What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 NRL Ad Campaign

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
"Say my name"

DHx0xca.gif

grouch

First Grade
I love that Taumalolo is the star of it. Great choice

But man... the choppy editing and dim lighting. Why is the NRL so keen on darkness? Most of the games and now most of the ad

stormbati

Bench
Love it. The best part about it for me is they’ve really embraced the multicultural aspect of the game with Lolo as the star and what seems like his old man speaking with Addo-Carr quickly following that.
I probably would have added ‘NRL ON FIRE 2019’ with the Hunger games whistling at the end to give it that epic finish.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Without the context of the off-season it's fantastic, but timing wise there's some poor choices

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
The thing that kills me is that i dont think the NRL actually know what the goal is with that ad. What do they want to achieve?

Sell tickets? Nope, no prices or anything.
Spread awareness? Whats the point, it will be in all the papers

I think the real idea is to set the tone/vibe of the game, which is actually a super necessary and valuable thing. But what are 5 ads in the preseason actually going to do?

I think the only way something lime this will get real cut-through is if they write into the tv contract that the networks need to play it before every broadcast. Prime views with these ads right before they actually take the game in

Last Week

Bench
I think it's more about signalling the end of an error. Thurston, Slater, etc, retiring.

Taumalolo, Ponga, Addo Carr, etc etc. They are the new error.

It's good. Spot lighting the players/characters.