What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Bench Utility Player

Dragonslayer

First Grade
At this point in time its very difficult to even guess who will be our #17.

Mann isn't confirmed as going yet.
We are supposedly interested in Hayne or Norman or whoever to fill a void in our backline. Signing one will create a domino effect imo. If one of them play fullback then Dufty to ?

One thing for certain is that one of Mann (if he stays), Dufty, Robson (who should be the #17 in reality) or Field. The other 3 bench spots are pretty much set with K.Sims, Lawrie and Leilua.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I would much rather Dufty at fullback than Norman.

As for the utility, I would have Aitken penciled in for that role. He could come on and play in the forwards. I think he would be better than Mann at playing in the forwards. He could also cover centre if a back got injured. I doubt that Mann will be here next year.

The question is, do we actually need to go in with a utility that can cover the backline in case of injury? Are we better off going in with 4 genuine forwards on the bench? If a forward gets injured early in the game and we have someone like Mann on the bench, we are effectively down to only 2 reserve forwards. The other option is to play Robson on the bench. I know he can play backrow, but I see him as an out and out hooker.

If we got Norman, I would play him halfback and move Hunt to hooker. If that was the case, then I would definitely have Robson on the bench. He could give Hunt a rest and if there was an injury to a back, then Hunt could go to halfback or 5/8 and Widdop could be moved to either fullback or centre if there was an injury to a fullback, centre or winger.

nontime111

Juniors
great work!! Ive been thinking this all week...I do like Aitken, just not at centre....I think hed be a gun 17 as hes so strong can really break the line, and could cover in both the forwards or backs better than Mann

blacksafake

First Grade
At this point in time its very difficult to even guess who will be our #17.

Mann isn't confirmed as going yet.
We are supposedly interested in Hayne or Norman or whoever to fill a void in our backline. Signing one will create a domino effect imo. If one of them play fullback then Dufty to ?

One thing for certain is that one of Mann (if he stays), Dufty, Robson (who should be the #17 in reality) or Field. The other 3 bench spots are pretty much set with K.Sims, Lawrie and Leilua.
Pretty much agree but I reckon L plate will still use Latimore because he’s experienced & he knows what he’ll get. Not that I agree:worried:

BLM01

First Grade
Need someone that can fill in for the halves..so Mann..but when he goes...god knows, Field cant defend for long periods. I guess we better recruit a utility :rolleyes:
And if Mary lets JDB anywhere near being a ball player again where he gets tired or lazy in the 2nd half again I will scream. Get him back doing the hard running and ball playing through the line if he needs to for 80. Just watch Sims and Frizz. He did not do it at SOO. :mad:

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Kurt Mann owns that spot.
If he leaves it will be another little scrappy skinny bloke like Mann.
Paul likes the idea of a little back in the forwards.

possm

Coach
Kurt Mann owns that spot.
If he leaves it will be another little scrappy skinny bloke like Mann.
Paul likes the idea of a little back in the forwards.

My goodness, are you on a first name basis with Mary?

TomRedVRiver

Bench
McInnes quite obviously needs a rest this year, particularly towards the end of the year approaching finals. Robson coming off the bench for 20-30 minutes a game would offer us a great POD in attack and also give Cam the rest that he needs. We don't need him on the field for 80 minutes week in week out.

It's Robbo's time, he's shown MORE than enough in ISP.

Latest posts