them.

Last edited:

2010Dragons

Bench
If Mcidiot is going to rewards players for playing inconsistent dumb footy with his usual cut and paste?
I'm calling it now ....Cowboys 12+