What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R22 Fri - Rabbitohs 14-18 Roosters @ ANZ

Round 22: Rabbitohs v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2018 - Round 22
South Sydney Rabbitohs v Sydney Roosters
ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park (TICKETS)
Friday 10 August 2018

Gates 5:15pm / NSWRL Women's Premiership Grand Final 5:30pm / NRL 7:50pm

TL-SOU18.png

1. Alex Johnston 2. Campbell Graham 3. Hymel Hunt 4. Dane Gagai 5. Richard Kennar 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Thomas Burgess 9. Damien Cook 10. George Burgess 11. John Sutton 12. Angus Crichton 13. Sam Burgess
Interchange: 14. Braidon Burns 15. Cameron Murray 16. Jason Clark 17. Tevita Tatola 18. Billy Brittain 19. Kyle Turner 20. Dean Britt 21. Tyrell Fuimaono

TL-SYD18.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Latrell Mitchell 4. Joseph Manu 5. Blake Ferguson 6. Ryan Matterson 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Sio Siua Taukeiaho 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Isaac Liu 13. Victor Radley
Interchange: 14. Dylan Napa 15. Zane Tetevano 16. Mitchell Aubusson 17. Sean O'sullivan 18. Nat Butcher 19. Kurt Baptiste 20. Matt Ikuvalu 21. Lindsay Collins

REF-YELLOW-1000px_1.jpg

Referees: Gerard Sutton, Jon Stone
Sideline Officials: Nick Beashel, Chris Butler
Video Referees: Ashley Klein, Ben Galea

Feeder clubs
RABBITOHS (NSWRL - North Sydney) & ROOSTERS (NSWRL - Wyong)
SAT
Panthers v Roosters / Wyong @ Panthers, Flegg 10:45am / ISP 1pm (9NSW)
SUN
North Sydney v Sharks @ North Sydney, Flegg 12pm
North Sydney v Wentworthville (PAR) @ North Sydney, ISP 2pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Let's smash these cocks......

Hit em hard..... smash em in the middle... forrrrrrrrrcccceeeee em back.

What an almighty match this will be.

Dare I say it, could be a potential pre Grand Final match..

Coooookkkkkkkkkiiiiiiieeeeeeee to get us home. Souths by 4!!!

Just please don't give us Cecchin!

TheFrog

Coach
Let's smash these cocks......
Well the 15th placed Cowboys showed you how to do it. Complete your sets and send your big boys into the teeth of the Roosters middle. They don't like that. Unlike the Cows, do it for 80 minutes. And watch Tedesco. And Cronk. And Latrine. And Fergo. Easy, huh? Should be a cracker, even if both sides are top 4 certainties.

I make the bold prediction that the side that wins here will lose if they meet again in September/October.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well the 15th placed Cowboys showed you how to do it. Complete your sets and send your big boys into the teeth of the Roosters middle. They don't like that. Unlike the Cows, do it for 80 minutes. And watch Tedesco. And Cronk. And Latrine. And Fergo. Easy, huh? Should be a cracker, even if both sides are top 4 certainties.

I make the bold prediction that the side that wins here will lose if they meet again in September/October.
Hopefully Rorters win on that basis.

But we need a top 2 finish.. don't wanna have to go to Melbourne if we can help it.

footy75

Bench
Massive game... hard to pick. Winner should finish top 2.

Giving the edge to Souths due to no Keary. Reakon Souths forward pack will reak having up the middle.

If Roosters manage to win here look out. They need to put 80 mins together and not fade.

jack coburn

Juniors
Gotta go the scabs in this one.Forwards to big and strong for the roosters. They will get on the front foot allowing cook to dominate.Only contest will be in the backs.

Valheru

Coach
With no Keary I'll tip Souffs in a pretty irrelevant contest in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah for a roosters/souths game I feel pretty apathetic about this one and unless there is a flogging either way the result is pretty meaningless.

Getting through without any major injuries is the main concern at this point.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yeah for a roosters/souths game I feel pretty apathetic about this one and unless there is a flogging either way the result is pretty meaningless.

Getting through without any major injuries is the main concern at this point.
I'm reminded of 2014 where we flogged Souffs in the last round; but busted ourselves in doing so with Napa & Guerra getting suspended for the wk 1 finals loss to Penrith which cost us a GF appearance.

To paraphrase IBM, who cares about this battle - skirmish, even - I just wanna get through unscathed to win the war.

yobbo84

First Grade
Plenty riding on this game - win and Souths basically guaranteed Top 2. We don't want to be the team that plays Melbourne in Melbourne in Week 1 of the finals - we dead-set cannot win there.

Should be a cracker. They're better than us on the edges (especially with no Inglis, Jennings or even Doueihi) but we should win the ruck. I just hope Sam keeps his head because we need him for the finals!

P.S. Tupou vs Graham would have to be the tallest wing match-up ever.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I think Souths will have a pretty handy win, definate edge in the forwards, not overly concerned if we lose this one just as long as Cook and co don’t make huge metres through the middle like they did in the first round.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Plenty riding on this game - win and Souths basically guaranteed Top 2. We don't want to be the team that plays Melbourne in Melbourne in Week 1 of the finals - we dead-set cannot win there.

Should be a cracker. They're better than us on the edges (especially with no Inglis, Jennings or even Doueihi) but we should win the ruck. I just hope Sam keeps his head because we need him for the finals!

P.S. Tupou vs Graham would have to be the tallest wing match-up ever.
Yep let the Rorters go to Melbourne week one of finals. At least that's what I hope for :joy:

horrie hastings

First Grade
I'm reminded of 2014 where we flogged Souffs in the last round; but busted ourselves in doing so with Napa & Guerra getting suspended for the wk 1 finals loss to Penrith which cost us a GF appearance.

To paraphrase IBM, who cares about this battle - skirmish, even - I just wanna get through unscathed to win the war.

Exactly.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I don't fear Melbourne.

We'll play them in Venezuela if we have to; eating zoo animals all week in preparation.

Besides I wouldn't mind being underdogs in wk1 of the finals after our last few efforts.

Even our win vs Brissy last year was the greatest attempt to lose an unloseable game in history. Even Lordner fell over like a baby with the line open ffs.

So let's go to Melbourne as outsiders as a change of pace.

Valheru

Coach

I would much rather play them week 1 away than week 3 away.

It is basically a free hit at a home prelim final and if you lose you go to the Sydney side of the draw with the rest of the top 4 highly likely to be a combination of souths/roosters/penrith/dragons/sharks

yobbo84

First Grade
I would much rather play them week 1 away than week 3 away.

It is basically a free hit at a home prelim final and if you lose you go to the Sydney side of the draw with the rest of the top 4 highly likely to be a combination of souths/roosters/penrith/dragons/sharks
Fair call.

Though last time you lost in Week 1 of the finals only to play a prelim in Sydney... ;)

Latest posts