What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Rep Round

Toasted sandwiches not healthy?

What's wrong with some ham chese and tomato on bread ? I always considered that an ok meal as far as health goes.
It's an interesting question. If I was having it for lunch I'd consider it pretty healthy. But for dinner it seems different. And so does toasting it, making the cheese melt, but I can't see how that actually changes anything but the taste.

parra pete

Referee
Sounded like confirmation

Depressed fracture...

We can’t take a trick.

Dead set, we’ll pick up an injury tomorrow night in origin without having a player on the field...[/QUOTE

Unfortunately that is SPORT..When you're hot you're hot..when you're not, you;re not....

Gronk

Staff member
If Mile High Stadium Denver has a capacity of 75000. There are 7500 merkins at the Eng v NZ match.

T-Boon

Coach
The rep round is a success. In my opinion the womens origin was the most enjoyable game of the season. Way better than the typical Friday night football (think Broncos, think constant whinging about refereeing imperfections, think interviews given by self entitled players and coaches). Add to that I saw a bit of the PNG v Fiji and PNG has easily the best jerseys in pro rugby league. I did not catch the Tonga v Samoa match but I am sure it was great.

TheParraboy

Staff member
If Mile High Stadium Denver has a capacity of 75000. There are 7500 merkins at the Eng v NZ match.

I turned the tv on at 630am, saw the empty stadium with a few hundred people scattered in each lower tier bay Commentators were discussing wether there was a try or no. I was trying to work out who was playing , peered to the top left of screen and 12-0 to nz over England

I swear my first reaction was it was a union 7s tournament. And crowd will be packing into the arena as games go on, must be 1st preliminary round game of the day I thought.

Then I recognised Isaac like , then did a palm to the forehead to myself

Woeful attendance . What a fail

TheParraboy

Staff member
this article says over 19k, lot better and more respectful and what i expected, though wonder how many free tickets ;-) Apparently the kiwi national anthem was butchered o_O

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-24/denver-test-match-new-zealand-national-anthem-disaster/9903640

The Kiwi team seemed bewildered at first, exchanging bemused looks before manfully singing on.

On the field, the game was considered a success as Wayne Bennett's England surged back from 12-0 down to comfortably beat the youthful New Zealand side 36-18.

Thousands were still outside — either lining up at the gates or engaging in the US pastime of tailgating — when the Warriors' Issac Luke led a blood-curdling haka.

Eventually a crowd of 19,320 rolled in to see Wests Tigers debutant Esan Marsters — one of seven fresh faces in the New Zealand squad — bedazzle the English left-side defence to score the opening try.

The rugby league Denver Test match experiment between England and New Zealand got off to an inauspicious start, with the pre-match singer strangling her way through both national anthems.

Crystal Collins struggled with her timing during England's God Save the Queen — but far worse was to follow during her rendition of God Defend New Zealand.

The singer haplessly struggled through the performance — particularly the opening Maori-language verses — although it didn't get much better when she switched to the English section.

Social media was understandably scathing in response to Collins' unusual take.

Toasted sandwiches not healthy?

What's wrong with some ham chese and tomato on bread ? I always considered that an ok meal as far as health goes.

I guess it depends on what else you eat. Lots of bread is probably not ideal, nor is lots of cheese. But they both taste good.

Latest posts