What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 LU Dynasty League

Cupid Stunt

What's happening this year? Haven't had to make so many commish picks for a long time.

Might be a time to think about restructuring the draft perhaps? Cut the drops to four, hell three even, shot clock back to twelve hours, 24 hour lockout at the end, & then a waiver wire only exchange after that for a bit.

Not saying that's a perfect setup, just spitballing for discussion... :shrug:♂️

kurt faulk

Coach

Yeah the 24 hour timer is too long. I'll take it down to 16 hours next season.

I will not do a waiver wire after the draft ends. I hate it.

But I am thinking of upping the keepers to 19 and owners can drop as little or many as they like next season before the draft.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Hhhmm that would reduce the quality of available players in draft though.

But if everyone is fine then no major issues here.

abpanther

Staff member
Hhhmm that would reduce the quality of available players in draft though.

But if everyone is fine then no major issues here.

I agree, I don't really see the need for it, only having to drop 5 players in the offseason means there's already not much quality in the draft pool outside of rookies.

Happy to go with the majority

kurt faulk

Coach

the thinking behind it is if a team is happy with their roster they may only drop a couple of players. unhappy, drop more than 5 players. there should be more rookies for the lower teams to choose from since the better teams won't draft as many of them.

anyway, i won't change it unless there is a unanimous agreement to do it.

maybe we can test ti out for one season and see how it goes then reassess?

Dazzelx01

Juniors
Sorry for the late reply.

I reckon keep it the way it is. I've seen in another league teams being very shifty with this concept.

kurt faulk

Coach

lost a cripple fight. what does that say about my team?

at least i get the #1 waiver position. now i have to work out who to waste it on.