What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R25 Sat - Eels 10-44 Roosters @ ANZ

Round 25: Eels v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
Ah well. Sometimes you have seasons from hell...seems to happen more often as an Eels fan, but.

I do think we'll be a lot better next season. And we did have some positives this year; Alvaro had a Nathan Brown-esque breakout season, albeit with less opportunity to run downhill than 2017 offered (someone predicted that at the start of the year...), George Jennings is a good first grader, Mahoney looks the goods, Salmon got a taste and didn't look out of place, ditto for Oregon Kaufusi at 19 years old.

Mannah and Terepo had really good season too. Negatives outweigh the positives, obviously, but hey.

Now I have to work out how to get over an abysmal winter season with the bat in time for summer....
A lot to look forward to in '19.

Bazal

Post Whore
how on earth is Tim Mannah still playing

Only Eels forward to run for 100m tonight (130m from 13 hitups. JWH made 40m lol). Our third best metre making middle forward for the year @ about 110m per game, behind Brown and Alvaro. Our next best defender after Alvaro and Brown.

I'd say he's still playing because he's a genuine first grader. tbh. Not a star, but will almost never let you down or give anything less than his best. Alvaro, Mannah, Brown, Ma'u (after about round 8) and Terepo have carried the side as best they could when fit, with cameos from Gutherson, Norman and Hayne. In fact this has been Mannah's best season in years.

All that being said I can't blame you for not watching Eels games, I wouldn't want to either...

Only Eels forward to run for 100m tonight (130m from 13 hitups. JWH made 40m lol).

Let's seee -

James Tedesco - 220 metres;
Daniel Tupou - 195 metres;
Joesph Manu - 150 metres;
Blake Ferguson - 278 metres;
Zane Tetevano - 146 metres;
Ryan Matterson - 121 metres;
Sio Siua Taukeiaho - 106 metres;
Boyd Cordner - 99 metres;
Isaac Lui - 92 metres;
Mitchell Aubusson - 90 metres.

With that yardage, JWH didn't need to do much running and in fact I don't think he played in the second half at all.

So remind me again about the lol? :p

horrie hastings

First Grade
Ah well. Sometimes you have seasons from hell...seems to happen more often as an Eels fan, but.

I do think we'll be a lot better next season. And we did have some positives this year; Alvaro had a Nathan Brown-esque breakout season, albeit with less opportunity to run downhill than 2017 offered (someone predicted that at the start of the year...), George Jennings is a good first grader, Mahoney looks the goods, Salmon got a taste and didn't look out of place, ditto for Oregon Kaufusi at 19 years old.

Mannah and Terepo had really good season too. Negatives outweigh the positives, obviously, but hey.

Now I have to work out how to get over an abysmal winter season with the bat in time for summer....

You will have a pretty stadium to play out of next year, that is probably where the positives end.

Seriously though I do hope you do have a better season next year as you will be playing out of a shiny new stadium and your memberships should be through the roof on that alone, and also Tim Mannah deserves a lot better too.

Bazal

Post Whore
Let's seee -

James Tedesco - 220 metres;
Daniel Tupou - 195 metres;
Joesph Manu - 150 metres;
Blake Ferguson - 278 metres;
Zane Tetevano - 146 metres;
Ryan Matterson - 121 metres;
Sio Siua Taukeiaho - 106 metres;
Boyd Cordner - 99 metres;
Isaac Lui - 92 metres;
Mitchell Aubusson - 90 metres.

With that yardage, JWH didn't need to do much running and in fact I don't think he played in the second half at all.

So remind me again about the lol? :p

I'm not laughing at his metres. I'm laughing at the bloke asking why the guy who made 130m in a belted side is still in first grade when he was clearly a worthy contributor