What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Dally M Awards

Noise

Coach
It's going to be a split decision between Moses & Tedesco. Moses would have picked up top or second place in each of our back half wins, whilst there is plenty of competition at the Rorters.
Im tipping moses
Teddy would have picked up 2-3 points in each of their wins too. Their best player every week. Teddy will win easily by 5 + points

Last edited:

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I don’t even think Moses is a certainty for halfback tbh... Pearce got 6-7 moms in a row at one stage, he was dogshit later in the season but that’s 18+ points just there would be a fair effort to get in front of him

Gronk

Staff member
I don’t even think Moses is a certainty for halfback tbh... Pearce got 6-7 moms in a row at one stage, he was dogshit later in the season but that’s 18+ points just there would be a fair effort to get in front of him
Happy to be corrected here, but I think the positions gongs are selected by a panel, however the POTY goes off allocated points per game.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Was it @Gronk that suggested that Dally Messenger wasn't real? I thought someone on here said it once. Or maybe it was my wife?

Either way, I think he could be made up, like climate change.

Maybe @Hollywood Jesus can confirm?

Gronk

Staff member
Was it @Gronk that suggested that Dally Messenger wasn't real? I thought someone on here said it once. Or maybe it was my wife?

Either way, I think he could be made up, like climate change.

Maybe @Hollywood Jesus can confirm?
Yes, this is my personal conspiracy theory.

Dally Messenger was a real merkin, but News Ltd inflated and glorified his achievements so that they could create the Dally M awards via their afternoon rag the Daily Mirror.

Ask any merkin on the street and Dally Messenger = Don Bradman. I call bullshit.

Dally Messenger was a real merkin, but News Ltd inflated and glorified his achievements so that they could create the Dally M awards via their afternoon rag the Daily Mirror.

Ask any merkin on the street and Dally Messenger = Don Bradman. I call bullshit.

Ha. I just read "the master" a book written by his grandson. Greatest load of fairy tales since Hans Christian Andersen.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Happy to be corrected here, but I think the positions gongs are selected by a panel, however the POTY goes off allocated points per game.

Not 100% sure either but I believe they have changed it now so that it is total accumulated points.. there was a few disputes a couple of years ago with people getting in to the team based on reputation alone not what they had achieved that year

84 Baby

Referee
Not 100% sure either but I believe they have changed it now so that it is total accumulated points.. there was a few disputes a couple of years ago with people getting in to the team based on reputation alone not what they had achieved that year
It’s a tough one because outside backs rarely poll any points so it’s either Tom Trbfhcdevic wins winger of the year or someone like Feki has a single runaway game and destroys a team and gets 3 points which are enough for him to win.
But then on flip side, Cronk plays a dozen games and selectors remember peak Cronk, while Moses plays every game, a bit up and down but is pivotal in getting us to finals

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Fair enough. You are probably right.

emjaycee

Coach
What if there is a position where no one scores points all year?

84 Baby

Referee
What if there is a position where no one scores points all year?
I’ve already covered that. Tom Trvcdhfsevic wins it if it’s a back, Taumolololololololo wins if it’s a forward.
If there’s still dispute, Slater, Thurston & #CAMGILLIONAIRE enter a 3 man sack race. 2nd prize is a diamond encrusted Rolls Royce (from Greenberg), 3rd prize is a pearl necklace (for Greenberg)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Tallest hair?

u-g-F4TDH00.jpg

Gronk

Staff member
How is it possible that the player who scores the most tries fails to be nominated for winger of the year ?

Winger of the Year nominees
  • Blake Ferguson (Parramatta Eels)
  • Daniel Tupou (Sydney Roosters)
  • Edrick Lee (Newcastle Knights)
  • Josh Addo-Carr (Melbourne Storm)
  • Ken Maumalo (New Zealand Warriors)

Noise

Coach
How is it possible that the player who scores the most tries fails to be nominated for winger of the year ?

Winger of the Year nominees
  • Blake Ferguson (Parramatta Eels)
  • Daniel Tupou (Sydney Roosters)
  • Edrick Lee (Newcastle Knights)
  • Josh Addo-Carr (Melbourne Storm)
  • Ken Maumalo (New Zealand Warriors)
Yea it's pretty f**ked. Someone posted (no idea if true) that because he is nominated for rookie of the year he can't be nominated for winger of the year????

Edit: Nope, Haas is nominated for prop of the year

Last edited:

Latest posts