What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Gear

callmack1

Staff member
Nice!!! Are they one of the large sponsors that was mentined in the report the other day?

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs 2019 Away Jersey Revealed: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/12/13/rabbitohs-2019-away-jersey-revealed/

PRE-SALE 2019 Away Jersey: https://shop.rabbitohs.com.au/pre-sale-2019-away-jersey-910.phtml

Already availible for pre-sale!

However, it's interesting to look at the disclaimer. It states that "additional sponsors will be added accordingly". To me, that suggests there will be a sleeve sponsor which is good. It also says "stock will not arrive until early March 2019." What is up with that though?!!! That's a bit of a joke!

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
From the Daily Telegraph,

5cd11b977d54b8c2530a7ffda13bbc53.jpg

South Sydney unveil new away strip with Alcatel Mobile the $2 million major sponsor

This is the new South Sydney away strip with a new $2 million sponsor splashed across the front.

In an exclusive photo for The Daily Telegraph, Rabbitohs stars Sam Burgess and John Sutton modelled the jersey at Redfern Oval.

The design is a throwback to the 1980s, with vertical stripes on the sleeves.

At a launch in Sydney’s Woolwich Dock on Thursday, South Sydney announced Alcatel Mobile would be the new major away jersey sponsor for the next two years.

The deal is worth $2 million.

“Them coming on as major sponsor is massive,” Souths halfback Adam Reynolds said.

John Sutton and Sam Burgess in the Rabbitohs new jersey. (Phil Hillyard)
The Daily Telegraph forecast just week that Souths were on the verge of securing a huge sponsorship deal.

Rabbitohs co-owner Russell Crowe has strategically entered negotiations when necessary.

Alcatel Mobile is part of the Chinese-based TCL group, which manufactures electrical goods including televisions and white goods.

The agreement will have TCL visible on the lower back of home-game jerseys.

The company’s US revenue last year topped $25 billion.

Souths chief executive Blake Solly visited the company’s Chinese headquarters last week to nail down the deal.

It’s a classic look for 2019. (Phil Hillyard)
Alcatel was previously a shorts and training shirt sponsor at Souths before upgrading for next season. It has been a commercial partner at Redfern for the past eight years.

Souths announced a new sponsorship partnership with Zoom Video Communications only last week.

“It’s fantastic to have an international brand like Alcatel step up to the away jersey sponsorship,’’ Sam Burgess said.

“The Rabbitohs and Alcatel are a great fit and the jersey looks brilliant, too.

“I can’t wait to wear it next season.”

Sam Skontos, Alcatel VP and regional managing director, south east Asia, revealed why his company had upgraded its sponsorship with Souths.

“While brand exposure may seem like the most obvious benefit, our long-term relationship with the club means that we have also seen first-hand the crucial role this club plays in its local community,” he said.

“The unheralded work behind the scenes with Souths Cares, their youth and indigenous initiatives, are also very important to us.

“Our brand fits the rugby league market perfectly, and our journey as an organisation mirrors in many ways that of Souths over the better part of the last decade.

“We have grown into a powerhouse brand in the mobile phone and tablet market with a focus on technology accessible to all, and we couldn’t be prouder to have grown the relationship continuously over the last eight seasons.”

Solly said: “I recently travelled to Shenzhen to meet with the executive team at Alcatel and TCL and they have some exciting plans for their business as well as their partnership with us.”

ThingFish

Juniors
From the Daily Telegraph,

5cd11b977d54b8c2530a7ffda13bbc53.jpg

South Sydney unveil new away strip with Alcatel Mobile the $2 million major sponsor

This is the new South Sydney away strip with a new $2 million sponsor splashed across the front.

In an exclusive photo for The Daily Telegraph, Rabbitohs stars Sam Burgess and John Sutton modelled the jersey at Redfern Oval.

The design is a throwback to the 1980s, with vertical stripes on the sleeves.

At a launch in Sydney’s Woolwich Dock on Thursday, South Sydney announced Alcatel Mobile would be the new major away jersey sponsor for the next two years.

The deal is worth $2 million.

“Them coming on as major sponsor is massive,” Souths halfback Adam Reynolds said.

John Sutton and Sam Burgess in the Rabbitohs new jersey. (Phil Hillyard)
The Daily Telegraph forecast just week that Souths were on the verge of securing a huge sponsorship deal.

Rabbitohs co-owner Russell Crowe has strategically entered negotiations when necessary.

Alcatel Mobile is part of the Chinese-based TCL group, which manufactures electrical goods including televisions and white goods.

The agreement will have TCL visible on the lower back of home-game jerseys.

The company’s US revenue last year topped $25 billion.

Souths chief executive Blake Solly visited the company’s Chinese headquarters last week to nail down the deal.

It’s a classic look for 2019. (Phil Hillyard)
Alcatel was previously a shorts and training shirt sponsor at Souths before upgrading for next season. It has been a commercial partner at Redfern for the past eight years.

Souths announced a new sponsorship partnership with Zoom Video Communications only last week.

“It’s fantastic to have an international brand like Alcatel step up to the away jersey sponsorship,’’ Sam Burgess said.

“The Rabbitohs and Alcatel are a great fit and the jersey looks brilliant, too.

“I can’t wait to wear it next season.”

Sam Skontos, Alcatel VP and regional managing director, south east Asia, revealed why his company had upgraded its sponsorship with Souths.

“While brand exposure may seem like the most obvious benefit, our long-term relationship with the club means that we have also seen first-hand the crucial role this club plays in its local community,” he said.

“The unheralded work behind the scenes with Souths Cares, their youth and indigenous initiatives, are also very important to us.

“Our brand fits the rugby league market perfectly, and our journey as an organisation mirrors in many ways that of Souths over the better part of the last decade.

“We have grown into a powerhouse brand in the mobile phone and tablet market with a focus on technology accessible to all, and we couldn’t be prouder to have grown the relationship continuously over the last eight seasons.”

Solly said: “I recently travelled to Shenzhen to meet with the executive team at Alcatel and TCL and they have some exciting plans for their business as well as their partnership with us.”
I’m liking how currently the sponsor doesn’t overpower the jersey, doesn’t “interrupt” the design. But as you say future sponsor additions could screw that up.

Pommy

Coach
I just noticed Brydens lawyers is on the bottom of the website. Looks like a minor sponsor but is that new? I don’t remember it.

callmack1

Staff member
And still no home shirt.
Yea I know. It should be getting released soon though, the promise was always that it'd be released after new years. I guess I'll have to buy that like I do every year too haha.

Pommy

Coach
Yea I know. It should be getting released soon though, the promise was always that it'd be released after new years. I guess I'll have to buy that like I do every year too haha.

I only got the ANZAC one last year. I’m tempted by the away one depending on how it looks with extra sponsors.

Latest posts