What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Round 1 Washup

shaggs

Coach
Lets begin shall we:

1. Holmes - simply awful. No where in attack. Weak and out of position in defence.
2. Feki - is he a 1 trick pony?
3. Dugan - defended well and hard. No opportunity in attack
4. Leutele - was ok
5. Katoa - no real opportunity
6. Moylan - I don’t know. Flat attack doesn’t suit him. Defended well for a small bloke
7. Townsend - kicking was dreadful. He tried hard but it was flat and slow in attack.
8. Fifita - one of our best
9. Brailey - defended well. Adding zero in attack
10. Prior - or sure ain’t 2016
14. Bakuya - one of our best. Actually tried to belt blokes
12. Graham - he was alright. A few mistakes at crucial times
18. Capewell - bland

13. Gallen - standard running and tackling performance
15. Ava - looked ok with ball in hand. Added a little enthusiasm
16. Paulo - I thought Brought is back into it with a little football
17. Segeyaro - was better than expected. Better than brailey

Overall. Attack was one out and slow. Ploddy.
No support play and slow service for first and second pass

Defence was good in patches, but contact was a little weak.

But whatever it’s round one.

Most obvious thing is that Holmes was the worst player on the field. Hampton is a utility who outplayed him in all areas

Stake Removed

First Grade
The bench went well.

What i was hoping for was Brailey more in attack, even short kicking game but nothing

shaggs

Coach
Fair write up. I reckon you went easy on Capewell but.
It’s a low bar to jump. I don’t expect much. Limit the mistakes and the odd cutting run. Any more than that and he is man of the match

The bench went well.

What i was hoping for was Brailey more in attack, even short kicking game but nothing

Brailey wasn’t much chop. Needs to pass or run. Not dilly dally

the "Washup" has a dark History... Never won a premiership while it was part of the Forum. I like the analysis but could you call it something different please? Maybe "Upwash " "Dirty Linen" "Ratings" or "When the Dust settles" ... I dont Know .... Anything but "the Washup"

1. Holmes - simply awful. agreed.
2. Feki - is he a 1 trick pony? Yep his one trick tonight was being the only one who caught a kick.
3. Dugan - defended well and hard. No opportunity in attack. Wasted
4. Leutele - was ok. Was fantastic. Competes on every play. 1 bad read.
5. Katoa - no real opportunity. Looked strong though.
6. Moylan - I don’t know. . I thought he was good
7. Townsend - kicking was dreadful. He tried hard but it was flat and slow in attack. no runners/options. Was good when he had that.
8. Fifita - one of our best. Yep.
9. Brailey - defended well. Adding zero in attack. Yeah, quite ordinary.
10. Prior - or sure ain’t 2016. Was good early. Faded.
14. Bakuya - one of our best. Actually tried to belt blokes. What a beast!
12. Graham - he was alright. A few mistakes at crucial times
18. Capewell - bland I thought he was solid. few rushing tackles cut them off frustrated their atttack into mistakes.

13. Gallen - standard running and tackling performance
15. Ava - looked ok with ball in hand. Added a little enthusiasm Liked him a lot!!
16. Paulo - I thought Brought is back into it with a little football. Good player. Skilful.
17. Segeyaro - was better than expected. Better than brailey. Definitely.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Pretty accurate summary.
First game and all - regardless there are some real glaring issues, but time will tell.
Love the guy but Bukuya being MOM is embarrassing considering the riches of talent out there

chewsta

First Grade
We missed Lewy.
Dugan is wasted in this game plan. I may as well play right centre as they wouldn't pass it to me either.
Moyza was good, the only real threat we had in attack.
Ava was really impressive in his short spell.
Fifs was good but f**k me he treads a fine line with his grubby temper.
Nobody else really stood out.

Our attack was slow and one out with no bodies in motion and no support. The cows did everyrhing at pace with decoys everywhere.
Our discipline and ball handling is still dogshit.

And holmes sucked!

Ads

First Grade
Feki out. Holmes wing. Hodko in. Moylan fullback. Problem solved.

It’s already obvious we have one spark and that is Moylan. He needs to have the freedom and lack of tackles to be able to chime in wherever whenever. Holmes did not learn anything about fullback play in the off season.

Card Shark

Immortal
It’s time for Fifita to grow up, cut the niggle, run straight, run hard, run straight, play the call without trying to milk a penalty & did i mention, run straight.

It was mentioned tonight in the commentary that he is the best forward in the game when at his best...we don’t see much of it anymore.

Click2000

Juniors
It's very simple - Townsends kicking game is/was woeful !!

Penalties them coming off their goal line.....

Fix that and we're in the hunt.

We'll improve, combinations will form - not all doom and gloom.

Townsend's kicking game though - so bad !!

shaggs

Coach
the "Washup" has a dark History... Never won a premiership while it was part of the Forum. I like the analysis but could you call it something different please? Maybe "Upwash " "Dirty Linen" "Ratings" or "When the Dust settles" ... I dont Know .... Anything but "the Washup"
Haha yeah sure. I thought when I did it.

txta2

Bench
Brailey got trampled for 1 try and ran out of the line for another try, probably why he spent more time on the sideline this game and yes Chad's downtown kicks have always been shit and yet the best kicker in the game is in reserve grade

Surely

Post Whore

I thought the washup was in full swing when we lost the first few games, then when we were on a roll the sooky la la grabbed his bat and pissed off home.

Card Shark

Immortal
Well he’s not going to drop him from the back after 1 week...but he will drop him.

Joey’s tirade might work in our favour...force Flanno’s hand or get Holmes to play better.

Latest posts