What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Affiliated States Championship - Newsdesk

The Partisan

News / information seems a bit light on to be honest but I believe that the Championships are to be held in Darwin, NT from Thursday 6th – Monday 10th June.

Any other news or updates welcomed.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
NRLWA does a good job posting on it, I'll keep updating from their posts.

Womens affiliated state championships were held over Easter with Vic taking out the open and U16 titles.

Last edited:

The Partisan

Love the reply I got back from the NRL.

"
Thanks for your email.

We have been advised that the 2019 CAS Men’s Carnival will be played in Darwin, 7-9th of June.

Competition involves U18’s and Open Men’s. "

They've been advised ? By who - themselves ??? Who runs the tournament ???

Perth Red

Post Whore

"
Thanks for your email.

We have been advised that the 2019 CAS Men’s Carnival will be played in Darwin, 7-9th of June.

The tossers still call it affiliated states, despite the states now being a part of the NRL organisation. they've not been affiliated for 5 years!

greenBV4

Bench
The tossers still call it affiliated states, despite the states now being a part of the NRL organisation. they've not been affiliated for 5 years!

Yeah it's kinda degrading..

Although what else would you call it? For a couple of different things, I have tried to come up with another word to lump the "other/affiliate" states with but have so far failed to think of anything that sounds nice or official

"
Thanks for your email.

It's a shame that the NRL needs to be "advised" about details of this game, it should be actively helping to run and promote it and use it to help grow RL in these states but instead it wouldn't surprise me if most RL supporters in Vic (and probably the other states) didn't even know it existed

Perth Red

Post Whore
Emerging States
Expansion States
Development States

no shortage of options that would at least be semi accurate lol

Shark62

Juniors
Victorian playing numbers looking much higher this year including three men’s divisions. How are things going in Perth this year?

greenBV4

Bench
"This year the Vics will have an added advantage when they take on reigning champions WA in the form of two players – Jordan Stringer and James Aspden. The two men have both represented WA in the past and will have some knowledge as to how the Westerners prepare."

I guess it makes sense but I never realised it was a residents comp rather than a heritage one

Shark62

Juniors
"This year the Vics will have an added advantage when they take on reigning champions WA in the form of two players – Jordan Stringer and James Aspden. The two men have both represented WA in the past and will have some knowledge as to how the Westerners prepare."

I guess it makes sense but I never realised it was a residents comp rather than a heritage one
I saw the Comp in Adelaide about 6 years ago. WA and Vic were clearly better than the rest.
A mate of mine played for SA. Good hard player. Reckoned WA were like running into a concrete wall.

The Partisan

Yes always been a residency based eligibility. Would say most if not all of the teams have guys originally from Qld, NSW or NZ.

greenBV4

Bench
Yes always been a residency based eligibility. Would say most if not all of the teams have guys originally from Qld, NSW or NZ.
Would there be rules against someone like Slater strapping on the boots for Victoria? Not that he would just found it interesting

Similar to how in surfing you see alot of the pro and ex pros like Mick Fanning and Parko competing in the boardriders battles even though I doubt they compete much in their respective clubs

Perth Red

Post Whore
Would there be rules against someone like Slater strapping on the boots for Victoria? Not that he would just found it interesting

Similar to how in surfing you see alot of the pro and ex pros like Mick Fanning and Parko competing in the boardriders battles even though I doubt they compete much in their respective clubs

You have to play in the state Comp.

Latest posts