What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Pre-Season Trials - March 2

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Results: https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32818-results-2019-nrl-pre-season-week-3/

D0phmV_VYAEUkna.jpg:large

gerg

Juniors
What about Canberra and Bulldogs? Do they play today or just not doing a trial?

They played last weekend with the Supercoach motivating the boys to a win. Let me just make it clear, because I've been a little ambiguous with the Supercoach term, because honestly either coach has a legitimate claim to that title. In this instance I'm referring to Supercoach Sticky.

Rhyno

First Grade
Looks like the panthers are in for a long year

I wonder if daddy will ground Nathan after last nights performance

Is he seriously giving Brimson the flick from the fullback spot for 45yr old Michael Gordon?

AJ had off-season shoulder surgery so that's why they're taking it easy with him. AJ had a shot at fullback last night and seemed a bit off the pace tbh.

But as for Brennan, some of his selections last year were just mind-boggling to say the very least. For instance, he put Cartwright in the halves in his second game for us and then at the end of the season admitted, "I was wrong." Well, no shit Sherlock. It was never going to work and everybody with half a brain could see that.

And don't get me started on his fascination with selecting Will Mathews.

All I ever read and heard when he signed with us was how much of a great coach he was and how much of a great mentor he is.. Well, here's the thing. That was through Penrith's junior system. This isn't U/20s, this is the real deal. He hasn't proven his worth at this level at all and whilst last night was just a trial, that second half was atrocious considering some of the so called 'depth' we have.

I'm still spewing that Brisbane got Seibold because I rate him a hell of a lot higher than Brennan.

Tiger5150

Bench
The Tigers surprised many last year because they punched above their weight via Cleary's more free flowing style.

Take that out and replace it with a grindy percentages focused footy like Maguires and this is what you get. Basically Tim Sheens era all over again

Man do you even watch Footy? Cleary's more free flowing style? it was the most boring and regimented style of play the Tigers have played since they existed. Wingers taking more hit up than props but great defence......and the Tim Sheens era was the most flashy football the Tigers have ever played,

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What about Canberra and Bulldogs? Do they play today or just not doing a trial?
They had ISP & Flegg trials on Saturday against each other but had already played the NRL one the previous week in Bega. Canberra had another NRL trial v Parra in week one. I assume the Dogs just waited too late to organise a trial for the weekend just gone and as a result didn't get to find an opponent.

For what it's worth the Tigers trial against NZ was their only official NRL trial as well.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
AJ had off-season shoulder surgery so that's why they're taking it easy with him. AJ had a shot at fullback last night and seemed a bit off the pace tbh.

But as for Brennan, some of his selections last year were just mind-boggling to say the very least. For instance, he put Cartwright in the halves in his second game for us and then at the end of the season admitted, "I was wrong." Well, no shit Sherlock. It was never going to work and everybody with half a brain could see that.

And don't get me started on his fascination with selecting Will Mathews.

All I ever read and heard when he signed with us was how much of a great coach he was and how much of a great mentor he is.. Well, here's the thing. That was through Penrith's junior system. This isn't U/20s, this is the real deal. He hasn't proven his worth at this level at all and whilst last night was just a trial, that second half was atrocious considering some of the so called 'depth' we have.

I'm still spewing that Brisbane got Seibold because I rate him a hell of a lot higher than Brennan.
Coach Penrith juniors you have the best cattle.

Success should be assured, you would have be shyte to fail as a Penrith junior coach.

mxlegend99

Referee
Coach Penrith juniors you have the best cattle.

Success should be assured, you would have be shyte to fail as a Penrith junior coach.
Trent Barrett is the only coach of our U20s team not to make the finals with them since Gus arrived.

2013 - Panthers win comp under Brennan
2014 - Panthers miss finals under Barrett
2015 - Panther win comp under Ciraldo

Yet somehow Barrett was first to get a head coaching job.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Trent Barrett is the only coach of our U20s team not to make the finals with them since Gus arrived.

2013 - Panthers win comp under Brennan
2014 - Panthers miss finals under Barrett
2015 - Panther win comp under Ciraldo

Yet somehow Barrett was first to get a head coaching job.
Must be a steeler thing, Marys next extension will be on its way shortly