What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 GF | PREMIERS - Roosters 14-8 Raiders @ ANZ

Grand Final: Roosters v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bileduct

Coach
Exactly. By stating it’s not dangerous you look like a biased fool. By stating it is dangerous you concede that your argument is bs. Credibility and impartiality arent your strong suits based on your posts from the storm game.
Are we sure the ball didn't hit you in the head mate? You seem a bit abnormal.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Only if you agree to apply the same logic to high tackles. So a player committing to a tackle is licence to perform dangerous tackles.
Why would you? Sia's tackle wasn't high, wasn't late, it wasn't below the waist, it was aimed at Keary's torso. Keary wasn't in the air when Sia was committed.

So you're basically basing "dangerous contact" on where Keary's leg ends up which Sia is expected to predict.

Cockosh

Juniors
Why would you? Sia's tackle wasn't high, wasn't late, it wasn't below the waist, it was aimed at Keary's torso. Keary wasn't in the air when Sia was committed.

So you're basically basing "dangerous contact" on where Keary's leg ends up which Sia is expected to predict.
It’s irrelevant whether it’s high or late. He ultimately collects his legs in a dangerous position. The rule talks about dangerous tackles. It doesn’t have get out clauses for a player being committed to a tackle or otherwise. Just like high shots. If you contact the head accidental or not it’s s penalty. Simple.

Cockosh

Juniors
What does it say constitutes a dangerous tackle in that situation?
It doesn’t. I’d assume common sense would dictate. Making contact with s kickers legs with enough force to flip him would constitute it for me. Why don’t you tell me what should constitute a dangerous tackle. Does it have to involve an injury?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
It doesn’t. I’d assume common sense would dictate
Well I would conclude that because the referee, match officials, MRC and just about everybody outside of the Rooster's fanbase doesn't have an issue with it then the "common" sense part of the equation would side with Soliola.

Cockosh

Juniors
Well I would conclude that because the referee, match officials, MRC and just about everybody outside of the Rooster's fanbase doesn't have an issue with it then the "common" sense part of the equation would side with Soliola.
Depends who you listen I suppose. Sounds like you’re in your Canberra bubble. Graham Hughes was adamant it was a penalty as was Hadley on 2GB. And of course there is no anti roosters bias given we played every neutrals favourite, the underdog. I have sympathy for raiders fans with the 6 again call. It was a farce and it was a roll of the dice on which team got screwed most by it. We got dudded with keary not getting a penalty and sst getting penalised for stripping after knock on call so alls square. In the end the better team on the day and all season prevailed as they do most years. Our defence is the stuff of legend.

bileduct

Coach
Depends who you listen I suppose. Sounds like you’re in your Canberra bubble. Graham Hughes was adamant it was a penalty as was Hadley
Mate, you only cause problems for yourself by taking anything these two idiots say seriously.

Cockosh

Juniors
Obvious to you and Graham Hughes. The guy who hosts a show where Blocker is the voice of reason.
Your mate wouldn’t answer so I’ll ask you. Do you think keary was put into a dangerous position?
I don’t disagree on blocker tbh but don’t mind Hughes and tunks. They’re not exactly roosters apologists. They are as credible as any of the other dribblers gould, rabs, Johns, Johns, Fittler, Lockyer, jt etc. won’t even get into Tallis.

Latest posts