1. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication to accompany your footy weekend.

INCLUDES team lists, match previews, match reports, key stats and news from around the National Rugby League - 36 pages and packed full.

EDITION 2 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

2019 NRL Grand Final - Raiders v Roosters 6/10/19

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by TheParraboy, Sep 29, 2019.

1. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

Assuming wighton could hear with 85000 people yelling.
    I'd say having acess to a TV and the refs microphone makes it sound nice and clear mate.

2. Eelementary

Eelementary Post Whore

I don't know, mate - the Bears were awful, and the Raiders O-line played the best they have in years.

I doubt they replicate that form consistently.

Derek Carr is still a massive liability.

3. lingard

lingard First Grade

The sin bin was a good decision. If Cronk had come in a split second later (i.e: a legal tackle) Papalli would have had the momentum and would have bulldozed his way through Cronk and scored (the ref was obviously thinking that way, because he was looking at a possible penalty try). It may have been unintentional on Cronk's part (who knows), but fulfills the criteria for 'professional foul' in every other respect.

chiefy1, Gazzamatta and hindy111 like this.
  4. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

The next few weeks are tough but then it opens up. I still think they will get 8 wins which isnt bad at all

Eelementary likes this.
  5. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

6. strider

strider Post Whore

Lockyer was too busy trying to find a queenslander to give the medal to?

Avenger likes this.
  7. T.S Quint

T.S Quint Coach

Is a professional foul not when a player intentionally impedes another to prevent them from scoring a try?
    I don’t know how anyone can say that Cronk intentionally tackled Papalii without the ball, considering there was a split second between him touching his arm and the ball arriving to him.
    You also can’t say that Papalii was going to bulldoze him and score considering Cronk is right there to tackle him. You can’t make the decision that Cronk is definitely going to miss.

Definite penalty but a sin bin was way too harsh.

hineyrulz and oldmancraigy like this.
  8. IFR33K

IFR33K Coach

I have no issue with the so called ‘blunder’. The raiders would of heard the “last call”. Even if it remained 6 again, there no guarantees the raiders would of scored. Roosters defence was amazing. Plus Ricky sux too.

Joshuatheeel, Noise and Avenger like this.
  9. Avenger

Avenger Referee

Great player but he comes across as an epic dope when commentating.

10. Avenger

Avenger Referee

Thank God Ricky didn’t come away with a premiership. I’d rather the Roosters go back to back then see him all smug.

Eelementary, Joshuatheeel and Noise like this.
  11. IFR33K

IFR33K Coach

I was honestly hoping the raiders will win. Until a few days ago, when sticky decided to not acknowledge Robinson when they done a photo shot with the premiership trophy.

I almost forgot how arrogant he was.

Avenger likes this.
  12. Oscarman

Oscarman Juniors

After we won the GF? I wouldn't give two f**ks if Billy Slater was given it.

T.S Quint, hineyrulz and hindy111 like this.
  13. Twizzle

Twizzle Administrator Staff Member

what a massive f**k up this GF has been

hindy111 likes this.
  14. Eelogical

Eelogical Coach

If anything is to be taken from the GF for the NRL to consider going forward, then maybe it's the circumstances of when any trainer is allowed on the field during the game. For me, it should only be at stops in play (penalty goal attempt or try scored with the subsequent conversion), or when a player goes down and requires assistance (ref's discretion). This would reduce the chances of similar situations happening like last night's incident plus it would get that 14th man off the field as well as give the team captains role more credence.

Gazzamatta likes this.
  15. Eelogical

Eelogical Coach

upload_2019-10-7_15-57-57.jpeg

16. Eelementary

Eelementary Post Whore

We are a pretty ordinary side, tbh.

Clelin Ferrell, and Josh Jacobs, look like good prospects, and Tyrell Williams is a gun, but other than that...

17. Kornstar

Kornstar Coach

I don't think i've ever seen so much discussion about what was ultimately the correct decision. Most people are talking as if it actually came off the Roosters when all evidence points towards it coming off the Raiders.

Don't we ultimately want the correct decision made? Cause the outrage over the last 20 hours over the correct call has been ridiculous.

18. Joshuatheeel

Joshuatheeel Moderator Staff Member

Yep imagine if the raiders scored of a call of 6 to go.

Additionally I could understand the frustration even more if it occurred to the raiders rucking it off their try line and occurred 40-50 m out giving roosters good field position.

But for all the whinging, roosters got it back 5 out, a great position for the roosters.

Kornstar likes this.
  19. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

Hold up.
    Then it would of been a bad reffs call but a fair play if they scored. What happend was Wighton surrended possesion at a critical time of play. This is the issue. Not the right or wrong play. It was a dead play. Of course we do not know what would of happend. The fact is he called 6 again so Wighton surrended. I also feel that the raiders where in a bit of shock and lost concentration after that call for 20 seconds being confused and the Roosters scored.

20. Eelogical

Eelogical Coach

Imagine when the robots take over officiating the game. Every call will be correct, no contentious issues to dissect after the game, no need for the bunker or a referee, cut and dried post match forum comments. How exciting will that be?