What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020: NRL 360

eel01s

Bench
Can't find any articles with Blake's contract amount at the Panthers. Wonder how much he signed for last year? But $500k over 4 years seems very good value.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Can't find any articles with Blake's contract amount at the Panthers. Wonder how much he signed for last year? But $500k over 4 years seems very good value.
Even better when you consider its 4 and a half years (minus the games he is injured for)

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Considering we are rumoured to be $500k or so under the cap for this year. We could pay him all that, and it’s only $1.5million over 4 years (obviously rough figures) - that’s a pretty decent deal for us.

Considering we are rumoured to be $500k or so under the cap for this year. We could pay him all that, and it’s only $1.5million over 4 years (obviously rough figures) - that’s a pretty decent deal for us.
Well Gutho got some of that money too, and Hooper said it was a tick over 2 so let's say 2.1. Probably still a good deal though.

Gronk

Staff member
Thats a f**king Bargin, lol @ the Dukeless Panthers.
Removing all bias from the argument I can honesty say that Waqa and Kikau were the two players that I feared the most last year when they were playing decent footy. This is a really exciting signing and don’t really understand why Penrith let him go. Their cap must really be outa wack.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Removing all bias from the argument I can honesty say that Waqa and Kikau were the two players that I feared the most last year when they were playing decent footy. This is a really exciting signing and don’t really understand why Penrith let him go. Their cap must really be outa wack.
Or Cleary’s bus is very unpopular.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Bit of talk about showponys losing lots of quality players

apparently a rebuild year, when at the start of the year they were a top 4 side

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Nobody's a good signing if you're paying too much.

Gronk

Staff member
Bit of talk about showponys losing lots of quality players

apparently a rebuild year, when at the start of the year they were a top 4 side
I thought that the Broncos had a system that was not coach centric. That their roster was constantly evolving and the coach of the day could be dropped in and maintain success without having to build a team that suits him ?

Indeed this is the system that (as I understand it) we have adopted.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I thought that the Broncos had a system that was not coach centric. That their roster was constantly evolving and the coach of the day could be dropped in and maintain success without having to build a team that suits him ?

Indeed this is the system that (as I understand it) we have adopted.
Surely we're not blaming Seibold for their woes?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Just like us last year

I was gonna mention that, but knew some merkin would

Main difference is the showponys are expected to be a top side every year, million in tpa’s, one team town of millions of people. Supposedly the most fearsome pack of young forwards coming through this year etc...biggest under achievers of the competition considering what’s at their disposal on and off the paddock

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Their squad is just too young. It's certainly somebody's fault (in recruitment/retention) but they are playing like a very talented, inexperienced team. They'll be better next year, and great in 2021. It doesn't matter who the coach is.