What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 FW3 Sat - Roosters 14-6 Storm @ SCG

Finals Week 3: Roosters v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2019 - Finals Week 3
Sydney Roosters v Melbourne Storm
Sydney Cricket Ground, Moore Park (TICKETS)
Saturday 28 September 2019

Kickoff 7:50pm

TL-SYD19.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Latrell Mitchell 4. Joseph Manu 5. Brett Morris 6. Luke Keary 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Isaac Liu 9. Sam Verrills 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Victor Radley
Interchange: 14. Angus Crichton 15. Zane Tetevano 16. Nat Butcher 17. Lindsay Collins 18. Sitili Tupouniua 19. Drew Hutchison 20. Jake Friend 21. Ryan Hall

TL-MEL20.png

1. Ryan Papenhuyzen 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. Curtis Scott 4. Justin Olam 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Brandon Smith 15. Tui Kamikamica 16. Max King 17. Will Chambers 18. Marion Seve 19. Joe Stimson 20. Tino Faasuamaleaui 21. Sandor Earl

xoKyYW1.png

Referees: Gerard Sutton, Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Belinda Sharpe, Nick Beashel
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Ben Galea

Last edited by a moderator:

ram raid

Bench
One for the purists out there. The broadcasters might not be excited about this game but any true footy fan should be.

The Roosters should be favourites, but Melb can win, especially with Eats sans JWH.

SBD82

Coach
Hopefully a less one sided affair than last years GF.

If they both bring their best, should be a cracking game.

Eelectrica

Referee
These teams combined for for worst grand final ever. Hopefully this game is better to watch.

Cam Smith delivers the best losing grand final speech's though. So Storm win then lose the GF?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Hopefully a less one sided affair than last years GF.

If they both bring their best, should be a cracking game.
If we bring our best then Melbourne should save time and not leave the departure lounge.

When they beat us by 2 in Adelaide we didn't have JWH then either. But we also didn't have Luke Keary who is our key player by a million miles. Latrell was at 5/8. We didn't have Verrills or Friend at hooker and Rads wasn't at lock. Oh and BMoz was at centre.

It was a frankenstein 17 that still almost won.

SBD82

Coach
If we bring our best then Melbourne should save time and not leave the departure lounge.

When they beat us by 2 in Adelaide we didn't have JWH then either. But we also didn't have Luke Keary who is our key player by a million miles. Latrell was at 5/8. We didn't have Verrills or Friend at hooker and Rads wasn't at lock. Oh and BMoz was at centre.

It was a frankenstein 17 that still almost won.
I agree that the Roosters are better, but not sure the margin is as great as you’re saying.

The storm’s best is still pretty good. What I haven’t seen them do this year is put it all together for a full 80. So that may be an issue.

dogz08

First Grade
i think a roosters v raiders grand final would be the most exciting game.. so hopefully roosters win..

nick87

Coach
This is the real grand final, and the teams competing should treat it that way
If you’ve got to merkin a bloke on the chin and start a giant riot early on where half a dozen guys in each side are throwing haymakers to set the tone, so be it

Vic Mackey

Referee
i think a roosters v raiders grand final would be the most exciting game.. so hopefully roosters win..

That’s what I think too

Thought Roosters all the way but JWH is a huge loss and the Storm looked slick last night (admittedly against an Eels side who didn’t belong in the fight). I’m still not convinced Hughes is a quality 7 and despite the hype Papenhuyzen has a lot of flaws that the experienced Roosters halves can take advantage of.

Tipping Easts but if they’re even at 90% the Storm are a huge chance. Roosters by 8

Last edited:

The unknown

Juniors
These two teams will bash the shit out of each other. While the other game feels like it will be a little more attack orientated

I'll go the good guys by 1

TheFrog

Coach
Finally, these sides meet in a match that actually counts. If the Roosters can match the Storm forwards without JWH they'll win easy with their sharp ball movement, but they win less than 50% without him, and this is as tough an opponent as any they'll face. $2.40 Storm sounds like really good value to me in what is an even money match.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Roosters week off won’t be much of an advantage when you consider the Storm pretty much had a training run against Eels

Storm by 2

jiorl

Juniors
Finally, these sides meet in a match that actually counts. If the Roosters can match the Storm forwards without JWH they'll win easy with their sharp ball movement, but they win less than 50% without him, and this is as tough an opponent as any they'll face. $2.40 Storm sounds like really good value to me in what is an even money match.
im sure this year we have had more wins without jared then losses without him

Latest posts