What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 4th Test Australia v England, Old Trafford Sept 4-9

TheParraboy

Staff member
There is a tour match before this test Aug 29 - 2nd Sept v Derbyshire

When Starc was interviewed I think he said himself , Nesser and Siddle are itching to play in this tour game, so all our test bowlers rested.

Smith will be rushed back, possibly Khawaja misses out? Might be the only change?

jargan83

Coach
England will win the series now, no way does our mentally fragile side come back from last night and Steve Smith can’t carry the side forever.

JW

Coach
As much as blasted these blokes in the wee hours, I still think England’s shitness (and they are still shit, despite stokes) will keep us in the this series. Hopefully they can pull it off.

Bazal

Post Whore
There's a lotta boys hurtin' tonight....

Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Labradoodle
Head
The Unflushable One (f**k I wish we had Burns or KP)
Paine
Cummins
Pattinson/Starc
Lyon
Haze

bazza

Immortal
There's a lotta boys hurtin' tonight....

Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Labradoodle
Head
The Unflushable One (f**k I wish we had Burns or KP)
Paine
Cummins
Pattinson/Starc
Lyon
Haze
I think labuschagne at 3 for a bit of stability at the top. I'd keep Harris at opener and put Kwaja at 6 for Wade

Matt23

Staff member
Warner
Harris
Labuschagne
Smith
Head
Wade (the gnome may get Marsh picked)
Paine
Cummins
Pattinson/Starc
Lyon
Hazelwood
Khawaja can f*ck right off.

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Probably time to give Starc a game. He can replace Pattinson who bowled a fair bit of rubbish last night and needs a spell. Smith in for whoever, take your pick, we only have two good batsmen so any of the other four.

Australia to win comfortably, they are just a much better side than England with Smith back.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'm out of patience with Khawaja. Luscious Lab takes his spot with Smith at 4 although I think they move Lazy Khawaja to open and axe Harris.

Can't see any more changes because tbh there's no one to replace the dead wood of Paine and Wade with.

simmo1

First Grade
Unfortunately, I'dbe very surprised if Marsh doesn't get picked.

Starc and probably Siddle will play too in the name of rotation. Could have used some Starc yorkers last night...

Basically, I expect a bunch of panic selections.

Eelectrica

Referee
My team for what it's worth (not much)
1. Warner - Hasn't been displaced, scored a few runs and took some nice catches
2. Khawaja - Marginally better than Harris and Bancroft. So is a mouldy sandwich, but still.
3. Lab - Please just keep doing what you're doing. Get a good partnership with Smith going and he'll talk you through reaching 3 figures.
4. Smith - Please don't come back broken.
5. Head - Done enough and honestly, no one is putting there hand up to displace him
6. Wade/Marsh - I get the feeling that they'll be duking it out in the tour match for this spot.
7. Carey - Better than Wade and Paine.
8. Cummins - 'nuff said. Still needs to get better at bowling to the tail.
9. Starc - A good tour game and I think he's back in the team. Patterson 0 wickets in the second innings. Bowled senseless bouncers to Leach. Why?
10 Hazlewood. Had a pretty good game. Got taken down by Stokes in one over, but could have got his wicket too. Also actually tried to bowl Leach so that's a plus.
11 Lyon. Has to bounce back from the disappointment, but he had the wicket we wanted, but between a blind umpire and a stupid captain missed out.
12 Paine. He can set fields and change bowlers from boundary for all I care. He's done. It was a nice story, but it's over.

Matt23

Staff member
Marsh will be in for Wade, the Gnomes nepotism will see to that, and I'd have Starc in as well, his yorkers would've come in handy last night as others have mentioned.
I'd be dropping Khawaja, his soft dismissals after the fall of an early wicket, almost guarantee were 2 for in no time

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I agree with Starc's yorkers being handy, Pattinson keeps it tight but hasn't looked threatening.

They're not going to bring Carey from outside of the squad unless Paine has his arm bitten off by a rogue squirrel

Bazal

Post Whore
If Siddle plays I'm going to neck a full bottle of Nyquil and sleep for the whole test match

lockyno1

Post Whore
Unfortunately, I'dbe very surprised if Marsh doesn't get picked.

Starc and probably Siddle will play too in the name of rotation. Could have used some Starc yorkers last night...

Basically, I expect a bunch of panic selections.

Weirdly I wouldn’t mind Marsh coming back we need less left handers in our side Broad is killing us.

There is a positive for us in the defeat by the Poms and that is Ben Stokes Dad was a Rugby League international and a Rugby league coach and Ben Stokes played junior Rugby League

Pete Cash

Post Whore
So we have some good choices at the top of the order. For opener we have

1. Man who will get out to broad within 10 balls
2. The merkin averaging 20 in England over 3 tours and one of the worst away averages for a top order batsman this decade
3. a man with negative footwork but a reputation for surviving balls in shield cricket
4. a weird looking merkin who had a mediocre first class career until he rocked up to victoria where he scores 100s on the flat MCG