What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

When is the Knights game scheduled? Panthers is 6pm Friday. So good to see clubs try something

Sunday 2pm.

If only the NRL could get in to bed with a major airline and a major hotel chain and encourage massive members discount packages, people could take weekends away too.

franklin2323

Immortal
Sunday 2pm.

If only the NRL could get in to bed with a major airline and a major hotel chain and encourage massive members discount packages, people could take weekends away too.

look at last night. $36 for GA in a bad timeslot.. So clubs can do more than they are despite the bad timeslot

greenBV4

Bench
Its good to see the Titans trying to encourage more people to games that need it, and even better to see them planning it in advance and explaining it to members, ensuring them that it is still cheaper per game for a membership.

I've noticed lately that there's a fair few "angry/upset" storm members in the comments sections of Facebook for the recent deals that have been given for games (the tickets for Billy's stand and 50% off tight-arse Tuesday the other day).

And I guess thats the trade off, clubs can't just go out mid-season and make every ticket cheaper to try sell more tickets, because they have to keep their members happy. The only way to do it is to explain to the members first, and if it becomes a reoccurring thing, look at also lowing ticketed membership prices. At the end of the day if there is that many "deals" that it ends up cheaper per game than a membership, we will start seeing a rise in crowd averages but a drop in ticketed memberships (not that we can see the split between ticketed and non-ticketed anyway)

adamkungl

Immortal
Poor crowd and Roosters must take steps to address or at least alleviate the many criticisms fans have of the SCG.
Start with ticket pricing and work from there.

That said, no worse than Souths, Dragons and Tigers have already drawn in more favourable conditions.

Generalzod

Immortal
Poor crowd and Roosters must take steps to address or at least alleviate the many criticisms fans have of the SCG.

That said, no worse than Souths, Dragons and Tigers have already drawn in more favourable conditions.
I don't know but do most Rooster supporters live the Eastern Suburbs???

BTown324

Juniors
NRL clubs put too much focus on numbers of members and not enough on seeing those members go to games.

Membership should include a discounted tier system so if you attend 12 games you get 12% season tickets next year. 10 games attended 10% off and so forth.

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors
NRL clubs put too much focus on numbers of members and not enough on seeing those members go to games.

Membership should include a discounted tier system so if you attend 12 games you get 12% season tickets next year. 10 games attended 10% off and so forth.

You could also layer that with loyalty rewards for continued support. I know a team down here gave discounts to members this year as a reward for sticking with them while they sucked ass (still do). Fair gesture to keep supporters engaged with the team.

some11

Referee

I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to watch a rugby league match at a cricket ground.

For the NRL to say they will play Grand Finals there when whatever happens with ANZ happens is a disgrace.

greenBV4

Bench
I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to watch a rugby league match at a cricket ground.

For the NRL to say they will play Grand Finals there when whatever happens with ANZ happens is a disgrace.
From my experience watching origin at the MCG, It wasn't that bad, for bigger games, the atmosphere made up for it. But for club games with 9k people, would've been horrible

If the GF has to be played in Sydney, where else would you hold it? WSS and give up the extra 20k possible ticket sales?

adamkungl

Immortal

The NRL should take the Grand Final on the road for the 2 years ANZ will be out of action.
But it's being used as a sweetener to ensure the NSW Government follows through.

Ticket prices will be (even more) outrageous than usual due to the lower capacity.

Quicksilver

Bench
It would be a much better venue for a Grand Final than for a mid-week club match.

I'm actually kind of excited for a GF there. Not because it's good, just for the change and the historical context.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Last night my SL club played and had a bring a mate for a fiver deal, they got above their avg crowd for the game. I really dont understand why clubs playing in much larger capacity stadiums than they need arent doing deals and offers as often as possible to get more people in. They arent losing anything by doing so. Every Thursday night game should be kids for a $1 and bring a friend for $10 deals.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Its good to see the Titans trying to encourage more people to games that need it, and even better to see them planning it in advance and explaining it to members, ensuring them that it is still cheaper per game for a membership.

I've noticed lately that there's a fair few "angry/upset" storm members in the comments sections of Facebook for the recent deals that have been given for games (the tickets for Billy's stand and 50% off tight-arse Tuesday the other day).

And I guess thats the trade off, clubs can't just go out mid-season and make every ticket cheaper to try sell more tickets, because they have to keep their members happy. The only way to do it is to explain to the members first, and if it becomes a reoccurring thing, look at also lowing ticketed membership prices. At the end of the day if there is that many "deals" that it ends up cheaper per game than a membership, we will start seeing a rise in crowd averages but a drop in ticketed memberships (not that we can see the split between ticketed and non-ticketed anyway)

Like I mentioned above, the way to deal with that is to offer to memebrs deals to bring family and friends. That way the members are actually getting value add and they may convert a few mates to become members. Id have bring a mate for $10 (as many as you like) for these crappy games

Quicksilver

Bench
Last night my SL club played and had a bring a mate for a fiver deal, they got above their avg crowd for the game. I really dont understand why clubs playing in much larger capacity stadiums than they need arent doing deals and offers as often as possible to get more people in. They arent losing anything by doing so. Every Thursday night game should be kids for a $1 and bring a friend for $10 deals.

They are though. If they get a bigger crowd they need more security, staff, cleaners etc.

Plus, it probably devalues the regular games if a family comes to this game instead of a Saturday paying full price.

Do Junior Leaguers still get free tickets?

Valheru

Coach

If you look at our first 4 home games being:

South's - Friday night
Broncos - Thursday night
ANZAC Day
Tigers - Sat night

If members/supporters were going to miss one of those it is easy to see which is the least appealing. As a game we want way higher crowds than last night but in context 9.3k is is better than other crowds this season.

Perth Red

Post Whore
They are though. If they get a bigger crowd they need more security, staff, cleaners etc.

Plus, it probably devalues the regular games if a family comes to this game instead of a Saturday paying full price.

Do Junior Leaguers still get free tickets?

Thats the stadiums issue not the clubs. Generally clubs have a set hire rate for the stadium, regardless of how many show up. It doesn't devalue regular games, what it is saying is we recognise this isnt the best time to come to a game so we are going to compensate that by making it cheaper. A lot of events have a tiered pricing system depending on premium of time the event is on.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If you look at our first 4 home games being:

South's - Friday night
Broncos - Thursday night
ANZAC Day
Tigers - Sat night

If members/supporters were going to miss one of those it is easy to see which is the least appealing. As a game we want way higher crowds than last night but in context 9.3k is is better than other crowds this season.

Part of that context though is performance. Roosters are on fire. If ever there was a time to get off the sofa and go and enjoy your club winning it is now for Roosters fans!