What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R11 Fri - Knights 38-12 Roosters @ McDonald Jones

Round 11: Knights v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2019 - Round 11
Newcastle Knights v Sydney Roosters
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Friday 24 May 2019

Gates 5:30pm / Canterbury Cup 5:40pm / NRL 7:55pm

TL-NEW19.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Edrick Lee 3. Hymel Hunt 4. Jesse Ramien 5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 6. Connor Watson 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. David Klemmer 9. Danny Levi 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 12. Mitchell Barnett 13. Tim Glasby
Interchange: 14. Kurt Mann 15. Herman Ese'ese 16. James Gavet 17. Sione Mata'utia 18. Josh King 19. Pasami Saulo 20. Jamie Buhrer 21. Mason Lino

TL-SYD19.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Latrell Mitchell 4. Joseph Manu 5. Matt Ikuvalu 6. Luke Keary 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Victor Radley 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Angus Crichton 13. Isaac Liu
Interchange: 14. Nat Butcher 15. Zane Tetevano 16. Sitili Tupouniua 17. Mitchell Aubusson 18. Lindsay Collins 19. Ryan Hall 20. Josh Curran 21. Brock Lamb

xoKyYW1.png

Referees: Ben Cummins, Peter Gough
Sideline Officials: Belinda Sharpe, Michael Wise
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Bryan Norrie

Feeder club info
Knights: Newcastle Knights (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup, Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Roosters: North Sydney Bears (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup), Sydney Roosters (NSWRL: Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Match information for all competitions via https://leagueunlimited.com/quick-links​​

Last edited by a moderator:

mozza91

Coach
Should be a massive crowd. Close to 30k I reckon.

Will be a great game. The fact we won comfortably today and appeared to be injury free is good for us with the short turnaround.

Swarzey

Bench
The next three games will define our season, its the toughest run of our draw and we're in the right form to test ourselves. Be competitive, maintain the high quality of football we've played (bar the Dogs 2nd half) and there isn't a reason to not hold our heads up and be optimistic for the end of the season. Unforgiving run but for this team I wouldn't have it any other way.

That said, Tedesco vs Ponga is going to be poggers but I can see them beating us by single digits. 6-8 or so.

TheFrog

Coach
This'll tell the Knights where they stand. The Roosters just starting to come off the boil a tiny bit. It had to happen. Better now than September.

Valheru

Coach
I don't think there is a team looking forward to a week off more than the chooks after the WCC and tough draw to start so it will be interesting to see how they come out.

I don't think young Pearce will get a better chance than this to get one over his old side in the foreseeable future.

The crowd will be rabid which unless we score a couple of tries early will keep the Knights in it all game.

Either side by 4.

footy75

Bench
Looking forward to this. Huge if the Knights can get up. But I think the Roosters will be fired up after their loss.

Valheru

Coach
Hopefully it gives our blokes even more motivation to win. Resting Cronk when they’ve got a bye next week is stupid.

It makes sense when you consider robbo likes to give everyone a rest at some point in the season prior to round 21. Cronk will have a heavy workload over origin with Keary being out and he will rest the origin players post origin so giving cronk a 2 week sabbatical now is good squad management.

The knights may well use it as added motivation but at the end of the day, at 8-2 the result of this match means little to the roosters. Top 4 relatively injury free with a fresh squad is the goal and they are on track for that.

Latest posts