What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 College Football Season

Valheru

Coach
Miami v Florida to kick things off at 9:30 eastern then the rest of the week 1 slate next week.

Hard to see anything other than Clemson and bama in the championship game at this stage but anything can happen.

Looking at the rankings I like number 11 Oregon as a real chance to make the CFP. With their schedule if they finish as a 1 loss team they definitely get in, maybe even with 2 losses.

T-Boon

Coach
That Miami v Florida game was scrappy to the extreme and the Miami o-line looks concerning but that is why I love college football. A great mix of athleticism, skill, play making and baffling errors. And throw in phenomenal crowds. The highest level of sport in the world that hasn't been contaminated by professionalism (I know, I know). That Florida QB getting all hyped by the crowd then going out and exploding his brains into an interception would never happen in pro sport.

T-Boon

Coach
Ready can’t wait

Also can’t see anyone but Clemson winning the big one

That's a big call. I can see Bama or Georgia putting up some resistance...
My hot take for the season is that Trevor Lawrence has a couple of bad games and that Clemson have a 10-2 regular season (I'll go look at their schedule to work out which 2 they lose I do think they have an easy schedule).
Edit: I can only see one lose-able game on their schedule being Texas A&M week 2 they struggle against Syracuse but I cant see that happening this season.

Last edited:

Vozzy

Juniors
Anyone here watch the Netflix series QB1. I just watched the first season. The player Tate Martell had one of the greatest high school careers never losing a game. He was picked up by Ohio State. Funny how just one level up is now at Miami and can't get a look at the starting job. This guy was a complete tosser and up himself though and you wanted to see him get smashed.

T-Boon

Coach
Alabama LB Dylan Moses is out for the season. Was likely to be a first round draft pick. No doubt Saban has a 5 star LB to fill the void but still got to hurt.

T-Boon

Coach
UCLA @ Cincinnati today. Apart from Chip Kelly coaching I don't know anything about these two programs. The UCLA QB will probably be talented and play in the NFL a few years from now.

Then this afternoon the holy way, Utah v BYU.

Tom155

Coach
Oregon get absolutely stuffed on 4th down, not even close

Auburn takes over with 5 minutes left down 1

Tom155

Coach
Auburn scores a TD with 9 seconds left to win coming back from 15 points down.

They completely shut down Herbert and the Oregon offence as the game went on.

Credit to Auburn’s freshman QB Bo Nix he struggled early but got better as the game progressed throwing the game winning TD.

T-Boon

Coach
After week 1 the top contenders are much as they were. In my opinion Oklahoma is on the rise. While the game was still live their defence looked good. If they get that side of the ball sorted then look out. The Irish had a pretty unimpressive win over Louisville.
Texas A&M v Clemson this weekend should be a ripper. That said Clemson will probably curb stomp them. Even if Texas A&M spring the upset Clemson will probably go on to make the play offs.
The other big game is Texas v LSU. Lets go Texas.

Latest posts