What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ✨ R9 Sun - Roosters 30-24 Raiders @ Suncorp

Round 9: Roosters v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2019 - Round 9
Sydney Roosters v Canberra Raiders
Suncorp Stadium, Milton (TICKETS)
Sunday 12 May 2019

Gates 12:30pm / Roosters v Raiders 2pm / Rabbitohs v Cowboys 4:05pm

TL-SYD19.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Latrell Mitchell 4. Joseph Manu 5. Matt Ikuvalu 6. Luke Keary 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Victor Radley 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Angus Crichton 13. Isaac Liu
Interchange: 14. Nat Butcher 15. Zane Tetevano 16. Sitili Tupouniua 17. Mitchell Aubusson 18. Lindsay Collins 19. Josh Curran 20. Lachlan Lam 21. Sam Verrills

TL-CAN19.png

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Nick Cotric 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Michael Oldfield 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Jack Wighton 7. Sam Williams 8. Josh Papalii 9. Josh Hodgson 10. Dunamis Lui 11. Hudson Young 12. Elliot Whitehead 13. Ryan Sutton
Interchange: 14. Siliva Havili 15. Bailey Simonsson 16. Iosia Soliola 17. Corey Horsburgh 18. Aidan Sezer 19. Emre Guler 20. Royce Hunt 21. Jack Murchie

xoKyYW1.png

Referees: Gerard Sutton, Peter Gough
Sideline Officials: Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski, Michael Wise
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Ben Galea

Feeder club info
Roosters: North Sydney Bears (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup), Sydney Roosters (NSWRL: Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Raiders: Mounties (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup), Canberra Raiders (NSWRL: Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Match information for all competitions via https://leagueunlimited.com/quick-links​

Last edited by a moderator:

Tommy Smith

Referee
A real shame that Bateman is missing as it would've been an epic battle on that edge vs Lordner.

Tapine and Rapana are also big losses that will be felt in this match.

The Roosters are on a roll and will maintain the rage in a rare day game to win by 14.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
In all seriousness, we are a chance if Joey and Rapa are back. There could be some complacency creeping in at the chooks and I think theres a weakness with Latrell. He struggles to keep a lid on his anger, and if we can get under his skin we can get some penalties out of him and put him off his game. Then we need to minimise Teddys impact and frustrate them with our defence.

I think if we can hold them out for that first 20-30 where they blow teams off the park then we can go on with it. It's a real test for the new attitude in the team.

Of course if the Roosters decide to play 80 at their peak then theres no team on the planet that can beat them..

BadnMean

Juniors
Wouldn’t surprise me if Rapana plays and then his little mate Joey tags along and re-appears.

Latrell should have a poster of Joey on his wall- he wishes he could play like BJ. And I don’t mean sloppy and giving lip.

Joey to put Latrell in his place & raise the question why Joey-lite is even in origin instead of Joey Classic.

Timbo

Staff member
I have concerns without Bateman and Tapine. If they were in this could have been a truly epic forward battle.

The young blokes we've had come through have looked the goods, but I'm concerned there will just be a little bit too much of an experience gap for us to handle.

BadnMean

Juniors
I have concerns without Bateman and Tapine. If they were in this could have been a truly epic forward battle.

The young blokes we've had come through have looked the goods, but I'm concerned there will just be a little bit too much of an experience gap for us to handle.

Need to play Whitehead on the right where he ended up vs Panthers & rotate Young & Murchie through the left. At least they've both had a decent look at FG now & at the left they'll have Wighton & Toots around to support & direct. If they can hold their own defensively through enthusiasm we've got enough strike to squeak by.

I'm not confident of the win but knowing we still have our season trump card in Bateman + a real weapon in Tapine up our sleeve leaves me with a bit of hope for future encounters later in the year. Roosters are the benchmark, they are at where they need to be, the challenge is staying there. We're still on an upward curve & seeing where it can take us.

This Year?

Immortal
The Sombreros might need a larger cap so they don't get sunburnt, but in all seriousness this should be a fantastic game to watch.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Need to play Whitehead on the right where he ended up vs Panthers & rotate Young & Murchie through the left. At least they've both had a decent look at FG now & at the left they'll have Wighton & Toots around to support & direct. If they can hold their own defensively through enthusiasm we've got enough strike to squeak by.

I'm not confident of the win but knowing we still have our season trump card in Bateman + a real weapon in Tapine up our sleeve leaves me with a bit of hope for future encounters later in the year. Roosters are the benchmark, they are at where they need to be, the challenge is staying there. We're still on an upward curve & seeing where it can take us.
I agree with most of what you said, except we aren't even close to where we need to be.

We've barely got out of 2nd gear, and when we have the attack has put on 20-30 points in 15 minute periods. But then the boys go back to cruise mode.

That's what is scary for the opposition. We've been beating all the top 8 sides for 7 straight weeks whilst only playing great footy in small patches. And on top of that we've had lots of injuries.

Whilst going b2b is incredibly difficult I think the 2019 Roosters have the potential to reach rarified air and put their names down in history alongside the likes of the 75 Roosters, 94 Raiders and 98 Broncos IF they reach their potential come finals time.

Timbo

Staff member
I agree with most of what you said, except we aren't even close to where we need to be.

We've barely got out of 2nd gear, and when we have the attack has put on 20-30 points in 15 minute periods. But then the boys go back to cruise mode.

That's what is scary for the opposition. We've been beating all the top 8 sides for 7 straight weeks whilst only playing great footy in small patches. And on top of that we've had lots of injuries.

Whilst going b2b is incredibly difficult I think the 2019 Roosters have the potential to reach rarified air and put their names down in history alongside the likes of the 75 Roosters, 94 Raiders and 98 Broncos IF they reach their potential come finals time.

That's what worries me. Truthfully, I'd be this concerned if Tapine and Bateman weren't injured.

You guys are playing at a level that few sides have gotten to in the last decade or so. We at full strength have to be in fifth gear to match you when you're in third, and if you put it into fourth or fifth then it's really only a matter of can we keep the scoreline respectable.

adamkungl

Immortal
I was worried about this one, I think Canberra have something about them this year and we're definitely due.

But Bateman and Tapine out, Leilua and Rapana in doubt? Takes a lot of the sting out.

We *should* win with that injury list.

Valheru

Coach
Canberra is our current bogey side. Haven't beaten them in 4 years and 9 years away from Sydney albeit this is a neutral venue.

Cogburn

Juniors
Canberra is our current bogey side. Haven't beaten them in 4 years and 9 years away from Sydney albeit this is a neutral venue.
They're not our bogey side. Two of the three games we lost to them we should've won, they were all nothing games anyway. We should flog them this time.