What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

sempmrh

Juniors
The number is too low and small on account of the GPS pocket sitting below the "keystone" between the sleeves.
The placement and space between the number and Holden logo seems to vary from player to player as well. Nitpicking, sure - but it looks unprofessional.

sempmrh

Juniors
Are you saying that only some of the numbers need to "rise"?
I see what you did there.

You could also say that some of the numbers need to be lowered - lowered like my expectations that the Kangaroos will ever get their on-field look right.

hellteam

First Grade
Zoo (or whatever they are called) will be a good change for the Titans. They've mainly done rugby union up to now but what I've seen have been simple, and they have a good template.

Here is the Reds 2019 jersey by them

ef66e7cbbf85d74d4e16e2a165d10ee1

100%green

Juniors
Aside from SL internationals, I can't remember them ever having players names on Kangaroos jerseys.

I thought there were a few tests or a 90's World Cup where names were on the jerseys?

Adidas, Fila, Hummel, Nike, Puma, Reebok and Umbro. Where have all the international brands gone from our great game.

Mostly it was not worth their time or the clubs. Always hard to get gear or good ranges from the big guys. Companies like ISC, Blades, CCC etc this is their bread and butter unlike the others.

Dawesy76

Juniors
In regards to Nike there was word on some broncos fan pages they wanted to stay but the puma/ISC was better money. Go figure.

Adidas has pulled out of most Cricket clothing too. Just shoes and equipment now. Odd decisions really.

The Marshall

Juniors
In regards to Nike there was word on some broncos fan pages they wanted to stay but the puma/ISC was better money. Go figure.

Adidas has pulled out of most Cricket clothing too. Just shoes and equipment now. Odd decisions really.
I was talking to a merchandise manager at the Bulldogs a few years ago and they said they had huge issues when they were with Nike as they would only manufacture the bare minimum amount and they had a very small range. They would never had jerseys available until a few rounds into the season and it was just a nightmare they couldn't wait to see the end of them form that point of view.

100%green

Juniors
I was talking to a merchandise manager at the Bulldogs a few years ago and they said they had huge issues when they were with Nike as they would only manufacture the bare minimum amount and they had a very small range. They would never had jerseys available until a few rounds into the season and it was just a nightmare they couldn't wait to see the end of them form that point of view.

That is pretty much the case with big companies like that. Look at the Broncos ranges, the jerseys were lazy designs and they never had many event jerseys. Off field was always very plain and stockists struggled to get their gear as Nike is VERY hard to deal with.

All the big companies has heaps of hoops you had to jump through to get accounts then stock was at a premium.

ISC, CCC, Zoo, Blades, O'Neills etc are all WAY better!!!

Zerô

Juniors
Can confirm Nike is a pain in the arse.

If you wanted to stock a couple of Broncos jerseys, Nike had you hand over business loan statements, and if they werent satisfied, your personal loan and home loan statements.

They didn't want their merch to be associated with a failing business, or have a Nike product in a bargain bin.

Made it almost impossible for a small mum & dad apparel store to stock anything by them, and they were happier not bowing to their demands.

LineBall

Juniors
Can confirm Nike is a pain in the arse.

If you wanted to stock a couple of Broncos jerseys, Nike had you hand over business loan statements, and if they werent satisfied, your personal loan and home loan statements.

They didn't want their merch to be associated with a failing business, or have a Nike product in a bargain bin.

Made it almost impossible for a small mum & dad apparel store to stock anything by them, and they were happier not bowing to their demands.

And did they stipulate you had to purchase a minimum amount to stock their product, with no returns or rotation of stock?

Zerô

Juniors
And did they stipulate you had to purchase a minimum amount to stock their product, with no returns or rotation of stock?

The place that told me about it never got that far, once they demanded the home loan info, they stopped all communication

Dawesy76

Juniors
Man U fans I know will tell you of frustrations they had with Nike gear over the years.

Remember. When Man U switched to adidas, one of the reasons was because they were low balled by Nike. Once again. Odd decision.

I prefer the look of the Dragons X Blades jerseys to when we were with ISC, but the material they use is the absolute shits. I miss Adidas & Reebok (and Classic, Canterbury, Peerless, Westmont...)

sempmrh

Juniors
Reebok’s business has changed and now focuses on gym and training gear so they’re not going to do sports apparel deals again anytime soon (aside from their partnership with UFC). Fila is more interested in selling clothing to kids who wish it was the 90s again despite them growing up in the 2000s. For the rest of the bigger, international brands, I guess they feel there’s not enough of a return for them - and even when they do sponsor a team they often put in minimal effort.

Latest posts