What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 NSWRL Tarsha Gale Cup (U18)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Round 1 today

St George Dragons 24 Wests Tigers 26
Sat 9am, Mascot Oval

Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 14 Illawarra Steelers 56
Sat 10:15am, Shark Park

Penrith Panthers 28 Sydney Roosters Indigenous Academy 10
Sat 10:30am, Panthers Stadium

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 0 Newcastle Knights 58
Sat 11am, Belmore

Canberra Raiders 14 Parramatta Eels 32
Sat Noon, Raiders Club Belconnen

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Round 2 results in - details @ https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32772-results-2019-harvey-norman-tarsha-gale-cup-round-2/

DzgRmPLUcAET0oI.jpg:large

kbw

Bench
Thanks,

What where they created for? Aims and goals? Are they in any other age group? Indigenous academy where do they get their players?

the indigenous academy run a couple of teams in some lower age groups that compete on one weekend. I am not too sure of the details or if they are also aligned with the Roosters.

The players are brought from all over the place The current squad has players from Newcaslte, Inverell, Illawarra, Moree and 1 from QLD and 1 from Darwin to name a few.

It is obviously targeting Indigenous girls but not limited to.

It started off as its own entity I think in 2017 and in 2018 the Roosters stepped in to fund the side and help run it. 3 players from last years team where invited to several of the training sessions for the Roosters NRLW team.

The Roosters saw this team as a perfect fit to broaden their Women's RL program as well as their Indigenous program. While its not as highly publicised as other club's Indigenous relationships it is quite comprehensive

Dakink

Bench
the indigenous academy run a couple of teams in some lower age groups that compete on one weekend. I am not too sure of the details or if they are also aligned with the Roosters.

The players are brought from all over the place The current squad has players from Newcaslte, Inverell, Illawarra, Moree and 1 from QLD and 1 from Darwin to name a few.

It is obviously targeting Indigenous girls but not limited to.

It started off as its own entity I think in 2017 and in 2018 the Roosters stepped in to fund the side and help run it. 3 players from last years team where invited to several of the training sessions for the Roosters NRLW team.

The Roosters saw this team as a perfect fit to broaden their Women's RL program as well as their Indigenous program. While its not as highly publicised as other club's Indigenous relationships it is quite comprehensive

Thanks mate.

What a great idea and potential plater stream for not only the Roosters but other ladies league teams.