What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Top 8

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Who do you see sneaking into the the 8 and who falls away.

I’d honestly be surprised if it changes from who’s there at the moment

Possibly Sharks or Broncs to slip away and Raiders or Tigers moving in, but I don’t see it happening

Vic Mackey

Referee
Top 7 won’t fall out

8th is between Brisbane and Wests. Raiders draw is too hard and Knights F/A has them needing 1 more win then everyone else

Valheru

Coach
The NRL would like us to think this is the tightest race for the top 8 in history (every year is according to them) but the reality is different.

The top 8 isn't set but the top 9 is and 8th looks to be between Wests and Brisbane. I think there is scope for both to make it but it would take one of the other teams to completely shit the bed.

Top 4 looks a good race though.

Lambretta

First Grade
The only team I give any chance of making the 8 who are currently outside it are the Raiders now that Hodgson is back

Seriously, someone down there must have tipped over a black, cat, kicked it up the arse and then reversed his car over it and for good measure gone and smashed every mirror in the ACT while forgetting to whistle at the magpie

They have been unluckier than Freddie Mercury that time he said "no sweetie, you don't have to wear a condom"

But the Raiders have the Broncos, Storm, Sharks & Warriors, away and Rabbitohs and Roosters at home which I don't give them much hope of winning unless they get on a serious roll

perverse

Referee
Knights have 8th spot mortgaged already, so yeah the top 8 is already settled.

In all seriousness though, if we can jag a few wins before Pearce comes back I do expect us to make a run at it. We've made it hard on ourselves with the F/A situation, so who knows... but he will provide a spark without a doubt if we're still in the mix by then.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yeah the Knights have 3 very winnable home games ahead but need to win all 3. If they do I think they hsve a very good chance of chasing down Brisbane.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Why the f**k do people still think we're a hope of making the 8?

Our halves are f**king horrible, especially Austin who after Catwright is the worst defender in the comp.

Our props are either fat and ineffective or just ineffective.

Two out of three of our best players are our wingers, one of whom is out injured for 2 months.

Our other best player is coming back from an ACL injury.

The team has 3 brainncells between them.

And did I our mention our coach is a total f**king spanner?

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The NRL would like us to think this is the tightest race for the top 8 in history (every year is according to them) but the reality is different.

The top 8 isn't set but the top 9 is and 8th looks to be between Wests and Brisbane. I think there is scope for both to make it but it would take one of the other teams to completely shit the bed.

Top 4 looks a good race though.
This was my exact thoughts scrolling through this thread. At the halfway point there's realistically only 10 or 11 of 16 teams in contention, and even then, the Raiders and Knights are very unlikely IMO.

As you say we keep hearing how great it is that the comp is so close but you can realistically count out nearly half the competition just barely halfway through and that really isn't good.

wibble

Bench

Our halves are f**king horrible, especially Austin who after Catwright is the worst defender in the comp.

Two out of three of our best players are our wingers, one of whom is out injured for 2 months.

And sadly, that is a list of the Raider's good points.

footy75

Bench
I think it’s set..

But top 4..now that is tight

Souths,dragons,storm, chooks and Penrith

One has to miss

Lambretta

First Grade

With that level of pessimism, do you want a job as a Roosters supporter?

Benefits:
hanging out with negative whinging twats (so you'll feel at home)
beer...... there's always beer

You'll fit right in :)

Lambretta

First Grade

If you won comps by almost beating teams, you'd be f**king champions

Latest posts