What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

M2D2

Bench
Yes

It wasn't that cold
Ha. Bullshit.
Silly argument.
Temp at 8.00 pm was 7.9 with an apparent temp of 3.9. Winds of 13 km/h
Temp at 9.30 pm was 5.0 deg's with an apparent temp of 1.7. Winds of 9 km/h.

What is cold for some isn't necessarily cold for others. To me, that would feel pretty cold, but we all know there have been plenty of colder nights than that for Raiders games.
As I said, it's a pointless argument because everyone will have a different opinion as to what is cold and what isn't. Also someone who is appropriately dressed may feel warmer that someone who isn't.
The whole discussion is very subjective.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDN60801/IDN60801.94926.shtml
Note: this page will update and the figures will be off the page in a few days.
Not really. You even provided that it was under 4 degrees at kick off.
At ground level i was worried that 3 layers it wasnt enough, by the time i got to my seat, high in the grandstand, 3 layers was too much. When i left after the game and was back at ground level, it was cold.
You could even see it in the sharks players who couldnt catch til they warmed up.

Valheru

Coach
Ha. Bullshit.

What evidence do you require?

I was there. Believe it, don't believe it, it doesn't matter.

I am not saying it was warm, just not so cold relative to other Canberra games. I have been colder at shark park.

Suitman

Post Whore
Ha. Bullshit.

Not really. You even provided that it was under 4 degrees at kick off.
At ground level i was worried that 3 layers it wasnt enough, by the time i got to my seat, high in the grandstand, 3 layers was too much. When i left after the game and was back at ground level, it was cold.
You could even see it in the sharks players who couldnt catch til they warmed up.

But I also agreed with you. For me, those temps would be cold, but I live in Sydney.
Valheru said he didn't think it felt cold, and to him, it may not have.
And the "feels like" temp at kick off was under 4. The actual temp was almost 8.
It's all in the perception. My point was that everyone's perception is different. There's no right or wrong, or it is or isn't.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That's not TOO bad.
I don't know what ALF is on in Melbourne this arvo, nor do I care.
The transport issue may have kept it down a bit.
1:45 game was in Townsville, 4:35 game in Perth. Believe the game tonight is at Docklands but doesnt start til 7:30
Really? It looks way fuller than 55% on TV.
The side the cameras are on - almost always quite empty on the top deck.

M2D2

Bench
What evidence do you require?

I was there. Believe it, don't believe it, it doesn't matter.

I am not saying it was warm, just not so cold relative to other Canberra games. I have been colder at shark park.
Ive been looking at this post for a while, ive been a ticketed member at Cronulla for over 10 years.
And im trying to remember a time in cronulla colder than than thursday, and i can only one i think of one. So....youre not wrong.
But I also agreed with you. For me, those temps would be cold, but I live in Sydney.
Valheru said he didn't think it felt cold, and to him, it may not have.
And the "feels like" temp at kick off was under 4. The actual temp was almost 8.
It's all in the perception. My point was that everyone's perception is different. There's no right or wrong, or it is or isn't.
Yeah i live in Sydney too. It was cold by my standards.

Tallon Smith

Juniors
Where are the 50,000 who marched in Sydney to get them back in the competition? When did Andrew Denton last go to a game?
Reading through rugby league tables today, saw 53,146 in 1969 was Souths' highest crowd v dragons. Why can't Souths v Dragons in Round 19, Friday Night at 7:45pm get 50k???

Chook Norris

First Grade
That’s pretty eh and would have been what they used to get at the old stadium.

I'd say new stadium added about 3-4k. I was there tonight. Great stadium and atmosphere is great even with stadium half full. I will say though that I expected the new stadium to average 20k + for them. That first game seems to be a total outlier dragging that up