What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

taipan

Referee
Based on recent figures and over the last few years ,think 17.000 is the comfort /safety zone sellout figure.

Billythekid

First Grade
I went with just one person, compared to 6 who’d regularly come if Richmond weren’t playing

Rugby League isn’t the states number 1 sport. It never will be.

Call us a one team town all you like but we do compete with AFL whether you’d like to acknowledge that or not.

I agree - 12k isn’t the best but if that’s our worst of the season then we’re doing alright.

If you ever find yourself responding to a sharks fan in this thread you might as well delete your post. There’s no point attempting any serious discussion as this thread is only for trolling at this point.

greenBV4

Bench
It's for kids.

I have been told that extra tickets have been released for this game after it being a sellout earlier today.

Source: I was told. So don't quote me on it.

Why do venues do this, People hear thats its a sell out and don't go looking for tickets, they then release more tickets (that should of been available in the first place) but not everyone hears about it, because they've given up looking for tickets, and voila, no more sell out

taipan

Referee
It's for kids.

I have been told that extra tickets have been released for this game after it being a sellout earlier today.

Source: I was told. So don't quote me on it.

Just as long as you weren't quoting Danny Weidler, who is always "hearing" something.

Big Moose

Juniors
I went with just one person, compared to 6 who’d regularly come if Richmond weren’t playing

Rugby League isn’t the states number 1 sport. It never will be.

Call us a one team town all you like but we do compete with AFL whether you’d like to acknowledge that or not.

I agree - 12k isn’t the best but if that’s our worst of the season then we’re doing alright.

I just can’t see how we’ll ever get consistent attendances over 20k at games in Melbourne, this era is as good as it can get with the biggest stars in that side for 10+ years. I think it gets down to the NRL, they don’t invest into schools or local community like other not to be mentioned codes do in their expansion markets. Perhaps being at the top all the time leads to complacency and lack of excitement.
In fairness to the Storm an RL overall, there is SFA respect shown to the game by the biased gutter journos in that state, and thats something the world game and as Andrew Bogut pointed out, basketball suffers from also. The RL fans in Melbourne are loyal though small in number.

Stallion

First Grade
I just can’t see how we’ll ever get consistent attendances over 20k at games in Melbourne, this era is as good as it can get with the biggest stars in that side for 10+ years. I think it gets down to the NRL, they don’t invest into schools or local community like other not to be mentioned codes do in their expansion markets. Perhaps being at the top all the time leads to complacency and lack of excitement.
In fairness to the Storm an RL overall, there is SFA respect shown to the game by the biased gutter journos in that state, and thats something the world game and as Andrew Bogut pointed out, basketball suffers from also. The RL fans in Melbourne are loyal though small in number.

A few years ago on a visit to Melbourne, I asked a ten year old boy whether their was a rugby league club in the area that was located I'm the 2nd last train stop on the line. He said their was a junior rugby league club. This tells me that junior development is taking place despite the low profile of rugby-league in the Melbourne media.

carcharias

Immortal
Give the storm 5 shit years in a row .
Then we’ll see the how popular they really are.
It’s a bloody tough gig getting people to go and watch a team go like shit.

Latest posts