What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Bench Utility Player

possm

Coach
Haynes manager apparently approached us dont think dragons are interested because of upcoming court appearance which could be in America hearing from a mate in the know we could be getting french

If Hayne does not come it will be because Millward did not negotiate a good enough deal. I man offering 500k to a player currently on 700k is not the way to go. If we need extra cap, let Aitken go and sign Hayne.

The court case is not until 2020 and Hayne's lawyer will settle way before then. So nothing to do with the court case. All to do with the Dragons offer. I'd say we could get Hayne for 600k for 2019 with an option in the club's favour for a second year at 700k. If he knocks that back he is kidding himself.

red rocket

Juniors
If Hayne does not come it will be because Millward did not negotiate a good enough deal. I man offering 500k to a player currently on 700k is not the way to go. If we need extra cap, let Aitken go and sign Hayne.

The court case is not until 2020 and Hayne's lawyer will settle way before then. So nothing to do with the court case. All to do with the Dragons offer. I'd say we could get Hayne for 600k for 2019 with an option in the club's favour for a second year at 700k. If he knocks that back he is kidding himself.
Possum tele today said court case end of Jan possibly in america

Frank Facer

First Grade

Possm, We should definitely not be meeting Haynes asking price. I said that 450K a season would be the max we should pay him. Definitely no higher than 500K a season. There is too much risk associated with Hayne.

gitano

Juniors
We won't be signing Hayne.

Getting the services of '9' (our big off season signing) will be it

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
At this point in time its very difficult to even guess who will be our #17.

Mann isn't confirmed as going yet.
We are supposedly interested in Hayne or Norman or whoever to fill a void in our backline. Signing one will create a domino effect imo. If one of them play fullback then Dufty to ?

One thing for certain is that one of Mann (if he stays), Dufty, Robson (who should be the #17 in reality) or Field. The other 3 bench spots are pretty much set with K.Sims, Lawrie and Leilua.

Kurt Mann has been crucified by the Dragons- he has the footwork, strength and defence to be our number one centre- way ahead of Aitken and more consistent than Lafai. When SGI were being smashed last year, particularly against Melbourne, he was one of the few who defended well and tried his heart out. If SGI don't try and fend off Newcastle, it will be a disgrace.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Kurt Mann has been crucified by the Dragons- he has the footwork, strength and defence to be our number one centre- way ahead of Aitken and more consistent than Lafai. When SGI were being smashed last year, particularly against Melbourne, he was one of the few who defended well and tried his heart out. If SGI don't try and fend off Newcastle, it will be a disgrace.

I believe the club should keep him but if I was Kurt Mann I'd go tomorrow. He has been butchered by us. If he leaves he will be one player I will always support no matter who he plays for......well maybe not if he plays for Cronulla, the Roosters or the Bulldogs but hopefully he stays. Oh but if he goes we might be able to buy Norman or Hayne! Gee wouldn't that be good ? Losing a player who always gives 110% and will play wherever the needs him to play compared to two players who play well when it suits them and who help develop a dubious culture.

Latest posts