What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

Fangs

Coach
Him and Tamou starting props would help the poor starts. Even if he only plays the start of the game

I agree.

I know there is some history with Grant and Cleary but that may be our best starting rotation.

RCG was a monster off the bench. And taking away his starting position should hopefully fire him up.

franklin2323

Immortal
I agree.

I know there is some history with Grant and Cleary but that may be our best starting rotation.

RCG was a monster off the bench. And taking away his starting position should hopefully fire him up.

50 mins off the bench from RCG when the game is opened up. He can get that form of 2017 back that got him his test jersey.

Let others do the ugly work early

mxlegend99

Referee
Why is Ciro a "frontrunner" for the Sharks head coach job
The better question is why isn't Hook?

Not a fan of Hook obviously. But really don't see why Sharks have considered average and/or inexperienced coaches while an experienced coach who hates the Panthers isn't considered at all.

I don't rate Hook. But he's easily a better option than Trent Barrett atleast. We were painted as bad guys for sacking him... yet no one else is interested in him.

I think Hook would be a perfect fit for a club who seems to have an axe to grind with us.

Exsilium

First Grade

Not a fan of Hook obviously. But really don't see why Sharks have considered average and/or inexperienced coaches while an experienced coach who hates the Panthers isn't considered at all.

I don't rate Hook. But he's easily a better option than Trent Barrett atleast. We were painted as bad guys for sacking him... yet no one else is interested in him.

I think Hook would be a perfect fit for a club who seems to have an axe to grind with us.

He has a commitment with the Waratahs at the moment.

I’d bet that once the Eels fail and Arthur gets punted then that’s where we will see hook pop up.

The sharks are an administrative basket case at the moment. For any coach it could be disasterous.

franklin2323

Immortal

Depends on what you want from a coach though. He isn't a coach for a top 4 team. As mentioned above would be perfect for a team wanting to clean it up and get kids in like Parra.

Ciraldo knew the guys. John Morris is the same with Sharks so I think he keeps it

betcats

Referee

Because he struggles to work with people. How many bad relationships did he have at Penrith in 3 years? Gus, Moylan, Seggy for sure. Phillips quit because he was completely unused. Ciro wanted out for the same reason. He was at odds with the medical staff at one point.

TheFrog

Coach
Because he struggles to work with people. How many bad relationships did he have at Penrith in 3 years? Gus, Moylan, Seggy for sure. Phillips quit because he was completely unused. Ciro wanted out for the same reason. He was at odds with the medical staff at one point.
It's over, he's gone, he won't come back. Time to let go.

Maybe he doesn't want to coach in the NRL at this time. One could hardly blame him.

TheFrog

Coach
Why is Ciro a "frontrunner" for the Sharks head coach job
Unless there is a plan for I Cleary to take over the role currently occupied by P Gould, its hard to see how C Ciraldo has a path to a head coaching position for quite some time while remaining at Panthers. So really, we should expect him to ask for a release at any time, as he'd come at a bargain price.

BxTom

Bench

If Panthers paid him out, it may be a condition of the payout that he doesn't coach an NRL team for the period covered.

franklin2323

Immortal

Look at the list. Barrett is one coach I can comfortably say is worse then both Ivan and hook. Strange no Toovey mentioned though maybe they want a young guy hence Barrett and the limited FG experience

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Look at the list. Barrett is one coach I can comfortably say is worse then both Ivan and hook. Strange no Toovey mentioned though maybe they want a young guy hence Barrett and the limited FG experience

Maybe it's Cronulla having lack of funds is the reason. Maybe the're looking for a bargain basement coach.

betcats

Referee

It doesn’t matter how good you are(hook is shit anyway) if you’re a prick who won’t work with people you wont get an nrl head coaching job. Plus they have Moylan who hates the bloke. Griffins Rep would be absolutely shot in nrl circles IMO.

Don’t forget he rubbished a lot of work done atpanthers before he got here and also took credit for a lot of hard work other people did. That pissed a lot of people at the club off, they would’ve talked about it. Nrl ceos and boards would have taken note of that.

He’s just not good enough and he pisses people off, hence the fact no other club has gone near him.

Last edited:

Latest posts