What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 GF | PREMIERS - Roosters 14-8 Raiders @ ANZ

Grand Final: Roosters v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nick87

Coach
So you are asserting the tackle wasn’t dangerous?

Correct.
Sia is committed to the tackle, it is not late, high and the contact point of Sia is waste.

The incident becomes dangerous because the kicker fails to get his kick off in time... You get a penalty because your kicker cant get his f**king away.

Again, find me a single time where a tackler has been penalised for a successful charged down, and ill concede the point.
Just one.

Otherwise, there is nothing left to discuss here. It wasnt a penalty as per any rule, was ruled correctly as such. And anyone who is advocating that being a penalty, is essentially saying charge downs should be illegal because they are an inherently dangerous play.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
haha i think we have taken it better than that. like even the greenhouse which is a bit of an insane asylum at times isnt that sulky

Tommy Smith

Referee
haha i think we have taken it better than that. like even the greenhouse which is a bit of an insane asylum at times isnt that sulky
I was pleasantly surprised at the resposne when I went there. I'd say the majority response was, "yeah it was a shit call but it didn't cost us the game. We didn't take our chances and the Roosters took their sole opportunity in the 2nd half and deserved to win".

And again, the Raiders fans at the stadium were great. Only a couple of douchebag Roosters fans gloating afterwards which sadly always seems to happen, but the Green Machine took it well.

Again, I hope they can sustain the success because it isn't easy. 9 out of 10 losing Grand Finalists in the 2010s didn't make it back so the challenge is set. If George Williams kills it then the Raiders will be the team to beat imo.

Cockosh

Juniors
I'll go one better than that.

Soliola wasn't cited by the Match Review Committee for dangerous contact. They didn't think the tackle was dangerous.
So you are saying it wasnt dangerous then?

Graham Annesley also said they got the 6 again call right. So because the powers that be say it’s ok it must be right. Ok then.

I must thank you for the laugh. Saying keary jumped into the tackle is one the funnier things I’ve read here. You are a funny guy. Well done.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yeah Sia really should have pulled out at this stage, he had ample time...

3e07fb79390f0d49eccbf017a6888002

bileduct

Coach
So you are saying it wasnt dangerous then?

Graham Annesley also said they got the 6 again call right. So because the powers that be say it’s ok it must be right. Ok then.

I must thank you for the laugh. Saying keary jumped into the tackle is one the funnier things I’ve read here. You are a funny guy. Well done.
Thanks!

Also Graham Annesley...

“So does that decision, the initial indication of six again effect the way Canberra play out that tackle? Yeah, I’m sure it does."

“Did they do it in a way that was acceptable and in a way that didn’t create confusion among the Raiders players? No, they didn’t."

Cockosh

Juniors
Thanks!

Also Graham Annesley...

“So does that decision, the initial indication of six again effect the way Canberra play out that tackle? Yeah, I’m sure it does."

“Did they do it in a way that was acceptable and in a way that didn’t create confusion among the Raiders players? No, they didn’t."
You’re welcome.
You still haven’t answered whether or not it was dangerous.

Tommy Smith

Referee
It was quite clearly a dangerous tackle. And you have to perform some pretty epic mental geometry to work your way around this fact.

Cockosh

Juniors
Yeah Sia really should have pulled out at this stage, he had ample time...

3e07fb79390f0d49eccbf017a6888002
That’s just ridiculous. He couldn’t pull out he is committed to the tackle. Unfortunately he put keary in a dangerous position and was lucky that the incompetent officials didn’t penalise his team. One of many referring blunders in the gf

Cockosh

Juniors
It was quite clearly a dangerous tackle. And you have to perform some pretty epic mental geometry to work your way around this fact.
We are dealing with Pythagoras and Isoceles themselves!
Jokes aside It’s this kind of twisting of rule interpretations that has lead to the inconsistencies and plain dumb decisions that refs, MRC and judiciary make. It’s a dangerous tackle. That’s all that needs to be said.

Cockosh

Juniors
I'm pretty sure I have!
Nope. All you’ve done is deflect with nonsense about refs not penalising and mrc not charging soliola. I’ll guve you another turn. Was the tackle dangerous. Yes or no. I’m betting you won’t reply.

bileduct

Coach
Nope. All you’ve done is deflect with nonsense about refs not penalising and mrc not charging soliola. I’ll guve you another turn. Was the tackle dangerous. Yes or no. I’m betting you won’t reply.
Already answered it mate.

Cockosh

Juniors
Already answered it mate.
Exactly. By stating it’s not dangerous you look like a biased fool. By stating it is dangerous you concede that your argument is bs. Credibility and impartiality arent your strong suits based on your posts from the storm game.